[8] Transatlantique Diplomatique

cypher

A huge map to feel the transatlantic pressure first hand ?

For  4vs4, 2vs2vs2vs2, for FFA or for diplomatic play (FFA + ally)

I hope u like it.

diplomatique transatlantique (2.1 - big version).map

85707739_DiplomatiqueTransatlantiqueNew.thumb.jpg.d2896dd56041711f0674f1d70ffee4bc.jpg

Concept:

This is a transatlantic map. Important cities are represented by oil derricks.

All other ressources are completely balanced.

North America

Oil Derricks : New York, Washington, Atlanta, Nashville, Toronto, Montreal.

Bonus : Airfield (Chicago)

+ seperated from most other players.

+ good to defend if naval supremacy

+ good air & naval play

- bad land play

- only 1 big ore field

- less oil than in europe+africa

-has to reach naval supremacy.

West Europe

Oil Derricks : Madrid, Paris, Berlin, Mailand, London, Stockholm

Bonus : Machine Stop (Rome)

+ good to expand early on

+ good naval play

+ good land play

- in the centre of the storm

East Europe

Oil Derricks : Moscow, Kiew, Athens, Istanbul, Warschau, Riga

Bonus : Secret Lab (Minsk)

+ good to expand early on

+ good land play

- bad naval play

Africa

Oil Derricks : Jerusalem, Kairo, Tunis, Marrakesh, Damaskus

Bonus : Hospital (Tripolis)

+ good to defend

+ good naval play

- hard to expand

- less oil than other players

Edit:

19-05-18 This is a new version (2-0) - much bigger (more space!).

20-05-18 Little improvements. Added some city styles. Water improvemets.

@FReQuEnZy @ChallengerX_Pro @YosefAnan @McPwny @XXxPrePxX

Edited by dirtybob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh! I love these types of maps... the maps that mimic the real world.

I have some thoughts:

First, North America part seems overpowered. Whomever wins/gets that part has 50% of the map on their own (the left side) while the others fight on the right. Although, you did a good job of not adding a lot of tech buildings/ore/gems to the left to try and even it out a bit.

Second, some of the spots on the right are *really* close and in some tough positions to build on. The middle east spot, for instance, has nowhere to build really, but has extraordinary land defensive capabilities. Maybe the mini-map is just too small for me to gauge... maybe there is a lot of room there. But where is the ore for them to build ? Just next to the derricks? That's a real rough starting spot for free for alls unless that spot can secure that ore.. but then the bottom middle position is absolutely trapped.

Then in the top right, if it's FFA you have the top right spot fighting off immediately against France and Germany with one of them in the middle of the other in a real messed up position.

Overall, a fun map, but has some difficult starting spots that don't really allow the teams to build out properly and instead forces immediate fights over the limited gems/ore in any sort of FFA fight. 

• Like 1

@XXxPrePxX

To you first point : Yes US is overpowered. BUT - I intend this to be a more diplomatic play map, so every player is aware that he will lose against the big papa from us when he loses all his attention in the little conflicts on his close border. Especially med/pro players are aware. So it could be fun to see GB + Africa to build naval units f.e. to prevent US from having naval supremacy.

To your second point : I'm worried too about the close starting spots. But I didn't know what else to do. But I built the ore that way, that players can build their own stuff without conflict for a while (except north america). Though it seems to be tough to build f.e. for the middle east spot, you can build all building you need there. Ore for the middle east spot is at turkey (no reproduction) at middle east (no reproduction) at egypt (reproduction) and at greece (reproduction). Due to the oil towers this spot has the lowest ore reproduction . You have long time no interest-conflict with greece, but might have one early on with egypt.

To your third point : Yes germany has a real hard spot (like in reality). It's the hardest to defend, but the best economic point. It seems to be a good idea for germany to ally whether with france or russia.

I'm not sure yet if the map will play out well. I had no online battle yet. I will send feedback and will improve things if needed.

You might also play this map as 4 player.

Thanks a lot for your feedback! Appreciate it!

Edited by dirtybob
  • Like 1

FYI

I tested this map several times now. The concept works - it's very fun for 2vs2vs2vs2 (Westeurope, Easteurope, Africa, America).

Some say America is OP, because they have no natural enemy. Well that's true. But in my games it was always balanced because the weakest players (automatically) took these spots. If USA went too strong players also allied (like west+east europe). This map brings a nice dynamic and feeling, which is different from others.

On 5/21/2018 at 11:25 AM, dirtybob said:

FYI

I tested this map several times now. The concept works - it's very fun for 2vs2vs2vs2 (Westeurope, Easteurope, Africa, America).

Some say America is OP, because they have no natural enemy. Well that's true. But in my games it was always balanced because the weakest players (automatically) took these spots. If USA went too strong players also allied (like west+east europe). This map brings a nice dynamic and feeling, which is different from others.

We had fun with this map. It inspired me to make this one:

https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/8560-new-map-blood-diamonds/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...