Ladder Map Pool Changes

KHANIVORE

Ladder Map Pool Changes  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Original Terrace or Vet Terrace?

2. 2. How many mod maps?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, dkeeton said:

Do you guys have specific spawn locations that any of those maps should use? The options we have are random diagonal (standard xwis/wol) or we can specify the spawn locations that the players will spawn into.

On the maps I suggested, all diagonal spawns are fair for the most part, which is why I chose those specific ones.

Edit: They're also more of a variety, as opposed to all being short-distance, long-distance, totally barren and flat, etc.

Edited by c0rpsmakr

1 hour ago, Black said:

It is important to recognize that the reason that the thread starter has a problem with the vet patch is a personal problem with the person who created it.

I believe that all modified maps should be allowed but be able to be rejected.

Vet Map does not = Mod map

Add more approved maps such as seaside, Tiberium forest, Tunnel Training, The other Firestorm 2 player maps, etc.

Figure out some way to make player activity viewable on the main client. The separate client is the biggest reason the whole project is so ignored. Why Can't QM games show up on the main game channel list and be joined from there?

A lot of the maps TRZ listed he is just listing out of ego. He doesn't actually know these maps because if he did he would understand how wholly unbalanced and garbage they are. The over all map could be used if someone took the time to erase all the tiberium and redistribute it in a way that makes sense (this goes for most maps and would be a good project for some of the modder weirdos like humble/holland).

furthermore, need to figure out a solution to people making multiple accounts on the ladder.

clearly the poll says otherwise lil fella and the majority agrees. strike 1. the veteran options are modifications to original maps aka modified maps (MODS) strike 2. (man youre dumb) and i have played all of those maps to a great extent i listed. strike 3. now go back to being a plague on the game and ignored

10 minutes ago, TRZ said:

clearly the poll says otherwise lil fella and the majority agrees. strike 1. the veteran options are modifications to original maps aka modified maps (MODS) strike 2. (man youre dumb) and i have played all of those maps to a great extent i listed. strike 3. now go back to being a plague on the game and ignored

1. What poll are you looking at? Vet has more than twice the votes as non vet.

2. Game Patch and Mod map is not the same thing

3. That is a lie

Now stop holding the game back from progress. The only thing I am a plague to is your lies.

Edited by Black

This poll is too generic really... I voted for both vet & non vet because we should have the option to play either and we can filter what we are willing to play...

I also voted none in the mod map section because in my opinion maps like Giants of War and Big Bluntz Green and the like are not "ladder worthy" but don't get it twisted its just my opinion... I didn't think it related to "map fixes" & "patching/editing" faction properties.

A better path would be to have flexibility to play standard versions and "patched" versions of a good selection of maps that the majority of the community can take into consideration and agree on.

The "Balance & Veteran" updates is and has been a work in progress for several years now and will probably be on-going, we could go into detail here about the game being rushed and unreleased properly etc etc but we don't really need to...

Humble wanted to get the Balance & Vet updates to a "good state" so we have been testing it in typical game play to get it there. We have made a TEXT file readily available on DISCORD that is in a clear and concise format while things are still being worked on for now... the plan is to post it to this forum with more information and possible with pictures or something when humble has the time I believe. If anyone who would like access to the information but couldn't be bothered to get onto discord obviously doesn't care enough for it anyway, but for those that would you can join our Tiberian Sun specific discord https://discord.gg/yQuMYPh and click the # vet-bal-update-info text channel to download the current version text file.

People have too much expectation and think something is gonna be finished and perfect overnight... maybe instead of being narrow minded and calling everything "trash" it would be better to have some input to help with direction and understand that it is an "experimental option"....

TRZ you seem to approach everything so negatively dude... aside from calling everything TRASH and being TOXIC why don't you bring something good to the table in a positive manner? Maybe everyone will stop roasting you man and your opinions could be helpful for once.

