New UnitTypes flags

Iran

I don't see too many probs with changing back to Iran patched RA95.exe. Some of the ARDA logic like adding weapons, sounds the weapons can use and warheads is in the .exe. The logic for adding units (Hardcoded to act like 2TNK) is also still in the ra95-spawn.exe but I think it had probs messing up the score at the end of games and AI can't build them.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Turns out CnCnet5 uses the new EXE, so I'm free to mod as I like with the new stuff (yay).

Probably right about it messing with the AI, though if you're making a very technical mod, it's to be expected that the AI is going to struggle. (Heck, to be honest, it struggles a bit with Vanilla RA, and can't even use many of the AM units. It doesn't even make navy -.-

-Liam

I got Classic Revolution just about ported over to Net 5 yesterday (in theory, not tested). A full rebuild from stock mix files added in the Desert, Jungle and Winter. All theaters use my Terrain Expansion tilesets. Expanded version of RAED that can use Desert, Jungle and Winter as well as the stock Temperate Interior and Snow.

I have to fix the BRDM-2 AT-5 (Tank Destroyer) as it is firing at aircraft. Do a ANT frame of the BRDM-2 M/G and a Ant Hill for the Interior. The Ant Hill has been remade into a 5x5 tiles that has 4 oil spots can be placed into and won't spread out of. In the CR ANT HILL.png you see the snow ingame and next to it is the layout. Red is Rough and Green is Clear. You can place 5 oil spots but I go with up to 4 oil spots and a Oil pump in the mid.

CR_ANT_HILL.png.fe9770d46bce779446ef4ab036887356.png

red_alert-2014-08-05-10_49_25.png.62a9a5a74549ab983b48759a6fb46424.png

I've been going over in my head, just lately, if I could already move everything over, there might be a few small bits that are missing, but I'll take a closer look (just been working on a different mod lately).

1. That oil pump idea, in particular, is brilliant.

2. I think I can now just make new units, can't I? It's a turreted unit, and so really would be best to just be built out of a new units (2tnk has a turret)

That way I also don't have to "ant" the animations, and can keep the lovely looking 32 frame round.

There is some other units that play up a bit, I think, like the Chaparal uses the mob gap gen? can't quite remember, again, will have a look at it.

If I can port it, I guess I should get modding, because I can now make as many units as I like... hehehe 8 factions here I come xD

Also, some turrets have different locations, so I'll have to lock turrets on certain things also. (Rocket hummer, AA Chap.)

-Liam

The new unit logic is not finisehd. It messes up the score at the end of games. http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2603.0 In Echo post you can see he tied to use the new building set up and the score at the end of games went wonky.

In my test port it didn't crash at the start of game using CnC Net5. I used some of the other things like new weapon sound projectile and warheads. 

• 1 year later...

Heysa!

I played around with some new units, buildings and infantries and the game sometimes randomly crashes when one infantry is on screen.

That could have some reasons:

1. It's the name= field I used to give them a proper name. Somebody told me using the name= tag could crash the game. Is there a way to link a new unit to conquer.eng?

2. My infantry shp has only 238 frames for now while E1 has more than 400, so it is invisible while idle animation (I've to fix that anyway) but game usually doesn't crash here.

3. It has something to do with the Cave theater (but I don't think that).

4. Too much new units or ini configurations just destabilize the game.

I attached some of the crash reports (they have different size).

ra95crash6.dmp

ra95crash5.dmp

ra95crash4.dmp

rules.ini

I can send you the rules.ini where I added the new stuff if you want, Jacko.

Yes please, I can't seem to get it working in any form.

Also sometimes using Name= Can cause crashes (although I found it rather infrequent)

I've read that using Name= more than 3 times is really a crash risk.  So I only used it three times in updates of older stuff such as Volkov Deathmatch.  In all newer stuff I have it entirely commented out in map mods so it's not used it all.  It's just the text that appears when you point to something for a bit.  I think it's better to leave something with no name other than its icon than to risk a crash.