C&C Storyline inspiration?

pichorra

Yeah, it was said they they did have the idea of dueling scientists, would have been nicer to see it in full.

Yeah, I know that the two weapons (ob/tesla) are fundamentally different fluff wise, but gameplay wise, they are very much similar. Would have been nice to see the coil do something quite different, though. I wonder what it would be like if it fired multiple small blasts only... might try that out... you know, make it more like the AGT.

-Liam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do that with Tesla Coils. Then know that a volt only jumps faster when the distance is closer. With the power of 2. Thus half a distance is 4 times faster shooting.

The damage dealt is even more exponential. Half a distance is 8 times less damage for each volt. Or in simple terms: halve the distance is halve the damage.

Gives some nice new strategies: Keeping infantry (Something with the samge range) at a distance, yet moving in the tanks up really close.

Every C&C game has been an arms race. Yet both parties always had some technological investment right before the last major jump in the techtree.

GDI had the advanced guard tower, Mammoth and MRLS and slightly less the ORCA. NOD had the Stealth Tank, obelisk of light, and slightly less the flame tank.

Err, my thoughts on changing the Tesla was more to do with thinking about what types of units each side uses. It makes less sense for the sovs to need big hits against heavy things, as the allies are lighter. (not really considering the science of a Tesla Coil, anyway, the Coil in game is in no way realistic).

I thought, maybe less range, and has a constant rate of fire, rather than the '3 hit/1 big hit'. Maybe it kills like 1/2 a light tank in 1 go. Fires at the same rate as a turret, requires a little less power. This is for a mod, obviously. But it'd be interesting to see how it'd fit.

-Liam

Err, my thoughts on changing the Tesla was more to do with thinking about what types of units each side uses. It makes less sense for the sovs to need big hits against heavy things, as the allies are lighter. (not really considering the science of a Tesla Coil, anyway, the Coil in game is in no way realistic).

I thought, maybe less range, and has a constant rate of fire, rather than the '3 hit/1 big hit'. Maybe it kills like 1/2 a light tank in 1 go. Fires at the same rate as a turret, requires a little less power. This is for a mod, obviously. But it'd be interesting to see how it'd fit.

-Liam

How about making the damage based on distance, the number of units, and the type of unit. It inflicts more damage as the unit gets closer. It can reach out 3 spaces at one time, 2 spaces in 2 places, and 1 space in 4 places. Kinda like 1 long arm, 2 medium arms, or 4 short arms. (This would be strategy for mass attack.) If the unit is metal, it can pass the shock on to other nearby units. Depending on the metal, it could decrease or amplify the shock. If the unit is rubber-insulated, then no shock.

• 4 months later...

I've finally done it... I've created my very own Chronosphere!! I'm about to test it out now. Hmmm, what's a good date in the past to travel back to... umm... I dont wanna go too far, maybe just a few months back... I know, March 17 - St Patrick's day, I might get lucky again ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's not forget the obvious World War One references throughout Tiberian Dawn

1.) Nod's main base is in Sarajevo

2.) Nod also has an elite group called the Black Hand which seems to be in direct reference to the real life Black Hand which was responsible to the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo