Psychic Beacon, Final Alert 2.

iMNaSTy

Hello.

Is it possible to make the Psychic Beacon working (Mind controlling) on a map using Final Alert 2 ?

Like do i have to create a Trigger or something ?.

When i double click on the Psychic beacon it shows me some options but seems like what i'm looking for is not there.

Thanks in advance for any help

Screenshot_1.png
(Image from Red Revolution by iMNaSTy V1.0 map)

Edited by iMNaSTy

Please descibe how you see the way of working. Instant capture the whole enemy side or capture some units one-by-one? Or instant mind control groups? Should it have some limits for mind control range/number of units? Should it be power-off dependant? Should it fly and launch nuclear missiles? etc...

• Check 1

8 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

Please descibe how you see the way of working. Instant capture the whole enemy side or capture some units one-by-one? Or instant mind control groups? Should it have some limits for mind control range/number of units? Should it be power-off dependant? Should it fly and launch nuclear missiles? etc...

Thank you for the response! I would like to make the Psychic Beacon behave like a ''Psychic Tower'' but with let's say 3 times it's radius which can mindcontrol it's enemy units 2 times faster compared to Psychic Tower (and maybe also with air units included if possible). 

Edited by iMNaSTy

Open your map file with notepad or a code editor like Visual Studio Code.

Copy the following INI code into your map and save.

[NAPSYB]
Primary=MultipleMindControlTower

[MultipleMindControlTower]
Damage=24     ;3      ;Number of units to mind control
ROF=60         ;100 ;Speed of mind controlling
Range=21    ;7      ;Range of the Mind Control

[PsychicControl]
AA=yes ;Can it fire on air based targets
AG=yes ;Can it fire on ground based targets
AN=yes ;Can it fire on naval based targets
AS=yes ;Can it fire on submereged based targets

Edited by [CC] RaVaGe
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, [CC] RaVaGe said:

Thank you very much! Exactly what i needed. Much appreciated for this as it was something i wanted to add to my maps since long time ?

Edited by iMNaSTy

12 hours ago, [CC] RaVaGe said:

May i also ask as last few more things which i struggle with and would be very happy if i could manage to do the following:

1. When i set vehicles/infantry for the enemy on a specific location. No matter if i set their options to '' Sleep'' ''Stop'' ''Guard'' ''Area Guard'' when ever the game starts as soon as the enemy base deploys it's MCV it takes all the ground units which i put to specific locations to stand still and moves them to the deployed MCV automatically. I tried to read every trigger in FA2 to stop that from happening but can't find a way. 

2. How can i give any building or unit more health ?

3. And as last if i remember Ra2/YR has actually more base/unit colors like Black, Dark brown etc which i ever changed in rulesmd.ini long time ago. Is there also a way to do that in FA2 or by editing the .map through notepad ?

These were some questions i tried to find the answer for by my self but no luck. Any information about these will make me thankful even more.

Edited by iMNaSTy

the grouping action when an mcv is deployed in multiplay is actually hardcoded.
its not possible to change the faction colors in a multiplay map file for whatever reason.
you cant give something more than 100% health.

• Check 2

4 hours ago, iMNaSTy said:

May i also ask as last few more things which i struggle with and would be very happy if i could manage to do the following:

1. When i set vehicles/infantry for the enemy on a specific location. No matter if i set their options to '' Sleep'' ''Stop'' ''Guard'' ''Area Guard'' when ever the game starts as soon as the enemy base deploys it's MCV it takes all the ground units which i put to specific locations to stand still and moves them to the deployed MCV automatically. I tried to read every trigger in FA2 to stop that from happening but can't find a way. 

3. And as last if i remember Ra2/YR has actually more base/unit colors like Black, Dark brown etc which i ever changed in rulesmd.ini long time ago. Is there also a way to do that in FA2 or by editing the .map through notepad ?

These were some questions i tried to find the answer for by my self but no luck. Any information about these will make me thankful even more.

@iMNaSTy 

1. Possible, but pretty complicated.

2. If you just want to make some unit or a building having more HP, increase it's "Strength" value. This will increase health of all buildings/units of this type.

https://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Strength

If you want to change damage dealth to this structure, you can change armor. See armor system: https://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Armor

If you want to have some particular building to have more strength than other structures of this type placed on the map you need to clone this building and increase "Strength" value for clone. Actually it will be the other building with bigger strength but looks alike original ones.

Open rulesmd.ini and copy the code of original building. Google YR how to add new building tutorial. I think you can find it in this forum aswell.

RulesMD.rar for YR 1.001

3. @McPwny answered.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McPwny said:

the grouping action when an mcv is deployed in multiplay is actually hardcoded.
its not possible to change the faction colors in a multiplay map file for whatever reason.
you cant give something more than 100% health.

Understood i wish it was possible to add more colors but anyway,

Edit: I managed to make enemy units at specific locations to stand still with building rocks around the 'enemy' MCV starting waypoint. (Since the map i'm working at already gives another MCV to the same country i didn't have to try to give it another MCV. But i guess this trick did the trick :).

