Can CnCNet Switch To The Tiberian Sun Client?

9LivesCatFood

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah ts client is great, its made so anyone can make their own modded ts version. U can just tell yoir friends to use that one instead and play online on ts client. But yeah everyone is on cncnet client. And they're basically the same, but cncnet is very well made by funky to avoid cheating. Ts client can be edited very easily and even add checkboxes and such. But funky is not gonna change his client so he aint gonna respond. Everyone is discussing this for years... it is how it is and its pretty good tho lol, people just prefer cncnet

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It has nice features but lacks tons of glitch fixes and anti cheat coding etc. 

it might be easier to ask funky to consider implementing some of the features into his client. 

Edited by Humble

13 hours ago, Humble said:

It has nice features but lacks tons of glitch fixes and anti cheat coding etc. 

it might be easier to ask funky to consider implementing some of the features into his client. 

Or maybe @FunkyFr3sh and @Rampastring can coordinate to have the glitch fixes/ anti-cheat features implemented in the DTA client.

I am not sure how all this is done for RA2, but I am sure that with enough dedication, the same can be done with TS.

RIght now, I use Rampa's client for SP and Funky's client for MP. It would be awesome to have one client for both SP and MP.

Each client has a different target audience, I personally don't do mods and always played with the ones that dislike mods and prefer the original game hence why my client isn't very moddable, this is intentional to ensure no one is cheating. 

Rampa doesn't play the original games, he's working on mods instead and that's why his main focus lies on adding features for mods.

You would need a closed source build of rampas client to be able to have similar anti-cheat and you also would need to remove a lot of the modding features (e.g. custom game options that modify the maps etc) but then modders would be left with the same you get in my client :P