So, what is this CNCNET?

great1

Hello people. I'm an xwis player. Someone mentioned on our forums about cncnet having ra2 soon, aswell. What is the player base expected to be? You guys have a ladder for clan matches/tourny etc?

In the mean time, why aren't you guys on xwis? it's the original ra2 server, has anti cheating and like 40-50 new maps. Never understood why there are so many servers instead of all being on 1 =P guess it's cuz xwis costs money?

EDIT: Ummm, also, can we do something about my status being a minigunner....? Someone plz change it to Supreme Ruler. Thx

Not sure if troll...

why aren't you guys on xwis?

Because this evolved from a C&C1/RA1 online community. XWIS' C&C1 and RA1 online system doesn't go beyond 2 and 4 players respectively. The cncnet system, using the games' LAN functions, can get twice that amount.

As for your status, it is related to post count.

Ok. So you're saying when you guys have ra2, you will be able to have 4vs4 games? What about the clan matches/tourny games?

How do I become global moderator?  :)

EDIT: I'm not trollin u buddy. I legit would like everyone to be on 1 server so there is better activity. We got ppl on Xwis, GR, QQ, and soon this.

Sweety, I mean will you offer clan matches and tourny games? For most of the really good players, that is what interests us. We like the competition

EDIT: How many posts I need to get rid of this minigunner title? that is insulting 

RA2/YR support is in development, right now we are making sure it works properly while adding some new (optional) features and making sure it works on modern systems like Windows 7 and 8.

We are also developing a ladder system for all supported games: C&C1, RA1, D2k, TS and eventually RA2/YR.

CnCNet will also have patched out a few bugs that allowed a few trainers and cheats to work online. Like we have done with the other games. This does not mean it will be cheat proof however, but we will try to prevent them from working.

Hello people. I'm an xwis player. Someone mentioned on our forums about cncnet having ra2 soon, aswell. What is the player base expected to be? You guys have a ladder for clan matches/tourny etc?

In the mean time, why aren't you guys on xwis? it's the original ra2 server, has anti cheating and like 40-50 new maps. Never understood why there are so many servers instead of all being on 1 =P guess it's cuz xwis costs money?

EDIT: Ummm, also, can we do something about my status being a minigunner....? Someone plz change it to Supreme Ruler. Thx

We aim for an easy setup here, just download and play. Port forwarding is not required on CnCNet, no one will be locked out. All cheats have been fixed too (there is no need for auto ss). I doubt it is about the money, most people just don't know how to open ports, they expect it to work out of the box, while others use 3g/4g or any kind of shared internet where it is not possible to open ports at all

hello guys, I've been a top player on wol and xwis for a long time now, still play ra2 for cms and qms and sometimes ffgs, I would really be interested in joining this community as well once a ladder is implemented.

I believe that the needing a serial is picking away at xwis and figured this game should be f2p for a long time now.

xwis has made several new maps for tourney and qm style games that balance very well and have fixed countless bugs in the original maps, is there any chance that these new maps would be welcomed on your server? is that up to the creator of such maps or would xwis own copy rights to said maps?

Ports? No idea what you're talking about homie, but I'm not a computer genius. Although, I am a regular genius. On xwis, you just download ra2 and it works in a min. But you have to buy a serial for like $7-$8....or something around there. Does anyone know what the ladder system will be like? Team (clan) ladder would be a part of it? Are you guys going to market yourselves to people who play on servers like Game Ranger and QQ?

We aim for an easy setup here, just download and play. Port forwarding is not required on CnCNet, no one will be locked out. All cheats have been fixed too (there is no need for auto ss). I doubt it is about the money, most people just don't know how to open ports, they expect it to work out of the box, while others use 3g/4g or any kind of shared internet where it is not possible to open ports at all

Yes i use 3G and i cant forward ports so the tunneling server is a godsend. "Cheats are fixed"

Really?  :laugh:

I believe that the needing a serial is picking away at xwis and figured this game should be f2p for a long time now.

That's not our decision. We will not be hosting technically-illegal downloads anywhere to support our system, so RA2 won't be uploaded anywhere here.

Given the fact cncnet uses LAN as basis for its multiplayer system, though, I have no idea if a valid serial would be required. I think the only requirement in LAN is for all players to have different serials.

Hey Funky,

I'm going to caveat this post by saying, I am not a cheater and i think it truly takes away from the game experience but coming from someone who has been programming for years, It wouldn't take much to figure out a way round it. Did you also do this for RA1?

I'm assuming that as you're not offering it up as a download, you'll just be offering a patch? Is that correct?