ive rode that the high speed has somethink to do with skill or whatever...  :S

remember ps1

the creater of C&C has setup like that (real) speed before

but here in the online mode

protest so many players against the real speed

in my eyes is the high speed absolutly unrealistic  :P

and has nothing to do with some skill....  :mad:

its just a vanillia spam speed!

..............................................................................................

another point which unrealistic and buggy is...

to ship with the battleship in a formation to be faster

and shoot easly on u-boats

ive never rode in the history

that a battleship has sunk a u-boot before lol

.............................................................................................

have a nice day @ all unrealistic & buggy fans

you guys changed the hol... Ra with that mind of high speed...

thanks

many players leave my game

because they dont know or dont like to play with the normal speed

letz say.... the same community gets C&C generals??? + and the double speed mind will setup from the leadership

im sry

but

this mind has nothing to do with skill...

it destroys normally the good old Ra1 GAMESTYLE

unbeliveable

wrong

the orginal Speed is medium

as you can see it on the ps1

you never arrive that highspeed on playstation 1 or pc with the Recommended Requirements:

Pentium 50 MHz

16 MB RAM

Windows 95

1 MB DirectX-compatible video card

so...

lets say

i Play with my i7 in the highspeed-mode a Mission

its not possible

i know there is highspeed Limit online

but

its all so to fast and not the orginal Speed of C&C

the minds with the highspeed

destroy rly the REAL GAMESTYLE of C&C

have a nice day!

The original game speed is horribly slow  :boring:

Also, game speed is independent from your CPU power unless you put it to the maximum, which actually removes all slowdowns. But no one runs that speed online anyway since the difference in speed on different PCs that way actually makes it slower because the game constantly has to adjust to keep the games synced.

you never arrive that highspeed on playstation 1 or pc with the Recommended Requirements:

Pentium 50 MHz

16 MB RAM

Windows 95

1 MB DirectX-compatible video card

Yeah but that was back in 1995/1996 - that's fairly moderate-high power of the time

of course these days that's nothing but if that was todays computer specs you probably couldn't play any game made later than 2000 (or if you could it would be like 1fps)

The game wasn't designed to increase its PC requirements as the technology improved (this isn't apple, remember)

so...

lets say

i Play with my i7 in the highspeed-mode a Mission

its not possible

Playing with MAX speed is completely impractical, especially against AI with instant reactions (with players its a bit weird but meh)

Playing on Max speed -1 (i.e. 6) is probably the most widely accepted and used speed, because it keeps the fun without going faster than the speed of light and not slower than a snail. It's not the 'original speed' (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean) but it is the one that people use.

i know there is highspeed Limit online

but

its all so to fast and not the orginal Speed of C&C

It's the same as it was before. The 'correct' speed is often determined by the opinion of the community, if everyone decided that slowest speed was the best, then that would become the norm and suddenly anything faster than that would be 'too fast'

The simple reality is you play slower than we do and we find it boring.

the minds with the highspeed

destroy rly the REAL GAMESTYLE of C&C

There is clear strategy to the Game, yes it is occasionally hidden by speed (particularly on infinite money maps, such as p4 (blegh) or on maps when you play with pros, such as ribbon)

However playing at a slow speed can massively increase your reaction time, cutting time differences between all your processes, and if someone beat you on normal speed then by default and simple logic they could probably obliterate you on a slower speed using the same strategy, because they haven't wasted as much time between building stuff and controlling units etc.

have a nice day!

Have a pleasant day, I look forward to reading your next rant about how normal speed is too fast for you.

thanks for the answers :)

yo Tore

i know

the begin needs a while

ive roll in that time a cigaret ;)

well actually is the high Speed a part for his own... same for the orginal speed

jacko you are right

on some maps maybe the spam maps (p4 etc.) or whatever makes it more fun

but the orginal Speed is a intresting speed

it Looks better

the Sound Quality (bang bang mode) is better

the battles are longer

and you can make for sure better stragety Engagements

i think many players never tried to Play online with the simpl game-Speed before

on the playstation we couldnt get that faster

and it Shows the right parts

this C&C (RA) here by playing on the high Speed-mode

is the fastes C&C online what maybe shouldnt be :/

if you Play now another part of C&C online in that high Speed of RA

then it wouldnt be the same game anymore

it has the great Option to turn up the Speed ...right

for older pc where it Comes out

by many Units on map was it slower and slower

thats why i gues was the high Speed option

jacko

all so in the orginal Speed is much to do

maybe some more...

