Adding Custom Maps to Client?

Mavirregular

I'm having trouble getting the maps to show up in the Tiberian Sun Client. From what I can understand, all I do is simply drop the map in the "custom maps" folder and select the "custom maps" game mode to play them but nothing happens when I do this. Oh and the map is in .map format.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 1:43 AM, Mavirregular said:

I'm having trouble getting the maps to show up in the Tiberian Sun Client. From what I can understand, all I do is simply drop the map in the "custom maps" folder and select the "custom maps" game mode to play them but nothing happens when I do this. Oh and the map is in .map format.

You doing it correct, the format is right and everything seems alright. If you'r using multiple Clients as example for modding, online and Campaign then check if the map is in correct folder which you already specified correctly "example: M:\Games\TiberianSun_Online\Maps\Custom\mymaphere.map"
Also if you save the map in FS (Final Sun) map editor use "Create a new preview" so its generated and could help to find your maps in Custom maps.
Least and perhaps most important - when you add and paste new map in Custom maps folder, restart client so it does show up in skirmish and/or multiplayer always! 

Edited by ????

• 1 month later...

You doing it right, the configuration is correct and everything appears to be okay. In the event that you are  involving numerous Clients as model for modding, on the web and Campaign check assuming the guide is in right envelope which you previously indicated correctly. Also in the event that you save the guide in FS (Final Sun) map editorial manager use "Make another see" so its produced and could assist with observing your guides in Custom guides.

• Confused 1