What it is to grow old?

amokk

Black, do you know what it is to grow old?

I did learn the basics, got better, and in my late 50's,  won the tournament.

I can assure you,   I do know what it is to do that.   Whether or not you can understand it

If you're lucky enough to get old, Black, someone might do this to you.

I'll leave this out here for all to see.

(6) [08:49 PM] * Ninja has joined the game lobby (Ninja TeamKong Black) [Canada]
(6) [08:49 PM] <amokk> hi
(6) [08:50 PM] <Ninja> looks like the worst map ever created
(6) [08:50 PM] <amokk> it is
(6) [08:50 PM] <Ninja> why dont you play normal maps?
(6) [08:50 PM] <Ninja> youll have more fun after you figure out the basics
(6) [08:50 PM] <amokk> what's normal?
(6) [08:50 PM] <amokk> and i figured  out the basics 20 years ago
(6) [08:50 PM] <Ninja> the ones that aren't modified to be abnormal
(6) [08:50 PM] <amokk> igor dropped that one
(6) [08:51 PM] <Ninja> i understand you think that, and i didn't mean to be insulting by suggesting that your clueless
(6) [08:51 PM] <Ninja> but
(6) [08:51 PM] <amokk> i hear you, just past that..
(6) [08:51 PM] <Ninja> compared to even a moderate player
(6) [08:51 PM] <amokk> long time ago
(6) [08:51 PM] <Ninja> your offense is bad, your defense is bad, your economy managemnet is bad, your strategy is bad
(6) [08:52 PM] <Ninja> so why dont you take the time to learn past the basics
(6) [08:52 PM] <Ninja> the game is a lot more fun
(6) [08:52 PM] <Ninja> when you play it the way it was intended
(6) [08:52 PM] <amokk> i did
(6) [08:52 PM] <amokk> and I am past that
(6) [08:52 PM] <Ninja> The reason I can't accept what your saying
(6) [08:52 PM] <amokk> can I just do what is fun?

(6) [08:52 PM] <Ninja> is that if you did it in the past
(6) [08:52 PM] <Ninja> you would be able to to it currently             

(6) [08:53 PM] <Ninja> like riding a bike
(6) [08:53 PM] <Ninja> I'm glad your having fun
(6) [08:53 PM] <Ninja> I'm just trying to tell you how much MORE fun it is to get better
(6) [08:53 PM] <amokk> i'm in my 70's, i can barely chew
(6) [08:53 PM] <Ninja> and play competative maps
(6) [08:53 PM] <amokk> you think im 17 stiill?
(6) [08:53 PM] <Ninja> bahahahhahahahaha
(6) [08:53 PM] <Ninja> i donno
(6) [08:53 PM] <Ninja> what does that mean? just give up?
(6) [08:54 PM] <amokk> god damn take your big dick  outta here
(6) [08:54 PM] <Ninja> :(
(6) [08:54 PM] <amokk> it means i play for fun and tolerate your mouth
(6) [08:54 PM] <Ninja> im not trying to be mean
(6) [08:54 PM] <Ninja> even though its hard to say it in a way that doesnt sound mean
(6) [08:54 PM] <ThaiLLesT> yes u are
(6) [08:54 PM] <amokk> you are wildly inappropriate
(6) [08:54 PM] <Ninja> I'm just trying to help
(6) [08:55 PM] <Ninja> cuz u play a lot
(6) [08:55 PM] <Ninja> and it would be nice to have more players that are a challenge
(6) [08:55 PM] <amokk> i know prob 140,000 games so far
(6) [08:55 PM] <Ninja> its worse to be experianced and still bad than it is to be inexperianced and bad
(6) [08:55 PM] <amokk> unless i get younger that not gonna happen

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Check 1

Black is an elite player, but he is too greedy sometimes ;). We play for fun, black; without fun: What would be the purpose of a game? Of course, if you pro, you are hungry for wins, you want competition - i know that from TD. And a bit shit talk against noobs is fun, sometimes, too xD. But at the end, you want fun too.

And dont forget Black: You are a boss in mod maps, too. Mod maps are great too! Why is the intention of someone important for the work he did? The intention of Bach or Monteverdi was maybe different to the notes they wrote - but only the sound of the notes, made in a unique way by a choir or an orchestra, in the ears and the feelings in the heart of the one, who hears the music, make the result - and whether its good or bad, appropriate or inapproriate, is not to be decided by the intention of the master of the music, but by the question of what is good or bad - and this question will always be decided by the intention of the greatest of all masters - the highest logos, the highest platonic Idea, God: And he wants us to have fun, thats the purpose of our creation.

Edited by OnePostPony
  • Like 1

Black, I see your desire for better players and play by us.

I was in my prime to play competitively more than 50 years ago.....

15 or so years ago I won the tournament. more than 35 years past it..........

I spent 6 months playing with you guys to prepare. What a shitty abusive environment. I don't miss it

now I enjoy something different that that competitive niche you enjoy.

I suspect that competitive niche is not exclusively 

(6) [08:52 PM] <Ninja> the game is a lot more fun
(6) [08:52 PM] <Ninja> when you play it the way it was intended

what they intended. 

Sounds like they intended for us to make our own maps..

Thank you Westwood for the included map editor so we can make what is fun for us out of it.

Most of us don't worship terrace on the altar. and smite those who don't accept it as the one true map!

when one of my ts discs became so scratched I had to buy a new one (I bought it 4 times), I blasted it with a shotgun, PULL!

that was fun with TS that the developers probably never thought of. but it was fun!

Come out of your bubble. It's a big world out here. Full of people that enjoy something different than you.

Edited by amokk
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, amokk said:

Glory days, well, they'll pass you by......

