whats the lamest type of RA1 Player?

bmoeller

I personally think its the people that rush your base with 10 to 15 small tanks within the first few minutes. yes it is a viable strategy, but its also a lame one that takes absolutely no skills. Build a couple war factories and kick small tanks out is the full extent of their gaming skills. 9 Out of 10 times if you stop this rush they will abort the game because that was their entire bag of tricks.

It you want to call it that. I take it your one of those skilled players

i misspoke.

I want to call it being intolerant , but that would be intolerant  of me

one of the really foul smelling cheeses compliments your whine,....

The lamest type of player is the one that wants to build a base and doest attack. Please play skirmish if you want to sim city your base

Why? I'd see that as a challenge. Finding weakness in their turtling, or just bleeding their resources dry. Heck, I once played a game where my opponent thought it'd be fun if I would just let him build a gigantic armoured base while leaving each other alone and then I'd have to try to actually conquer it. Realistically, he wasn't even trying to win. Sometimes the point is not to win, but just to have fun.

Well, I agree with having fun when dealing with a turtler.

However, Sim City base means actually a good looking base with walls around etc. Like how most bases where designed in TD.

Nice wall around even if there are cliffs, with 2 turrets in front of an entrance and 2 obelisks in the back with 2 sam site's. It looks good, but takes time and well, is destroyed in an instant.

However, Sim City base means actually a good looking base with walls around etc. Like how most bases where designed in TD.

Nice wall around even if there are cliffs, with 2 turrets in front of an entrance and 2 obelisks in the back with 2 sam site's. It looks good, but takes time and well, is destroyed in an instant.

Yeah you are right. I mean players that want to build a good looking base. Turtling is a strategy so this is no problem.

I mostly mean players that want to play like a campaign mission. Building good looking bases surrounded by wall, attacking with a small group of tanks, etc. Most of the time these players get mad when you dont do the same :roll:

Sometimes the point is not to win, but just to have fun.

for some it is fun to win

for some it is just to have fun.....

sometimes you are discussing with or playing against one who thinks the other way..

well said Nyerguds

you must have a long white beard and a sage hat and be 103 years old..

oooops, you must have a green glowing face..lol

Hah! In TS, maybe, where building walls is like, ten times faster, but in TD? No, that's indeed utterly useless. I only use walls in choke points there, and to reinforce my Obelisks/AGTs  :P

well said Nyerguds

you must have a long white beard and a sage hat and be 103 years old..

oooops, you must have a green glowing face..lol

Right. Now git off mah lawn, young whippersnappers!  :cncsmirk:

The lamest type of player is the one that wants to build a base and doest attack. Please play skirmish if you want to sim city your base

I admit that I've done that once.

I played skirmish and managed to trap a harvester while killing everyone else.

With no more threats, I took my time to build a NOD city.

After I got bored, I created a bunch of soldiers and had them all group up into a specific location. Then I launched a nuclear rocket right in the middle as I watched them all burn to death.

After I got bored again, I created a bunch of flamethrowers and had them all walk together through a huge tiberium patch. As soon as the first guy died, he torched the rest of the team.

Yeah... I was bored. ;)