The noble Atreides, the insidious Ordos and the evil Harkonnen. Only one house will prevail.... This forum is for the discussion of Intelligent Games' C&C inspired recreation of Westwood Studios' Dune 2.
Hello again. I've updated the Super Deluxe Arena from version 2 to version 3. Here's what I've changed:
Bugfixes and performance improvements:
- Fixed a bug, where a player would disconnect whenever his fortress got destroyed.
- Fixed a bug, where the bottom right player would not get bonus drones anymore, whenever he got buildings with a medium respawn delay (hospital, machine shop, iron curtain, genetic mutator, tesla&prism, psitowers)
- Fixed a bug, where units would still spawn after a player disconnects or ragequits leaves the game
- Reduced the amount of debris Kirovs and Disks would emit after dying to 0. If a player had a large army of them the game would lag extremely if he died.
- I replaced the nuclear reactor with three modded power plants instead. Each power plant gives 2k of power and has twice the normal health. It's a bit fairer and also prevents players to sneak up with seals that easily, as the explosion would destroy the wall around the fortress
- The fortress' health got reduced by 33%, as it was extremely tough to break.
- All unlock timers got reduced to 7 ingame minutes, except the first one (better infantry), which is a bit longer now.
- Slightly changed a few spawn numbers (more dogs, less modded units, less terrorists).
- Changed the terrorist in a way, so he's a bit more viable.
- Flak Cannons and Patriot Missiles have a much higher rate of fire now, so the AA-Bonus is actually worth it
- Covid Cougher's (=mummies) armor reduced by 50%. Upon death they will drop a poison cloud now.
- Prismarines (=Arnolds) move slightly slower now. Armor has been slightly reduced. You only spawn 2 of them now (instead of 3).
- Superbears armor slightly reduced, but movement speed has been increased even further.
- Added a nice effect, where all colored lights of one side would go out whenever a player dies.
- Added a few more sandbags for visual purposes to the fortresses.
- Added the fanciest map preview you'll ever witness.