Ladder Map Pool Changes

KHANIVORE

Ladder Map Pool Changes  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Original Terrace or Vet Terrace?

2. 2. How many mod maps?

This poll is closed to new votes

you guys have not  1 official map on your ladder, just a bunch of shitty mod maps.

lolol

put the originals on and get rid of that trash.

Adin Edit: Please vote on the maps types you would like to see in the ladder.

Edited by dkeeton

i dunno who was finally put in charge of this stuff but u got all modified maps that were designed and took  away stuff that was on ts for 20 years. moved tiberium around, changed spots....made the maps ridiculous, and uve included them on the ladder, but none of the official maps that were played and tested true for 20 years. on top of that uve taken away the ability to even choose your own maps and forced people to play these dumb maps....

gj

what geniuses sat around and said lets get rid of all official maps on the competitive ladder and add mod maps, which nobody really even knows whats been modified. and lets make it so u can only reject a handful of these pathetic maps ..... smart idea gentlemen...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

All originals would be a novel idea... 

Whack a couple of mods in for them types of people... 

Now you choose the maps you don't want to play from the choices given instead of choosing the map you want to play... but it's good addition because otherwise people just gonna play tezz mostly..  least it mixes it up a little 

• Like 1

I am curious as to whom decided what maps should be put on the ladder, because .... Giants.... vet maps.... christ. As much as i abhor mods, if they're at least fair to both factions I can sympathize.... but nod isn't even touchable on giants for anybody who actually knows what they're doing.... what an awful idea.

• Like 1

Might as well put both Terraces (dunno why so many people are voting for vet) I dont even know wtf the changes are to these vet maps. now we are at version 2.432424 w/e can u guys list the changes? 

and put all the original maps back *with glitch fixes not mods* the air fix, exp fixes are fine those just fix glitches.

get rid of the other trash, and you should be able to reject as many maps as u want. imo. i have to choose some of these shit maps atm because i cant reject them -_- end up playing ridiculous trash

also who is in charge of the ladder and fixing things? somehow a game got counted where i wasnt even on...and lasted only a few seconds, and counted as a loss. lol. wasnt even on the game, and it shows me losing to someone after barely any time. incredibly fishy

Vet Patch notes/changes must eventually become more transparent. finding the discord is no easy task...and fundamental changes to the game need to be provided to the community. we need a CHANGELOG. if this is to be the future of TS the community should be informed. i am not opposed to this as long as the information is readily available and some amount of criticism is accepted from the community and used to further the direction of the game.

• Like 1

Well honestly who chose these maps? A river runs near it? Lol? There are literally way better 1v1 maps from the official maps pool. Area 51? trash. The Pit? Trash. Some edited noob version of forest fires? Trash. Who did this shit.

How about the following idea:

We let the top 10 ladder players create a list of 10 or 20 maps and that's what we're going to use next month?

Those guys played a lot and seem to have the needed interest for the ladder. Some of the names are smurfs though, so I don't know how we hanlde those :P

Rank #1
Black

Rank #2
ItsMeWuss

Rank #3
hyena

Rank #4
Dayseven

Rank #5
Trigger

Rank #6
TRZsCousin

Rank #7
Jumpstar

Rank #8
rob120779

Rank #9
c0rpsmakr

Rank #10
A3H-Hitman

Each top 10 player will name 3 maps maybe? If you got 2 names in the top 10, don't post twice...

The mere fact that there are 0, repeat 0 official maps on the ladder doesnt seem ridiculous to you? 

Terrace

Forest Firest

Grand Canyon

Tunnel Training

Pentagram

Tiberium Garden Redux

Night of The Mutants

"Seismiuc" before the name change to crater? -_-

Etc all maps that were played competitively for 20 + years.

They really put some of these official maps up edited to shit, and removed tiberium from spots etc.? LOL

Edited by TRZ

1 minute ago, TRZ said:

The mere fact that there are 0, repeat 0 official maps on the ladder doesnt seem ridiculous to you? 

Terrace

Forest Firest

Grand Canyon

Tunnel Training

Pentagram

Tiberium Garden Redux

Night of The Mutants

"Crater" before the name change

Etc all maps that were played competitively for 20 + years. 

They really put some of these official maps up edited to shit, and removed tiberium from spots etc.? LOL

There is a reason that people only played terrace and it's because all of the other maps are more imbalanced and they suck for 1v1.

2 minutes ago, dkeeton said:

There is a reason that people only played terrace and it's because all of the other maps are more imbalanced and they suck for 1v1.

Definitely not the reason. Terrace is highly imbalanced itself, but it's one of the few maps that allows for short-game and long-game play, and doesn't limit what tactics can be used, as well as having a great amount of tiberium and no map hazards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRZ said:

Forest Firest

Grand Canyon

Tunnel Training

Pentagram

Tiberium Garden Redux

Night of The Mutants

"Seismiuc" before the name change to crater? -_-

What are your top 5 maps other than terrace that you want to see in the Ladder? We'll ask the other top 10 players what they want too.

Here is a list of maps https://pastebin.com/raw/Ei8iEbiA

1 hour ago, c0rpsmakr said:

Definitely not the reason. Terrace is highly imbalanced itself, but it's one of the few maps that allows for short-game and long-game play, and doesn't limit what tactics can be used, as well as having a great amount of tiberium and no map hazards.

Can you make a list of the 5 maps other than Terrace that you want to see in the ladder?

Edited by dkeeton

18 minutes ago, c0rpsmakr said:

forest fires, pit or plateau, river runs near it, tunnel training, tib forest 

2 hours ago, TRZ said:

I would say Forest Fires, Tunnel Training, Grand Canyon, Seismic (CRATER), and Tib Garden Redux

Do you guys have specific spawn locations that any of those maps should use? The options we have are random diagonal (standard xwis/wol) or we can specify the spawn locations that the players will spawn into.

It is important to recognize that the reason that the thread starter has a problem with the vet patch is a personal problem with the person who created it.

I believe that all modified maps should be allowed but be able to be rejected.

Vet Map does not = Mod map

Add more approved maps such as seaside, Tiberium forest, Tunnel Training, The other Firestorm 2 player maps, etc.

Figure out some way to make player activity viewable on the main client. The separate client is the biggest reason the whole project is so ignored. Why Can't QM games show up on the main game channel list and be joined from there?

A lot of the maps TRZ listed he is just listing out of ego. He doesn't actually know these maps because if he did he would understand how wholly unbalanced and garbage they are. The over all map could be used if someone took the time to erase all the tiberium and redistribute it in a way that makes sense (this goes for most maps and would be a good project for some of the modder weirdos like humble/holland).

furthermore, need to figure out a solution to people making multiple accounts on the ladder.

Edited by Black

6 hours ago, NOOB2 said:

Vet Patch notes/changes must eventually become more transparent. finding the discord is no easy task...and fundamental changes to the game need to be provided to the community. we need a CHANGELOG. if this is to be the future of TS the community should be informed. i am not opposed to this as long as the information is readily available and some amount of criticism is accepted from the community and used to further the direction of the game.

Excellent  point, but god forbid the TS community be allowed to have its own private forum/discord and have it be advertised by the main client. Egos would be on fire. I know how hard it would be to add an auto message into the chat lobby every time someone logs in giving a link to it.