Yuri's Revenge Connection Issue: Only fix is to reinstall but after closing CNCnet, the same issue happens again and I need to reinstall again.

Athena

Question

That is a very mouthy title but I tried to sum it up.

So I got the Steam Version, before this I have not had any issues.

When trying to play through CNCNET every time I launched a match it lasted for 2 seconds before I get disconnected from the other players.

Only reinstalling CNCNET didn't work. But when I reinstalled RA2 first and then CNCNET I could join and play games. Yet if I close CNCNET and start it again later I have the same exact problem again. So if I want to play I need to repeatedly reinstall the game.

Been playing YR and Mental Omega through CNCNET before without this problem. Had some issues that was resolved by tunnel but it doesn't work with this issue and I am not exactly sure what to do. I kinda don't want to have to reinstall everything if I want to play a quick match.

So summary.

I get disconnection issues, they can be resolved by reinstalling first Red Alert 2 and then CNCNET. I now use Steam RA2. I can play matches until I turn off CNCNET. When I turn CNCNET on again its the same issue and I have to reinstall to play again. Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Athena

1 answer to this question

Hey there.

Sorry I don't quite follow what you're saying.

When you say "I can play matches until I Turn off CnCNet", do you mean that you're playing launching the base game via Steam?