Tiberian Sun patches - Fix for the windows 8 / 10 menu problems and more

FunkyFr3sh

Hello , 

Sorry for my english :s

Thank you for this pack which allows this beautiful game to continue to run despite its ages ^^

I'm coming to you to find out if the "language pack" that i found in your patch allows you to put the game in a different language.

Thx

language pack c&cnet.PNG

On 4/6/2020 at 2:46 PM, umtaka said:

Hello there community,

I'm an tiberian sun fan since childhood and I really happy that I discover cncnet and thanks to the patch, I can play this game alone without problems and crashes alone. But when I try to play with my friend from online game against AI. everytime it says reconnection error after we play sometime like 30 or 45 min. this is like we are defending like hell during this time. and after we established a good defence the AI understands it will lose and uses its ultimate power. "reconnection error". there is not problem when we form a game from lobby and we start the game together. but after we create an army to destroy the AI. the computers says its you and me now. By the way I can still play the game alone to against 7 AI without any crash. We really want to play coop. Are there any one knows how to stop this AI to become skynet?

Yeah that's a known problem in multiplayer games with AI players, theres no solution for it yet :(

On 4/6/2020 at 3:29 PM, banshima said:

Hello , 

Sorry for my english :s

Thank you for this pack which allows this beautiful game to continue to run despite its ages ^^

I'm coming to you to find out if the "language pack" that i found in your patch allows you to put the game in a different language.

Thx

Language pack is only for the cncnet lobby right now, we don't have any language packs for tiberian sun at the moment :(

• 4 weeks later...

I am on a new gaming PC, I played couple of games around 10 days ago it was fine.

But today i joined 3 games, and it was super super laggy, like 10fps maybe
And after I left, they said it was fast. Any idea why that could be?

Also could it be that GPU is somehow f***ing it up?

EDIT:
I just played a solo game w/ passowrd NO AI NO other players. and still super slow. wtf?!

Edited by MrFrodo

6 hours ago, MrFrodo said:

I am on a new gaming PC, I played couple of games around 10 days ago it was fine.

But today i joined 3 games, and it was super super laggy, like 10fps maybe
And after I left, they said it was fast. Any idea why that could be?

Also could it be that GPU is somehow f***ing it up?

EDIT:
I just played a solo game w/ passowrd NO AI NO other players. and still super slow. wtf?!

Make sure you are using a supported resolution. If you have a modern computer 1920x1080 is probably best (use whatever your desktop is set to)

Make sure your render is set to Automatic

If you have a monitor that is capable of higher than 60hz refresh rate try capping it's refresh at 60hz

If you are on a laptop you can try right clicking on your cncnet icon > graphics proccesor > use integrated graphics (I've sometimes run into high end graphics card being weird for TS).

I went to install this patch and it says I need version 2.03, so I downloaded that from this site, but when I went to install that it says invalid registry entry and doesn't seem to do anything. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: After trying to update the game through the launcher, I tried installing the 2.03 patch from here again and it worked, and this patch worked as well.

Edited by Darktangent
New information

• 2 months later...

I just got the C&C Ultimate Collection.  Mostly it's very impressive, but a number of games have problems running.  One is Tiberian Sun.  I had an error upon starting it which I BELIEVE was related to DLL file, so I went to get this TSpatch.exe.  For whatever reason I didn't try it and uninstalled the game.  But now when I reinstall, even though the TSpatch.exe is gone, the game doesn't start properly - Origin keeps telling me there is a problem with syncing, it can't cloud sync..

38 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I just got the C&C Ultimate Collection.  Mostly it's very impressive, but a number of games have problems running.  One is Tiberian Sun.  I had an error upon starting it which I BELIEVE was related to DLL file, so I went to get this TSpatch.exe.  For whatever reason I didn't try it and uninstalled the game.  But now when I reinstall, even though the TSpatch.exe is gone, the game doesn't start properly - Origin keeps telling me there is a problem with syncing, it can't cloud sync..

Install tspatch.exe again and if the game doesn't run then open up tsconfig.exe (which was installed by tspatch) and change the renderer until you find one that works.

On 2/1/2020 at 9:22 AM, Sarafan said:

That's right, it's stuck for a long time on "Creating theories on likely enemy plan" and on the loading message when I try to load a saved game. Any fix for this?

I had this problem and in my case discovered it to be related to the No CD option. I've found two workarounds that work for me:

1. Keep No CD enabled. Disable all optical drives in device manager.

or

2. Disable No CD. Use your physical tibsun disks or mount an iso of them.

This also sped up parts of the main menu like campaign selection. Hope this helps others

I downloaded and installed the patch, which the game works menus and all, but the games main menu only renders in a tiny box and blacks out the rest of the screen.   