Clearly Balance & Vet version is favored by the majority even those that voted for both are open to having either versions playable on the ladder.
To my knowledge, Hitman casted his vote incorrectly and wanted vet and/or both. Also you have access do the discord and people have tried explaining the updates to you and others, but you seem to either just purely hate everything or you are not willing to read and understand the file yourself.

Nobody forced you to play and test them with us, I believe people asked for your input also but I'm not sure what happened there..
If you're gonna complain about literally everything then host your own game to play with someone who wants to play what you are willing to.
I play the non vet version of Terrace with the map fixes with people from time to time too but I'm keeping an open mind in hopes the updates do positive things for the game play. If these maps are so trash then why do the majority of players prefer to play them?

2 hours ago, skylegend said:

This poll is too generic really... I voted for both vet & non vet because we should have the option to play either and we can filter what we are willing to play...

I also voted none in the mod map section because in my opinion maps like Giants of War and Big Bluntz Green and the like are not "ladder worthy" but don't get it twisted its just my opinion... I didn't think it related to "map fixes" & "patching/editing" faction properties.

A better path would be to have flexibility to play standard versions and "patched" versions of a good selection of maps that the majority of the community can take into consideration and agree on.

The "Balance & Veteran" updates is and has been a work in progress for several years now and will probably be on-going, we could go into detail here about the game being rushed and unreleased properly etc etc but we don't really need to...

Humble wanted to get the Balance & Vet updates to a "good state" so we have been testing it in typical game play to get it there. We have made a TEXT file readily available on DISCORD that is in a clear and concise format while things are still being worked on for now... the plan is to post it to this forum with more information and possible with pictures or something when humble has the time I believe. If anyone who would like access to the information but couldn't be bothered to get onto discord obviously doesn't care enough for it anyway, but for those that would you can join our Tiberian Sun specific discord https://discord.gg/yQuMYPh and click the # vet-bal-update-info text channel to download the current version text file.

People have too much expectation and think something is gonna be finished and perfect overnight... maybe instead of being narrow minded and calling everything "trash" it would be better to have some input to help with direction and understand that it is an "experimental option"....

TRZ you seem to approach everything so negatively dude... aside from calling everything TRASH and being TOXIC why don't you bring something good to the table in a positive manner? Maybe everyone will stop roasting you man and your opinions could be helpful for once.

Clearly Balance & Vet version is favored by the majority even those that voted for both are open to having either versions playable on the ladder.
To my knowledge, Hitman casted his vote incorrectly and wanted vet and/or both. Also you have access do the discord and people have tried explaining the updates to you and others, but you seem to either just purely hate everything or you are not willing to read and understand the file yourself.

Nobody forced you to play and test them with us, I believe people asked for your input also but I'm not sure what happened there..
If you're gonna complain about literally everything then host your own game to play with someone who wants to play what you are willing to.
I play the non vet version of Terrace with the map fixes with people from time to time too but I'm keeping an open mind in hopes the updates do positive things for the game play. If these maps are so trash then why do the majority of players prefer to play them?

Imagine if we could just host a tournament game in the main client and choose whatever map we wanted. Can’t believe no one has ever thought of that before.

11 hours ago, TRZ said:

The mere fact that there are 0, repeat 0 official maps on the ladder doesnt seem ridiculous to you? 

Terrace

Forest Firest

Grand Canyon

Tunnel Training

Pentagram

Tiberium Garden Redux

Night of The Mutants

"Seismiuc" before the name change to crater? -_-

Etc all maps that were played competitively for 20 + years.

They really put some of these official maps up edited to shit, and removed tiberium from spots etc.? LOL

i lol'd when i saw pentagram on that list. im the only person who has played that map since the game came out. and its a badass map. most of the firestorm maps are symmetrical unlike the original tibsun maps that are more organic and not the most fair and balanced but that doesnt matter. all maps should be in the pool except maybe the biggest maps made for 8 people. that can probably lead to hour long matches. you know what? put all the maps in and quit fucking around.

