C3N live match applications

Plokite_Wolf

c3nofficial-channel_header_image-0ffeabed29fc6190-640x125.png

For those of you who haven't seen the thread about C3N on the CNCNZ.com forums, C3N will be a livestream channel that brings you news, mod reviews, interviews and live matches with the stress on older C&C titles.

With this in mind, I've decided to ask everyone here, at the home of CnCNet, if anyone is willing to play the following games on December 14th and let it be broadcasted live:

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn (1.06c rev3 + CnCNet)

Command & Conquer: Red Alert - The Aftermath (3.03 + CnCNet)

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun OR Firestorm (2.03 + CnCNet)

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 OR Yuri's Revenge (1.006/1.001 + Gameranger OR XWIS)

Command & Conquer: Generals OR Zero Hour (1.08/1.04 + Gameranger)

Newer games are currently not supported due to technical reasons, but that doesn't mean they won't be featured in the future!

See you on the battlefield, commanders and comrades!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

around 98% of RA1 players play RA1 online without Aftermath as the Aftermath makes build speed slower. Just in case you weren't aware of this before.

Good luck btw, I'm interested in seeing the end result!

I wasn't, but it wouldn't be much of an attraction to see a 3-minute match with Mammoths in the first 30 seconds, would it? ;)

Well anyway I patched the game yesterday so if a new rules.ini keyword is set to 'yes' Aftermath has quick build speed, it does require everyone to run my patch plus a special rules.ini file. I haven't released the patch yet but once I'm done adding something important today I can do a release with a bunch of features unfinished (though players won't notice this).

edit: Okay I'm done adding that so if you'd like to see players play Aftermath with fast build speed just say so.

around 98% of RA1 players play RA1 online without Aftermath as the Aftermath makes build speed slower. Just in case you weren't aware of this before.

Good luck btw, I'm interested in seeing the end result!

I wasn't, but it wouldn't be much of an attraction to see a 3-minute match with Mammoths in the first 30 seconds, would it? ;)

That's not how it works; Aftermath just makes it so you can't increase your production speed after you've built two of the same production facility, i.e. you build three war factories, but the third war factory will simply serve as another drop off point for newly produced vehicles, instead of also increasing the speed at which you produce them.

I prefer Aftermath with slow build speed

requires more skill than building a snake of teslas in about 30 seconds

It doesn't work that way either.

That said, I'm most likely gonna be available for a few games of Tiberian Dawn, we'd just have to get hold of another player. If necessary, I can do some Aftermath matches too. :-)

I know what aftermath does

1st factory-type thing - 100% build speed

2nd - 150% build speed

3rd - 175% build speed

more than 3 has no extra effect

Anyways

some aftermath games would be nice, get to utilize a few of the extra units

I'm afraid Dec 14th won't be the date of the first stream. I'm now thinking Dec 21st (school issues, you know how it goes  :dry: )

So if everyone agrees, the regular and unmodified RA Aftermath will be the official choice.

I can help with operation of the stream if you need.

Plokite_Wolf, I would highly recommend allowing Tore and/or MNDakota to at least help out with your streaming of the old games that we host here. I dare say that few others in the world have bothered to put the same amount of effort into doing what they have done; peace out.

Red Alert name should be renamed to Spam Alert...

Snakes of Teslas coil...

Thousand of Heavy tanks...

Well in my opinion this is mostly caused by maps like p4. By removing any usable terrain and adding unlimited money you can make any game feel like an unlimited spam fest.

Playing small to medium sized maps with limited amounts of money will make the game a lot more fun to play :)

• 2 weeks later...

So we have Maikel and Jacko for RA1 and recoil56 and MattAttack for Tiberian Dawn. What'll we have? Vote until 15:00 GMT.

On a side note, this stream will be referred to as "Stream Zero", as time and organization weren't on my side lately, so it won't have as many sections as I originally planned.

Kind of. At first, I'll have a few minutes of other programming, then I'll tell one of the players to host, I'll join the game, surrender as a player to remain neutral and commentate on the game. Of course, the players are not allowed to have their browsers with the C3N page opened online while the game is running.

This was really cool... Hopefully we can do TD again sometime soon; at least it gets some players there :) indeed it would be nicer with the sound on and are you able to stream if you made the game resolution 1024x768? Otherwise totally bomb-ass stuff!

Oh yeah, please allow me to plug the totally awesome Map-Pack I've compiled; if this goes down in the future everyone involved should download:

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2081.0

Glad you liked it, Matt.  :) 1024x768 is a 4:3 resolution, so I forced a 720x405 as a 16:9 resolution, but my streaming software (Xsplit) is tough to work with regarding resolutions and audio.

I'd like to thank all of you who were there either by playing or watching. This couldn't have gone without you. Hope you'll be more numerous next time ;)

EDIT: Youtube channel up now, thanks to Twitch (these guys really deserve one XXXL brofist) - http://www.youtube.com/user/C3NOfficial