Tiberian Sun patches - Fix for the windows 8 / 10 menu problems and more

FunkyFr3sh

Hello.

First of all thank you for the patch, it has fixed some of my issues. However, when I apply it, the cutscenes/movies and sound no longer work. I can still play the game however, but the experience is seriously diminished. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks in advance!

On 12/24/2019 at 9:18 AM, Inferno955 said:

Hello.

First of all thank you for the patch, it has fixed some of my issues. However, when I apply it, the cutscenes/movies and sound no longer work. I can still play the game however, but the experience is seriously diminished. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks in advance!

What game installation do you have?

It could be this:

Firestorm missions are not working? Videos do not play?

The issue can be caused by the unofficial The First Decade Patch, some missions will not be playable anymore if you install TSpatch and the unofficial The First Decade patch into the same game folder.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

i try to play TibSun with CnC the first decade Version and i already installed the "tfd-103-rev4" patch. Is it now even possible for me to install the TSPatch and run the game proberly? When i start the game now without the TSPatch, the game freezes all the time in the main menu when i klick on any button. When i install the TSPatch, i cant Play the firestorm missions anymore. I dont want to Play multiplayer at all, i just wanna Play the Campaign or skirmish. Please let me know if you have any ideas for a solution. Thanks in Advance guys. 

16 hours ago, Mathi3as2 said:

Hi guys,

i try to play TibSun with CnC the first decade Version and i already installed the "tfd-103-rev4" patch. Is it now even possible for me to install the TSPatch and run the game proberly? When i start the game now without the TSPatch, the game freezes all the time in the main menu when i klick on any button. When i install the TSPatch, i cant Play the firestorm missions anymore. I dont want to Play multiplayer at all, i just wanna Play the Campaign or skirmish. Please let me know if you have any ideas for a solution. Thanks in Advance guys. 

You can't install the unofficial tfd patch and TSPatch into the same game, just reinstall TS and then apply TSPatch on top of it and it should work fine.

Hey i have a new Problem atm, i could play Tiberian Sun last week without any Problem.

Since Yesterday (and an Nvidia Update), it will Freeze & No Sound.

I tried to reinstall the Game and run TSPatch over it, but it wont help. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

27 minutes ago, WerVam said:

Hey i have a new Problem atm, i could play Tiberian Sun last week without any Problem.

Since Yesterday (and an Nvidia Update), it will Freeze & No Sound.

I tried to reinstall the Game and run TSPatch over it, but it wont help. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Does the game run for a moment and then suddenly it stops working?

On 12/29/2019 at 4:31 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

It could be this:

Somehow read over this. I tried running the game without the patch and it does exactly the same. Movies don't play to the point that I have to press Esc to proceed and there's no sound. I have tried searching the internet for a solution, but to no avail.

Hi everyone.

Today I tried to run Tiberian Sun on Win10 64-bit. Of course I encountered the missing menu screen issue, so I installed the TSPatch. Everything works fine except one thing. The loading times are ridiculous. New missions load very slowly and saved games load extremely slowly. Is there a way to fix this issue? The base game (without the TSPatch) loads very fast. I tried using both Origin and The First Decade versions of the game. The result is the same. I also experimented with different renderers to no avail.

42 minutes ago, Sarafan said:

Hi everyone.

Today I tried to run Tiberian Sun on Win10 64-bit. Of course I encountered the missing menu screen issue, so I installed the TSPatch. Everything works fine except one thing. The loading times are ridiculous. New missions load very slowly and saved games load extremely slowly. Is there a way to fix this issue? The base game (without the TSPatch) loads very fast. I tried using both Origin and The First Decade versions of the game. The result is the same. I also experimented with different renderers to no avail.

At the loading screen, does it get stuck for a long time at "Creating theories on likely enemy plan.." ?

12 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

At the loading screen, does it get stuck for a long time at "Creating theories on likely enemy plan.." ?

That's right, it's stuck for a long time on "Creating theories on likely enemy plan" and on the loading message when I try to load a saved game. Any fix for this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 10:22 AM, Sarafan said:

That's right, it's stuck for a long time on "Creating theories on likely enemy plan" and on the loading message when I try to load a saved game. Any fix for this?

No known fix available for it yet... :(

On 2/13/2020 at 12:59 AM, deadclowns said:

I cant get the launcher to actually start the gane. I click schimish and it disappears for a second and takes me back to the lobby. It will not load the game at all.