There is clear strategy to the Game, yes it is occasionally hidden by speed (particularly on infinite money maps, such as p4 (blegh) or on maps when you play with pros, such as ribbon)

However playing at a slow speed can massively increase your reaction time, cutting time differences between all your processes, and if someone beat you on normal speed then by default and simple logic they could probably obliterate you on a slower speed using the same strategy, because they haven't wasted as much time between building stuff and controlling units etc.[/b][/u]

its completely wrong!

jacko i hope you not mean the slowest game Speed

we talk about 4-5 there you can have all these Options

the right reaction time

the right controlls

the right stragety

but never on 7

many processes are working not correct on the high speed

the right Engagements with tanks or u-boats etc. its not possible

on 7 it Ends up mostly in spam...

I already pointed out that playing speed 7 is ridiculous - although this is quite limited by online play, again already explained.

Playing speed 6 is where you SHOULD be if you want to play online with everybody else - its an appropriate speed for an RTS because theres more of the time=money an control aspect because you have to keep up

moving from speed 6 to speed 5 is often a massive slowdown and if a player is primed with speed 6 his reactions and speed get a lot better moving down even only to speed 5

If you're concerned about speed/strategy. Try out Tiberian Alert on CnCNet 5, I highly recommend it. :)

You can find that here. I think you'll like it a lot, check it out when you have the time.

Read the italic paragraph to get an idea of what it's for.

Toodles,

-Gavin

• 2 weeks later...

lol @ requesting any semblance of 'realism' in a classic C&C game. What planet are you posting from?

i think many players never tried to Play online with the simpl game-Speed before

on the playstation we couldnt get that faster

and it Shows the right parts

What. You can't compare gamespeed from the PlayStation version with the PC version. Simply put, the faster speeds aren't available on the PlayStation for the same reason that it only supports four teams in Skirmish; because the console wouldn't be able to handle anything more than the game already demands without some horrendous side-effects and/or almost immediately turning into a slow and unplayable mess.

You must have seen the slowdown that occurs on the PlayStation version during a Skirmish. Are you going to try telling us that this was intentional and that it's how the later moments of a game should be played, too?

Speed 6 generally is the normal speed because it it keeps things fun. It demands actions, reactions and observations from players at all times with potentially severe penalties for making dumb errors or losing focus, and all without the start of the game being some sort of wanking opportunity while you wait a boring eternity for an Ore Refinery to build.

That, and not everybody online has the available time for slower games.

The ps1 slowness is generally caused by units getting stuck

And too many units in general. The missions rely on scripted teams and events, etc., so the chances of the AI having to keep track of too many things moving around is very low. Skirmishes are a different beast; more than a few times, I would use a cheat device to bump the maximum starting units from 30 to 50 to match the PC version. The slowdown was amazing, for all the wrong reasons.

• 2 months later...

first sry for my english it isnt so fine...

but i wanna add somethink again

well the speed 7 is absolutly to fast its a bad speed for C&C

many people are comlaining about the orginal speed 5

because they didnt know anythink about the orginal speed of C&C

i didnt rode the massiv answers against me here

its all bullshit

and the people dont know or just think ahh the highest speed thats it

thats the profissonal speed of C&C blabla

its not true

the orginal speed is 5

and its a great gamefeelin on it

as it is on the other C&C parts :)

***k that high spam speed for spam noobs!

jacko

i gues you never played on the orginal speed before...! :ranting:

its not boring (yea you to good for that speed rofl)

its more intresting

the battles are longer the sound is more intensive

the effects plus the moving targets have a better look

and of course more tactics goes arround

but

this community push it up into a bad idea... with that high speed mind!

i dont like it because

many players leave my game for that reason

and that makes me angry

as i wrote it here for some months ago

its em... lets say... the same when you play C&C generals or another part of C&C with a double speed! :huh:

but anyway...

i wont protest here anymore that was my last post about that standart 7 vanilla pro spam speed