After watching that video I take back everything I said. Clearly you are old school elite, know all there is to know, you are perfect and nothing can ever be beyond you. There’s nothing left to learn or experience. Everything has already been discovered. 

15 hours ago, OnePostPony said:

Black is an elite player, but he is too greedy sometimes ;). We play for fun, black; without fun: What would be the purpose of a game? Of course, if you pro, you are hungry for wins, you want competition - i know that from TD. And a bit shit talk against noobs is fun, sometimes, too xD. But at the end, you want fun too.

And dont forget Black: You are a boss in mod maps, too. Mod maps are great too! Why is the intention of someone important for the work he did? The intention of Bach or Monteverdi was maybe different to the notes they wrote - but only the sound of the notes, made in a unique way by a choir or an orchestra, in the ears and the feelings in the heart of the one, who hears the music, make the result - and whether its good or bad, appropriate or inapproriate, is not to be decided by the intention of the master of the music, but by the question of what is good or bad - and this question will always be decided by the intention of the greatest of all masters - the highest logos, the highest platonic Idea, God: And he wants us to have fun, thats the purpose of our creation.

Didn’t read

• Haha 1

Black's fun.  Based on Logan's run.

The story of a society of Tiberian Sun players that, when you start slopping  to casual fun play from  ultra competitive play...it's Carousel !

And the the search for Amokk, who, after escaping, continues to play 50 years later.  The religious officials who are threatened by his embrace of casual play

relentlessly search to no avail. Amokk, who is aged and decrepit,  still enjoys playing and welcomes everyone, even those who run.  Unable to find him, the competitive players deride Amokk, not realizing that they to will grow old, and unable to play as well.

Heard that story before?

7 hours ago, Black said:

After watching that video I take back everything I said. Clearly you are old school elite, know all there is to know, you are perfect and nothing can ever be beyond you. There’s nothing left to learn or experience. Everything has already been discovered. 

Wow thanks,    to me it was just the most fun game I have ever played. I am so lucky to have recorded it! 

Your experienced and perceptive eye brilliantly observed everything except that I did not give him shit for not being better.  

More like I was an old school casual player who poked all your eyes out one month because I got tired of your shit talking, then went back to casual play .

I hope that at some point you learn not to bother people so much. I have been happy playing as I am.

I have had a lifetime of learning and experiences, and  hopefully you will learn and discover that at this age I do not care about getting 'better' again. I wish to spend my precious time and energy in a casual, fun, non-corrosive or vitriolic, game with people that are pleasant. You can suit yourself.

I learned and experienced more than 70 years of people    '(6) [08:54 PM] <Ninja> I'm just trying to help'    in a a-hole way. you the hundred thousandth one I have met.  and not the last I am sure.

So understand I do not care for your elitist garbage, and like I said before, you will get old or dead. Either way you will play worse than me one day because of it. 

I took all your names in my late 50's, suck on that.

Edited by amokk

On 10/10/2019 at 9:24 AM, amokk said:

Time to die.

Nonsense!

Go get new hobby's.
That is what I did (not just gaming).

And if a game starts to get boring.
Try to give yourself new limits.

That is just some advice, do as you will.

It's a joke, not that there aren't, but if.   black in his post sarcastically offered that that were the case.  :)

I'm old and I still hope for 500 more years to do all i want to do in this world!

Just started 3d printing, and learning my cad.....

doom.jpg

Edited by amokk
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 1:55 PM, KHANIVORE said:

lol. play the game my way or its impossible for u to have fun!!!! what a joke. guys whackadoodle in the head 

KKKkkkkkkhhhhhhhhhhAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by amokk

• 2 months later...

Hey I saw your topic and I feel the same way. I was wondering if you like to play custom maps and just have fun if you want. I'm 25 years old and I don't like to be competitive because a lot of players choose to be that way but I love Tiberian Sun in a immersive way but if you need someone to play custom maps I'll hop on sometime and you can msg me here or on discord if you can find me. take care old timer and keep having fun commander!

• Like 1

(29) [16:21] * HESBACK has joined the game lobby (Picard Arm1 Bradley...) [United Kingdom]
(29) [16:21] <b5k7> hi
(29) [16:21] <HESBACK> what maps this
(29) [16:22] <b5k7> its a visc map
(29) [16:22] <HESBACK> yawn
(29) [16:22] * HESBACK suggested a map: Redemption[Ally][Vet.2.46] map://44106308dd039eb071fb8fe4ca07ea31eca8c732
(29) [16:22] <HESBACK> i just find these annoying
(29) [16:22] <HESBACK> doesnt show skill just adds annoyance
(29) [16:22] <HESBACK> no such thing on the real tournaments and game etc
(29) [16:22] <HESBACK> made up
(29) [16:23] <HESBACK> look at that map
(29) [16:23] <HESBACK> if u like we play
(29) [16:23] <HESBACK> if not
(29) [16:23] <HESBACK> i go
(29) [16:23] <b5k7> make ur mind
(29) [16:23] <HESBACK> just sort of said " my mind " but clearly your a fucking spastic
(29) [16:23] * HESBACK has left the game lobby

I've been thinking about this quite a lot recently...

I started playing TS in 1999, and then FS when it came out. I was at my peak of gaming competitiveness long before any of your here even started playing TS/FS -- long before some of you here were even born! 

What I never realised, and wish I'd known earlier, was how much TS was having a negative impact on my mental health. Thankfully, I gave up playing a long time ago, and don't ever see myself coming back. However, I do still like to frequent the forums and see what's going on. I see all the same old faces on here. Hope everyone is well!

Anyway, I've been quite busy since leaving TS. A few years ago I published a YA novel. I also recently passed my thesis, so I guess you can all now call me Dr Mole. I've even appeared on TV and radio! :D

If there's one thing I want to share with you, it's this: don't take TS too seriously -- life's way too short. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...