Tiberian Sun patches - Fix for the windows 8 / 10 menu problems and more

FunkyFr3sh

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say: Thanks for keeping these patches going for all these years, but i've run into an issue today - Tiberian Sun GDI Mission 2. upon mission completion the screen turns white (except the sidebar) then the video plays and the score screen appears, roughly halfway through the score screen the game crashes to desktop.

I'm playing on a Windows 10 x64-bit laptop with 16GB of RAM, RTX 2060 GPU and Intel core i7 CPU.

My version of Tiberian Sun was through the Ultimate Collection on Origin and prior to installing the patch from here the game had the "Frozen Menu" issue.

Not gonna get my hopes up tbh, just waiting for petroglyph to remaster TS and RA2 now. :P

14 hours ago, Pea Green said:

Just wanted to say: Thanks for keeping these patches going for all these years, but i've run into an issue today - Tiberian Sun GDI Mission 2. upon mission completion the screen turns white (except the sidebar) then the video plays and the score screen appears, roughly halfway through the score screen the game crashes to desktop.

I'm playing on a Windows 10 x64-bit laptop with 16GB of RAM, RTX 2060 GPU and Intel core i7 CPU.

My version of Tiberian Sun was through the Ultimate Collection on Origin and prior to installing the patch from here the game had the "Frozen Menu" issue.

Not gonna get my hopes up tbh, just waiting for petroglyph to remaster TS and RA2 now. :P

You can try to change your renderer, one of them usually works fine (try Direct3d or DDrawCompat)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, a big thank you for keeping these games alive.

However, I'm struggling with Tib Sun.

It loads okay and runs, but every 2-3 seconds it hitches/lags/pauses. This is consistent and doesn't clear.

I have tried each render mode, running windowed and fullscreen. Any ideas what else I can try?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

2021 - I want to start by saying this game “was” my childhood and you get older but never forget.  I recently got ultimate edition and was having trouble with my newer system comparing to my old one running this game and this forum helped so much I’m back playing like I use to

Specs- B460 gigabyte,  i5 10400,  GTX 1660 super 32 gb RAM Win/10

thanks ?? everyone. It is doable!! 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, thanks for this patch appreciated, but when I launch a single player game it tries to start then bombs out, what do I need to do to fix it?I

I was a massive C&C fan and I never got to play this game, and always wanted to come back to it, played all the others, just not this one so would really appreciate if you could have me complete my childhood dream! :)

Thanks.

On 10/12/2021 at 2:27 PM, dellams said:

Hi everyone, thanks for this patch appreciated, but when I launch a single player game it tries to start then bombs out, what do I need to do to fix it?I

I was a massive C&C fan and I never got to play this game, and always wanted to come back to it, played all the others, just not this one so would really appreciate if you could have me complete my childhood dream! :)

Thanks.

Try to change the renderer in the config program, if none works then make sure your anti-virus isn't blocking the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have freshly downloaded the game from origin, and installed this "fix" but nothing happens. The launcher pops up, and when I select to play offline, it just closes and nothing happens. Nothing is running in the task manager and origin pops back up asking me if I want to play....this is getting annoying....Currently running Windows 10 Pro.

Can disregard this post, after messing with the render settings I was finally able to get the game to do something.

Edited by Aediway

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, been a while!  

So I reinstalled Tiberian Sun running the latest patch from this forum.

Game appears to run fine but I am seeing screen tearing now and again in gameplay (scrolling the map) and videos.  I know we don't have any v-sync or things like that with the game being that old but can anyone think of a way to fix/improve? 

Thanks!

Edited by Sunhawk

• 9 months later...

I just installed the game and this patch.

The game runs fine for me until the end of the first mission.

At the end of mission report the game simply crashes to desktop, no errors messages or anything.

I'm playing the Origin version of the game from the Ultimate Edition pack.

Update: Managed to fix it by changing the renderer from automatic to Direct3D 9

Edited by Bansheedragon

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying to get this to work for a while, but for some reason, my game isn't full screen whenever I downloaded this patch. Before I had the patch, the fullscreen worked fine but it would freeze on the main menu. Now, no matter what resolution or render I put it at, it stays small. I'm not sure what to do about this.

• 4 weeks later...

hey folks, me and a friend is trying to get the game to run on his machine. he sadly uses a 55 inch 4k TV through HDMI.

i have tried it running the 4k res as well as setting the desktop and game to 1920x1080 as that is what mine runs on using the GDI render in window mode. sadly this didnt work on his. 
testing using skirmish mode to see if i can load into a map but sadly always crashes out as if the renderer needs changing.

we have tried all renderers both windowed and full screen. every one crashes out.

is there any other setting we can try? any hidden renderers i can add to the game like openGL (if thats still a thing, i come from a Unreal Tournament background) or maybe some setting i do not know about in a .ini file?

thanks guys! about time EA gave the source code for this game out. mind you, they wont as everyone would come back to this again and not buy the new stuff.

Hi.

Applied the patch and restarted computer. Computer started with motherboard bios screen, timed out, then launched into windows. Started game in Ea app, selected Tiberian Sun. Game started. Began play. One minute later the screen froze, sound continued. Tried again, same thing, including the bios screen bypass on startup.

Uninstalled game from computer.

Should I try again? 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tested this with the new Steam ultimate collection release of C&C2 which contain modified exe's that block Windows 7. Am pleased to say your lovely patch auto detected the steam install location, installed with no errors and because your installer replaces the exe's with ones that keep the no-cd and have no Win7 block I'm now able to to play my steam copy of C&C2! Many thanks guys! :)

• 3 weeks later...