Do you use any kind of third-party security software?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

with the patch, the game is more destroyed than healed for me.

If I install the patch and then start the game, the selection screen appears whether I play offline, online etc. Well but no matter what I click the menu disappears, the mouse cursor changes and after 5 seconds it changes back to the normal mouse cursor

the game never starts and i never leave the desktop

27 minutes ago, Silberwolf said:

with the patch, the game is more destroyed than healed for me.

If I install the patch and then start the game, the selection screen appears whether I play offline, online etc. Well but no matter what I click the menu disappears, the mouse cursor changes and after 5 seconds it changes back to the normal mouse cursor

the game never starts and i never leave the desktop

Even if you click on Settings in the game launcher it will not open the config program with the renderer selection? If that's the case, then i'm pretty sure it must be some kind of security software you have installed that is preventing the game/cncnet/config from starting.

You could try to start the game directly from within your game folder using game.exe instead

12 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Even if you click on Settings in the game launcher it will not open the config program with the renderer selection? If that's the case, then i'm pretty sure it must be some kind of security software you have installed that is preventing the game/cncnet/config from starting.

You could try to start the game directly from within your game folder using game.exe instead

Well. i just tried to open the Settings and this was the only think that showed up from the patch. i changed the render Settings and guess what, IT WORKS NOW. Big thanks for the fast help.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:03 AM, Silberwolf said:

Well. i just tried to open the Settings and this was the only think that showed up from the patch. i changed the render Settings and guess what, IT WORKS NOW. Big thanks for the fast help.

Nice!

Yeah, I was about to suggest you to change the renderer.  If Automatic (aka OpenGL)  doesn't work then try Direct3D 9, if that one also doesn't work then try GDI or DDrawCompat. Default and ddwrapper should not be used unless you have no other choice (both have issues on windows 10, Alt+Tab is broken)

Hello! I have a bit of an issue... I downloaded everything, but whenever I try to launch the game, it simply does not boot. I can pull up the online, LAN, and skirmish menus fine but the moment I try to boot the game it just doesn't load. No error pops up, it just doesn't load. I'm using windows 10 if that helps any, not too good at fixing these sorts of things. Hope this problem hasn't been addressed already or I overlooked it! Any ideas of what I could have missed, by chance? Really would like to play this game again if anyone can help...1572668239_CCmenu.png.837abc31690b0b2b9cb0e63799bda5c0.png 

11 hours ago, ActiasInFlight said:

Hello! I have a bit of an issue... I downloaded everything, but whenever I try to launch the game, it simply does not boot. I can pull up the online, LAN, and skirmish menus fine but the moment I try to boot the game it just doesn't load. No error pops up, it just doesn't load. I'm using windows 10 if that helps any, not too good at fixing these sorts of things. Hope this problem hasn't been addressed already or I overlooked it! Any ideas of what I could have missed, by chance? Really would like to play this game again if anyone can help...1572668239_CCmenu.png.837abc31690b0b2b9cb0e63799bda5c0.png 

Try to click on Settings and change your renderer. If Automatic (aka OpenGL) doesn't work then try Direct3D 9, if that one also doesn't work then try GDI or DDrawCompat. Default and ddwrapper should not be used unless you have no other choice (both have issues on windows 10, Alt+Tab is broken)

• Like 1

Unfortunately, only ddwrapper/default showed any signs of life... but it was a black screen that closed itself within a few seconds. No sound, no visuals, just black and closed on it's own. I tried windowed and fullscreen, but no dice. I'm worried I might have messed something up. Thank you for the heads up though. Maybe I need to clear my computer of the game and redownload everything...?

Edited by ActiasInFlight

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there community,

I'm an tiberian sun fan since childhood and I really happy that I discover cncnet and thanks to the patch, I can play this game alone without problems and crashes alone. But when I try to play with my friend from online game against AI. everytime it says reconnection error after we play sometime like 30 or 45 min. this is like we are defending like hell during this time. and after we established a good defence the AI understands it will lose and uses its ultimate power. "reconnection error". there is not problem when we form a game from lobby and we start the game together. but after we create an army to destroy the AI. the computers says its you and me now. By the way I can still play the game alone to against 7 AI without any crash. We really want to play coop. Are there any one knows how to stop this AI to become skynet?