7 years? This site keeps on running!

Tore

In style with the usual tradition (except last year) I announce that the Command & Conquer Communications Center birthday was about a week ago. This site was started on July 31st 2007. We have seen many sites fade away during that time, some surprisingly showing off life signs then dying again, but this site has never shown any signs of slowing down.

Now where's the delayed cake?!

Happy Birthday CnC-Comm!

I for one am very happy this site is still up and running... and just look at all the new artists and modders we have picked up! Where would they be without this place?

I know, for one, that I would not know of any of their work. So here's to CnC-Comm, lay it live long, and prosper!

-Liam

Yeah, despite the recent departure of Iran, this is still a great community; it has low-level programmers as well as high level, modders, artists, and of course gamers (just to name just some of the contributions), whom are all genuine fans of C&C. More than that, some are really friendly too. I've watched this community get better and better over the years and I really look forward to it's continued improvement for more years to come. Well done everyone!

I'm a low-level and high-level programmer... I just have trouble with the in-between levels :P

PS: don't use "whom" if you don't know how to use it, plz. It just looks silly. Basic rule: if you can replace the "who" by "he/she/they", use "who". If you can replace it  by "him/her/them", you can use "whom".  :dry:

PS: don't use "whom" if you don't know how to use it, plz. It just looks silly. Basic rule: if you can replace the "who" by "he/she/they", use "who". If you can replace it  by "him/her/them", you can use "whom".  :dry:

"if you don't know how to use it..."? "if you don't know how to use it"??? WOW!!!... What a nice guy! Your work on C&C is great, but your people skills suck dude! Stick to programming, plz. "if you don't know how to use it" (smh)... :D :D :D

PS: Thanx for the English lesson on a gaming forum.

fir3w0rx... I'm Belgian. When you get corrected on your native language by a foreigner, it's best not to dig yourself deeper into the hole. I make no apologies for my urge to correct and educate when people attempt to use advanced/obscure grammar and then fail at it :P

Especially since the most common use of "whom" on the internet seems to be to make others feel grammatically inferior  :dry:

fir3w0rx... I'm Belgian. When you get corrected on your native language by a foreigner, it's best not to dig yourself deeper into the hole. I make no apologies for my urge to correct and educate when people attempt to use advanced/obscure grammar and then fail at it :P

Especially since the most common use of "whom" on the internet seems to be to make others feel gramatically inferior  :dry:

Fair enough, I understand. I don't mind being corrected as it makes me a better person, so by all means... correct away! Correct the hell out of me :D, as I know I'm faaar from perfect. It's just the way you say/type things, not just in this topic but all throughout this forum. I didn't really mind, I just felt like being a smart-ass at the time. Now with the word 'whom' - used 'to make others feel inferior'??? Well ok, thanx for letting me know, seriously, I'll keep that in mind (not being a smart-ass).

Thanx again for your help a few weeks ago with installing and loading up C&C fan-made missions, and also for all your work on that classic that started it all (well, actually, Dune II started it all but let's not get into that). I hope you keep up the great work for another 7 years! :)

I said "to make others feel grammatically inferior". And sadly, that's the truth.

Anyway, as the Bene Gesserit in Dune put it, "I live only to serve". I see little difference between helping people set up and play C&C, and offering grammatical corrections, honestly 8)

As for the way I can be rather blunt in the forum... that's usually just towards people I've known here for ages, and who either deserve it or can handle it :P

• 3 weeks later...