Edited by 9LivesCatFood

black my point was about modifications. a patch is a modification. seeing as its not an official patch nor do i remember there being a community vote or input on the matter its a MOD. and the votes for non MOD map is what i meant. the vet poll question was for terrace, i dont mind if people want to play it like sky said though there should be both.

there are 0 official maps on the ladder and thats a joke.

and ill play u on any official map black, u dunno wtf ur talking about. well versed in all those maps u cuck.

sky - i try to give constructive criticism. aimable sams was my idea if u remember as was the tournament rift map which we collabed on. but as far as editing Forest fires - and some of the other maps and dumbing them down. FF isnt any better . look at bottom left. i went to expand one day and the tib that was supposed to be there - gone. spots have been moved, tib. pfff and theres no option to even play the original on the ladder.

ts was mostly fine for 20+ year. i play NOD more than just about anyone except maybe MOLA and i choose the original terrace, always, and do just fine on it.

yall can play ur edited shit thats fine, but when theres not one official map on the ladder thats a joke.

6 hours ago, TRZ said:

black my point was about modifications. a patch is a modification. seeing as its not an official patch nor do i remember there being a community vote or input on the matter its a MOD. and the votes for non MOD map is what i meant. the vet poll question was for terrace, i dont mind if people want to play it like sky said though there should be both.

there are 0 official maps on the ladder and thats a joke.

and ill play u on any official map black, u dunno wtf ur talking about. well versed in all those maps u cuck.

sky - i try to give constructive criticism. aimable sams was my idea if u remember as was the tournament rift map which we collabed on. but as far as editing Forest fires - and some of the other maps and dumbing them down. FF isnt any better . look at bottom left. i went to expand one day and the tib that was supposed to be there - gone. spots have been moved, tib. pfff and theres no option to even play the original on the ladder.

ts was mostly fine for 20+ year. i play NOD more than just about anyone except maybe MOLA and i choose the original terrace, always, and do just fine on it.

yall can play ur edited shit thats fine, but when theres not one official map on the ladder thats a joke.

The reason there aren't any "official maps" is because the stock maps are all trash. I know your play style thrives off imbalances and gimmicks but literally every other player doesn't want maps that are broken and unfair. The entire game and community can't be held back just because you are a whiny bitch that has never and never will win a tournament regardless of all the BS you complain about. Every time you  participate in a tournament you cry about the rules and format. There was lots of input from the pro community that went into the patches. Your opinions were just discounted because they didn't flow with the majority and were otherwise crazy (some shit about wanting the cc to transform into a bike?).

The fact that you were BL on forest fires and tried to expand into ML's expand territory goes into my point about how you don't know or play these other maps. BL expands to the east even on the stock version of the map. Maps getting edited to be logical, fair, and balanced does not dumb them down... It makes them worth playing in the first place. I know people like you however always want that built in excuse of the map not being fair. Your literally just mad because your gimmicks and excuses are being taken away. And even madder that people don't let you get away with your false persona of being the universal guru of TS. You can barely even function on terrace past memorized techniques and build orders, you weren't a high level player until years into the xwis era, and you have a universal reputation as a proven cheater. DEAL WITH IT. Ive never seen you play any other map where you didn't just worthlessly idle and stall out after your initial cheap rush.

Most of the stock maps on TS look like they were just randomly generated with the map generator the WOL client had. Totally illogical and senseless.

Edited by dkeeton
Formatting

is the vet mod map of forest fires the one with the unlimited unkillable weed at every spawn point? lol. honestly part of what made tiberian sun was the fact that the maps werent balanced. they are supposed to look organic and natural not symmetrical. kinda stupid to have giant tiberium field blobs all equally spaced around the map. yall killing tibsun.

Edited by 9LivesCatFood

Leave quick match...its the best thing possible for any real competition. It avoids good players (trz) who only want to play on  map (terrace)

The maps are fine...add more selection...keep mods, why limit the ladder to like 20% of the people playing the game? If modders want to play, and they reject most WW maps, so be it, as long as the maps are essentially fair.

