Unable to read scenario

bernstein

Question

Hi there

just downloaded and installed Tiberian Sun Online from here.

Whenever i want to start a game (TSMPLauncher.exe) (for instance i select Skirmish and then just Launch Game (with the default Map & AI Opponent)) i get "Unable to read scenario" Message and after clicking the ok button the game just hangs on a black screen.

The same happens when i download Red Alert Online from here.

Happened a few month back on Windows 10 v1809. Now happens on a clean, fully patched Windows 10 v1903. Hardware is an HP Elitebook 840 G5 with an Intel i7-8650U, 32GB RAM & NVMe SSD. No compatibility mode on any exe. Default Graphics settings: Automatic (DDrawCompat & ddwrapper doesn't work).

pleas help! thanks

Note: Separate Single Player installation of Tiberian Sun 2.03 works (classic & firestorm) so the hardware & os clearly can run tiberian sun.

Edited by bernstein

9 answers to this question

Thanks for your suggestion. Just tried it, but sadly it doesn't work (Still get the same error...)

Also tried :

disabling Windows Defender

- disabling Windows Firewall

- running TSMPLauncher.exe, cncnet5.exe & ts-spawn.exe as administrator via compatibility tab...

really at a loss as to why this error persists. Do i need to do something else than running the tso installer?

Edited by bernstein

I have tried everything like you did but i cannot play with cncnet too.I think there is a problem with windows 10.I can play with windows7 system but sadly i cant downgrade my laptop to windows 7.If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know!

On 2/11/2020 at 4:08 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

Where did you install the game? Is there any weird char in the path?

Try to start the game again via skirmish or multiplayer and then check if there is a file named "spawnmap.ini" in the game folder

I have installed game both Documents and program files still not working.Alo there is no weird char.Yeah i have spawnmap.ini in game folder. And thanks for help i really want to play this game again