In game, I have an extreme zoomed out perspective and the build menu is very small.

Is this a render setting when I first run the game?

Edited by Gustav123456789

1 hour ago, Gustav123456789 said:

I downloaded and installed the patch, which the game works menus and all, but the games main menu only renders in a tiny box and blacks out the rest of the screen.   

In game, I have an extreme zoomed out perspective and the build menu is very small.

Is this a render setting when I first run the game?

Try to lower your resolution to something like 1280x720 and it should look better. Using a too high resolution doesn't make the game look better, things will just get smaller (unlike in newer games). You can open the config program from the launcher on your desktop

• 2 weeks later...

howdy,

I had the menu freezing bug so I downloaded the patch but now the "play offline" mode doesn't launch at all anymore, well it makes the screen bug out for like 3 seconds but that's it.

On 7/27/2020 at 8:53 PM, 2mg said:

So does this patch (and the latest Tore installer) contain TS-ddraw that can scale?

I see on GitHub that latest release has some new options, but no INI file to set them.

@FunkyFr3sh

Scaling isn't really working properly yet (menus wont scale + some options are not available), but you can change your renderer to direct3d9 and then play around with cnc-ddraw.ini if you want to give it a try

6 hours ago, egin said:

howdy,

I had the menu freezing bug so I downloaded the patch but now the "play offline" mode doesn't launch at all anymore, well it makes the screen bug out for like 3 seconds but that's it.

Try to change your renderer in the config program

4 hours ago, LinkinForcer said:

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem but Malwarebytes started labeling a lot of the patch as Malware and quarantines them.

I can't use the patch anymore.

Can you check the Malwarebytes logs and tell us what files it flags?

1 hour ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Try to change your renderer in the config program

I tried changing all the settings in the program as well as the files themselves and redownloaded the game a few times, had a similar issue with one other old game and the way I fixed it was by running it on the non default graphics card but for some reason you can't do that on tiberian sun as far as I know. 

12 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Scaling isn't really working properly yet (menus wont scale + some options are not available), but you can change your renderer to direct3d9 and then play around with cnc-ddraw.ini if you want to give it a try

I am playing with cnc-ddraw at the moment, but I ran into a peculiar mouse issues with it, I raised a flag on GitHub if you don't mind checking it out.

On 7/31/2020 at 12:33 PM, 2mg said:

I am playing with cnc-ddraw at the moment, but I ran into a peculiar mouse issues with it, I raised a flag on GitHub if you don't mind checking it out.

Just checked... I got the same problem as well, it happens because upscaling isn't properly supported for TS yet. I added a workaround to make it playable but it breaks the main menu slightly, your cursor isn't sync with what you see but at least it's playable. Check attached ddraw.zip (Make sure you don't open the config program, it will delete the file)

Make sure you keep adjmouse=false and handlemouse=false, otherwise it doesn't work.

For maintaining aspect ratio you'll have to use the half of any supported resolution. E.g. If your monitor supports 1920x1080 then set the game res to 960x540 in sun.ini

ddraw.zip

51 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

For maintaining aspect ratio you'll have to use the half of any supported resolution. E.g. If your monitor supports 1920x1080 then set the game res to 960x540 in sun.ini

ddraw.zip 133.67 kB · 0 downloads

But 960x540 has the proper aspect ratio - 16:9. And it works without problems.

In fact, any custom 16:9 rez works properly anyway, like 854x480 or 1066x600, even 1366*768.

Issue was making 4:3 rez working in fullscreen with "maintas/boxing" that needs "handlemouse" and makes cursor invisible in ingame menu. "Coasting=off corner jump bug" is another issue.

I'm sorry, but I don't see what workaround you put in?

Edited by 2mg

29 minutes ago, 2mg said:

I'm sorry, but I don't see what workaround you put in?

Scroll Coasting=off is working now with upscaling. Besides that everything is the same, TS/RA2 don't have proper upscaling support yet so you can't use maintas/boxing

8 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Scroll Coasting=off is working now with upscaling. Besides that everything is the same, TS/RA2 don't have proper upscaling support yet so you can't use maintas/boxing

Oh, good to know, the corner bug is fixed, and jittery-ness?

And frankly, knowing that low 16:9 resolutions work is even better than vanilla 4:3. AFAIK that's how CnC Remaster works.

Unless someone wants a purist approach, well, then, aspect ratio is off for now.

Edited by 2mg

I can't even get mine to work, I tried comparability modes, i tried your patcher 2.0, I tried using the latest version of the ddraw.dll and i get nothing a black screen. i really wish i could play ts again on my Windows 10 ROG x64 edition gaming computer,