Id prefer larger maps tbh, as i play nod...maps like river runs and FF are perfect for me
Tourny rift and throwback I stand almost no chance vs a decent gdi

Keep variety, despite what these loud idiots say.

i support qm, and have no problem playing on official maps of all varieties. wtf r u noobs even talking about, i was playing them when wuss was setting cheat bbg maps.  there mere fact u think that u have to expand a certain way on this game shows why u suck balls. u wanna 1v1 me on ff u cuck? with watchers? ull get dominated. care to 1v1 on any official map? ull get dominated. i dont need gimmicks or a spot to whoop you up n down. theres not a single player on this game that has or will ever think ur a better player than me. lol why r u even posting. u follow me around, everywhere ...seeking me out. look at how many of your and wuss posts include my name, u guys have a fetish. its trz this trz that, making trz names. lol y u so obsesseeeed with meeeeeeeeeeee . cuck

ur the one trained like a monkey. what i do arent gimmicks, its creativity, ingenuity, not cookie cutter, like your oh you must expand right for bl forest fires. u dont even know what ur talking about. u take tr how about that ill take bl and expand up n toy with u

lol this guys not stable

shocking

Did you use your food stamps to buy alcohol again?

Where did I ever say I was better than you? lol
Its the same argument for years, wah wah all i want is terrace

I mean...scout the map and youll expand properly hunny?

i never said one thing about wanting just terrace. id rather there be every official map but terrace than the map pool that exists now. for a magic comedian youre not very funny . honey please. food stamps? lol i didnt live at home til i was 25 or w/e. get off my nuts madam

i was talking to black. what the hell r u even talking about ....so obsessed damn. u think about me a lot i can tell. every post, ur logs. like hot damn son. u dream about me?

yall r arguing with me about shit i didnt even mention. i said put official maps on the ladder. nobody said anything about just terrace. nobody was talking to u about better than anyone. my post was clearly directed toward black.  

Edited by TRZ

To be fair...i skimmed past most of yours and blacks jibberish...assumed it was the 2 decade old argument

why you crying about vet maps exactly? whats the difference?

Your mad about the more fair, balanced FF because you expanded the wrong way once?
boo hoo

Theres a reason these fixed maps were made...to fix balance issues, or glitches, expand ares etc, they are superior to the official maps

evolve or die.

the new ff is not more balanced. lol. and i am not mad about the vet stuff. keep it, but there should be both. i was saying its absurd that theres not one official map on the ladder. doesnt that seem ridiculous to u? as for my personal life, thats all information ive freely given you, and poked at myself for, how do u think that effects me HAHA. the debate wasnt over the right way to expand anywhere, there is no right way. the point was about removing patches of tiberium and changing a map that was fine for 20 years. 

black was just making up arguments to himself, i never said anything about a proper way to expand or terrace only. i said there should be OFFICIAL maps on the ladder, because there isnt a single one. and that i personally think the map pool is trash

black is a nobody on this game. u go back 15 years ull find my name included in every top 10 list, and playing with the best players head to head. meanwhile he follows me around looking to pickup my poop n sniff it

Well this thread can be closed now.. TRZ is just going to have to live with a full diaper knowing that the future of the game isn't going to be held back just because he wants to have a whiny attitude and hate on everything just because he wasn't the one that came up with it.

Vet > stock

Mod > No mod

3 minutes ago, Black said:

Well this thread can be closed now.. TRZ is just going to have to live with a full diaper knowing that the future of the game isn't going to be held back just because he wants to have a whiny attitude and hate on everything just because he wasn't the one that came up with it.

Vet > stock

Mod > No mod

I dont know I think Tiberian Sun was held back when they reverted FIXED GLOBAL unit behavior to make mammy carryall droppers happy. And no adding giant blobs of tiberium on official maps and unlimited weed surrounded by a halfassed train track so nod can spam nonstop chemicals is not a improvement.

