How to Tanya AUTO attack?

mrgreenno1

yeah.

if only 3 guys didn't pop out of a SAM site every time I blew them up then maybe those commando missions would've been more fun XD

Hehe. At least they fixed that in RA1...

Maybe I should look into that in C&C1. It should be possible to disable that in case of a bombing command.

Mind you, even that is balancing, just so a single commando in multiplay wouldn't be able to lay an entire base in ashes.

Mind you, even that is balancing, just so a single commando in multiplay wouldn't be able to lay an entire base in ashes.

=))) Than would be nice.

I tryed to play in OpenRa and Tanya is autoattacking only infantry. I really liked it =) Acctually in my mod of RA1 Commando(general Stavros from Aftermath single player) who is on the Soviet side instead of Tanya is autoattacking! So i thought that maybe it wold be possible to do same with Tanya, but since its hard coded...

In OpenRA, you can be pretty sure that features like that aren't in there just because the devs couldn't be arsed to implement them :P

Also, changing "hardcoded" things is what we do. Doesn't mean we'll change things like that; they're simply how the game was intended.

Yes but modding is about to change things that "intended", no? =)

Modding is simply a concession that the designers don't want to put up with any more crap or complaining and are basically telling you to "do it yourself".

^ This is what is wrong with the entire gaming market.

Yes but modding is about to change things that "intended", no? =)

Modding is simply a concession that the designers don't want to put up with any more crap or complaining and are basically telling you to "do it yourself".

^ This is what is wrong with the entire gaming market.

Modding has always been like that even for C&C games. It wasn't Westwood who made XCC, FinalSun and all the similar tools, though EA did make the map editor for most SAGE engine games and a mod SDK for C&C3 and RA3.

There are companies today that more or less embraces modding like Bohemia Interactive, Mojang, Eugen Systems, Valve + a bunch of indie developers.

The only thing how any market works: make something that people will buy and dont give a damn about if they like it and any changes after start of the selling of that product will not happen because to change anything at this stage would be very costly... they can go bankrupt easely at this stage, this is the time when they need profit. Basicaly it is nobodys fault. Since some people can do some changes they do it and that is great =) IMHO

Not sure if modding is something developers really intended players to do. I guess Westwood wanted to make balancing changes quick without having to recompile the whole code again.

Indeed. All user-modding is reverse engineering anyway. The ini system made that easier, sure, but in the end it's just another developer tool extracted and used by the game users.

On a related note, I remember reading that WW said they made Counterstrike after seeing the amazing things their players did with the rules.ini tweaking :)

• 4 months later...

Actually what we did in OpenRA to make it less annoying is simply forbid Tanya to attack buildings and tanks with her pistols and let her use C4 on those only. I guess the C4 on tanks is OpenRA exlusive, but you may be able to set damage against heavy armor types to 0% to make her only target infantry in RA95.

Actually what we did in OpenRA to make it less annoying is simply forbid Tanya to attack buildings and tanks with her pistols and let her use C4 on those only. I guess the C4 on tanks is OpenRA exlusive, but you may be able to set damage against heavy armor types to 0% to make her only target infantry in RA95.

Well OpenRA is another game but I made C4 as a weapon years ago. I modified [Democharge] had damage=750 range=0 speed=0 warhead=ap and a projectile like the C4 targeting marker. It war fun making it but a little to much as 10 Tanyas in a apc would ruin the whole map

• 1 month later...

yeah.

if only 3 guys didn't pop out of a SAM site every time I blew them up then maybe those commando missions would've been more fun XD

Hehe. At least they fixed that in RA1...

Maybe I should look into that in C&C1. It should be possible to disable that in case of a bombing command.

Maybe instead of those 3 guys, change it to mostly one or rarely two?

That might be harder to do, since it's related to the building. Adding stuff like that might cause the silo to also spawn those "one or rarely two" minigunners instead of the relatively harmless technicians. And LOADS of buildings have special spawn logics like that.

• 4 weeks later...
In multiplay, you should have plenty of defenses by the time a commando can be trained. If you neglect to properly defend your base it's only fair that a single commando can lay waste to it  :P

Spend 5 minutes looking into this. To make Tanya auto-attack, the following instructions need to be patched:

Original:

004EF22A   83F8 05          CMP EAX,5
004EF22D   75 32            JNZ SHORT ra95.004EF261

Patched:

004EF22A   90               NOP
004EF22B   90               NOP
004EF22C   90               NOP
004EF22D   EB 32            JMP SHORT ra95.004EF261

Use a hex editor and at offset 0xEE62A change "0x83 0xf8 0x05 0x75" to "0x90 0x90 0x90 0xEB".