2 hours ago, cypher said:

health is strengh afair ... so f.e. [YURI] strength=200

Yes i think i ment Strength by health. Because i've seen various maps witch as example included oil derricks which took much more hits than regular to get destroyed. However i checked the .map file i'm working at (upgrading), in notepad which is actually '' Red Revolution by Flyingz '' a single player mission converted to MP. And i can't find all the specific buildings details. For example when i '' ctrl + f '' in notepad it can't find anything called '' (Kremlin). I guess it's a thing of this hardcoded map

Edited by iMNaSTy

all the stats are loaded by the native rulesmd file. If you want to overwrite sth from there you just put it in your map and it will overwrite the things you typed in, so f.e. you can search for kremlin building in rulesmd copy paste it into your mapfile and change stats. if you want to get the name of the building there is a tooltip in final alert when you select a building (i think it's bottom left).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iMNaSTy said:

i checked the .map file i'm working at (upgrading), in notepad which is actually '' Red Revolution by Flyingz ''

FlyingZ doesn't like when someone touches his maps without his permission.

Have some respect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The colour black can be obtained by using NeonBlue or NeonGreen, but it's rarely used as the player text displays in the same colour, so you can't read a thing. Ive only used it on houses that don't have superweapons or player control. --- so very rarely.

• Check 1

2 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

FlyingZ doesn't like when someone touches his maps without his permission.

Have some respect.

I did already give him credits in a text popup at beginning of the map. And after seeing a text from Flyingz on a page saying '' Do not edit this map lazy noobs '' I do promise that this is the first and last time ?. And i've just done too much to just give up now. I'm gonna pray that Flyingz won't sent his Apocalypses on me after this.?

Edited by iMNaSTy

1 hour ago, cypher said:

all the stats are loaded by the native rulesmd file. If you want to overwrite sth from there you just put it in your map and it will overwrite the things you typed in, so f.e. you can search for kremlin building in rulesmd copy paste it into your mapfile and change stats. if you want to get the name of the building there is a tooltip in final alert when you select a building (i think it's bottom left).

Thank you for this awsome suggestion. I'm surely gonna check that out.

On 6/4/2021 at 12:36 PM, iMNaSTy said:

Find any Unit's or Structure's tag and add the strength amount to it.

[NAME]
Strength=125 ;This is the health value

The text after a semi-colon is a comment, you can add notes to your INI like that.
Just use the rulesmd.ini for reference.
rulesmd.ini

You can try to edit colours by adding these to your map.

; ******* Color Schemes *******
; Each country must be assigned a color. This lists the various
; colors available. The values represent the 'hue', 'saturation',
; and 'value'. The 'value' component specifies the maximum brightness
; allowed for the color as the color spread is generated. The 'hue'
; component remains constant. The 'saturation' curves through color
; space as the 'value' component changes such that darker colors
; become more saturated.

; PCG; Added the REAL colors these labels map onto over to the right.
; To anyone who might modify this -- please keep it up to date!
[Colors]
LightGold=25,255,255        ; 0             Orange
Gold=43,239,255  ;41,240,230; 1   MP        Bright Yellow;Yellow
LightGrey=0,0,240           ; 2             White
Grey=0,0,131                ; 3             Grey
Red=20,255,184              ; 4             Brown
DarkRed=0,230,255           ; 5   MP        Red
Orange=25,230,255           ; 6   MP        Orange
Magenta=221,102,255         ; 7   MP        Pink
Purple=201,201,189          ; 8   MP        Purple
LightBlue=119,143,255       ; 9             Aqua
DarkBlue=153,214,212        ; 10  MP        Blue
NeonBlue=185,156,238        ; 11            Violet
DarkSky=131,200,230         ; 12  MP        Periwinkle (i.e. aquaish)
Green=104,241,195           ; 13            Bathroom green
DarkGreen=81,200,210        ; 14  MP        Light green
NeonGreen=0,0,0             ; 15            Black
Yellow=38,159,255           ; 16            Pastel yellow
Purple2=211,201,189
Purple3=191,201,189

On 6/4/2021 at 5:26 PM, iMNaSTy said:

For example when i '' ctrl + f '' in notepad it can't find anything called '' (Kremlin). I guess it's a thing of this hardcoded map

Structures have a different name in the map editor and map file.
Search for Kremlin in the rulesmd.ini file to find the game-engine name for the structure.

;Russian Kremlin Palace
[CARUS03]
Name=Russain Kremlin Palace
UIName=Name:CARUS03

As you can see here it's called CARUS03.

Edited by [CC] RaVaGe
  • Like 2

On 6/10/2021 at 1:03 PM, [CC] RaVaGe said:

Find any Unit's or Structure's tag and add the strength amount to it.

The text after a semi-colon is a comment, you can add notes to your INI like that.
Just use the rulesmd.ini for reference.
rulesmd.ini

You can try to edit colours by adding these to your map.

Structures have a different name in the map editor and map file.
Search for Kremlin in the rulesmd.ini file to find the game-engine name for the structure.

As you can see here it's called CARUS03.

Thank you!.

Edited by iMNaSTy