Edited by 9LivesCatFood

27 minutes ago, TRZ said:

the new ff is not more balanced. lol. and i am not mad about the vet stuff. keep it, but there should be both. i was saying its absurd that theres not one official map on the ladder. doesnt that seem ridiculous to u? as for my personal life, thats all information ive freely given you, and poked at myself for, how do u think that effects me HAHA. the debate wasnt over the right way to expand anywhere, there is no right way. the point was about removing patches of tiberium and changing a map that was fine for 20 years. 

black was just making up arguments to himself, i never said anything about a proper way to expand or terrace only. i said there should be OFFICIAL maps on the ladder, because there isnt a single one. and that i personally think the map pool is trash

black is a nobody on this game. u go back 15 years ull find my name included in every top 10 list, and playing with the best players head to head. meanwhile he follows me around looking to pickup my poop n sniff it

If you'd like to have a discussion delving away from all the drama, I challenge you to give even a single example with explanation on how stock forest fires is superior to the remastered version.

20 minutes ago, 9LivesCatFood said:

I dont know I think Tiberian Sun was held back when they reverted FIXED GLOBAL unit behavior to make mammy carryall droppers happy. And no adding giant blobs of tiberium on official maps and unlimited weed surrounded by a halfassed train track so nod can spam nonstop chemicals is not a improvement.

I agree that the weeds need to be removed. Our original argument was that getting and maintaining a weed factory was so difficult to do in the first place in a competitive game that it wouldn't make that big of a difference. But the reason (I believe) that so many stock maps are devoid of weeds is because the GDI drop pods weren't added until Firestorm which was intended as the counter to weed missles. To put it frankly, if you are in a position that you are getting hit by weed missles then the game is already over and you are being toyd with. But be that as it  may, it's still an unfair advantage.

In all the games I've played on the remastered forest fires I have only encountered 1 or 2 games where I was hit with weed missiles that wasn't a squash game with non balanced teams.

What added giant blobs of tib are you referring to? It's pretty clear with the Firestorm expansion that it was the intention of the devs moving forward to add maps that had a larger supply of Tiberium and to be more fair/symetrical/balanced. This is also evident in every other game the devs made moving forward. But I don't believe we added any unreasonable amount of tib anywhere? Only increased patch sizes in spots that weren't equal to what their opposite spot had. And moved some patches from one part of the map to the other to discourage expand failures and correct harvester pathing. And we changed the blue tiberium to be true blue tib since for some reason the blue tib on the stock version had green tib value.

Edited by Black

go back to trying to freewin on the ladder and just hush. the poll clearly is bending toward exactly my opinion. add both vet/non vet (which  i voted for ) and 25% or no mods. im sorry the majority agrees.

i have the benefit of being a far better player with a far better understanding of this game than u. its ok ;[

15 minutes ago, TRZ said:

go back to trying to freewin on the ladder and just hush. the poll clearly is bending toward exactly my opinion. add both vet/non vet (which  i voted for ) and 25% or no mods. im sorry the majority agrees.

i have the benefit of being a far better player with a far better understanding of this game than u. its ok ;[

Everything you said in this post is demonstrable BS. And you are trying to argue that a poll that has a double majority against your opinion is somehow showing a majority and trend towards your opinion. If this isn't evidence that you need to stop everything your doing in your life and get professional help I don't know what is.

I voted for 25% mod but that doesn't even make sense.. CNCnet only has 3 mods that are played and theyre already on the map list. giants/bbg/gso.. theres no need to add pointless mods beyond that just to make it 25%. But I know you are considering the vet maps as mod because your delusional and refuse to acknowledge facts and definitions. You don't understand that you are the only person that voted that is voting with the mind set of considering the vet maps as mod maps rather than game patch maps.

Sick of you

Edited by Black