YR Version 7.7 Patch Failed - Too Many Retries / Non-matching Identifier

Tarelion

Question

New forum member here, so please forgive me if I don't provide all the information needed on the first go-around here.

I recently purchased Command and Conquer the Ultimate Collection from EA, installed Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge (and turned off the Origin overlay). I then downloaded and installed the CNCNet installer for YR, all of which went fine. When I open the CNCNet YR launcher, the menu screen comes up fine, and it says version 7.7 is available, so I tell it to go ahead and patch. It downloads a bunch of files, but when it gets to "Maps\Yuri's Revenge\xmp20mw.map", it fails with the message in the attached screenshot.

I've tried the following things so far, to no avail:

1. Going to Options -> Updater -> Force Update
  2. Renaming the .map file it's trying to download (it already exists in my YR maps directory) to something else so it hopefully wouldn't conflict when computing checksums.
  3. Uninstalling and re-installing the CNCNet YR program.

I've also attached my logs, in case those help. I'm really at a loss here as to what to try next, honestly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

patch.png

client.log

1 answer to this question

Answering my own question. My problem was due to using a combination of OpenDNS and CovenantEyes as accountability filters, and I think they were fighting with each other. Tweaked the configuration to just use CovenantEyes and not OpenDNS, and now the update works.