Unhardcoded internal (type) lists

Iran

Heli Trooper sounds awful

then again reminds me of the rocketeer from RA2

That was kind of what I was trying to do but the game keeps sending Heli Troopers back to the Helipads to reload even if they have unlimited ammo.

http://www.speedyshare.com/8hayJ/ra95crash-midgame.dmp

Mid-game crash, cause unknown (no particular action taking place, nor new unit/structure being built at the time of crashing).

Use of Name= and/or Image= will cause game crashes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TS needs a butt load of work like all of the Build*type*=, Prerequisite*type*= and the lower part of ; hack section.  While RA1 is quite nice as it is but for the AI dosn't build ships. The instant capture building was somthing I see in your RA95.exe but didn't work.

I was testing keys so I could make an updated rules.ini that had all of the new keys listed. I found a cluster of key in the RA95.exe some I know how and what they do others not so much.

; I know how these two work and have the info on what to use to make them work in maps but don't know if they work in rules as I haven't goten around to testing that yet.

Colour=

Country=

; No idea how they are used and did not try to test.

Color=           ; should work like Colour=?

SecondaryColorScheme= ; should work like Colour=?

;I tired the basic yes/no and True/False but didn't work for the Foward Comand Center [FCOM] in the rules or being placed on a building in a map.

BuildingsGetInstantlyCaptured=

NoBuildingCrew=

AllyTheNeutralHouse=

Allen: "BuildingsGetInstantlyCaptured" is about buildingS, plural, so I assume it's a general option, not a building option.

SecondaryColorScheme, if done like in C&C1 v1.06, should mean "colour to use on the buildings of this House, and on the MCV and Harvester".

SecondaryColorScheme, if done like in C&C1 v1.06, should mean "colour to use on the buildings of this House, and on the MCV and Harvester".

That is what I thought but haven't tired to mess with it yet.

BuildingsGetInstantlyCaptured= (yes/no) is a house specific option like Color= and Country=

homer-doh.jpg

Same with NoBuildingCrew= and AllyTheNeutralHouse=?

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty sure you still have to get the players to get the new .shp files.

Is there a way to make a separate mix mix file containing all the new units being added?

Also, can I make the new units purely in a map file?

(So that someone playing the mod can just download an extra .mix which wont effect their stock game, and is used when using a specific mod map)

-Liam

• 1 year later...

This code has since been added to the man CnCNet 5 ra95.exe

Just got it. And used Allen262's rules.ini as a template. But sad that you still can't edit much of the stuff (ships, planes, defensive structures, etc.). Does Iran plan to continue his work (very useful, anyway)?

Apparently SecondaryColorScheme=(# of color) doesn't work in a multiplayer map.  At least it didn't for me.

But what did work is this:

[uSSR]

Allies=Germany

[Germany]

Allies=USSR

And then I placed Russian buildings and Germany units/infantry (In a map for Red Dawn where Germany is gray) to mimic the look of Nod forces.

Apparently I was mistakened and Colour= and SecondaryColorScheme= do work through cncnet5.  I thought Secondary is for buildings when it's for changing the units independently and I got mixed up.

EDIT: But of course it only affects computer units/structures placed in the map and not AI players or human players as far as I know.