@CNCNET Devs

Humble

First of all: Outstanding job!  TS is far better than it has ever been (activity aside, although activity has been increasing slowly) and the new client is amazing.  Tunneling is amazing.  Map upload is amazing (old one was horrid).  Delay in game has been GREATLY reduced!  So many major upgrades, hard to name them all!  I'm loving and really appreciating all the awesome improvements!

Now for couple feature requests:

1.  Group chat option?  Back in old client you could PM more than one person at a time... not important, but might be easy to implement so I figure why not ask.

2.  There is a glitch in the game, that when you tell an air unit to go under where enemy carryall is landing (even if air unit is across the map), then it will glitch and the carry (with dis or mk or apc) wont land.  This is a lot different than placing a wall or moving an inf under the carryall, then it makes sense it cant land, and this is a fun part of the game, but air units should not be able to do this (in a perfect world).

This possible to fix, or miserable to implement?

3.  When I double-click the map preview, it runs the batch script, then ends up giving me some error... is this feature supposed to work?

4.  As someone else requested, it would be nice to see the games list, even when joined to a game lobby.

5.  I still got internal errors, no matter the rendering or patch setting I used, and ended up having to set visual settings to low.  It would be nice (again, in a perfect world) if this could be fixed as it has been an issue in the game for a long time now.  Worse case, is it possible to have the client attempt to auto-config the rendering and patch settings based on computer specs?

It seems with faster computers the graphics rendering is a must?

6.  It would be nice if there were some way to message people while in game (without alt tabbing, as alt tabbing lags game for others).

Maybe an option could be added to allow / disallow people on friends list to message you while in game, and display it in the game?

I remember one of the olllld player / color patches had an option to have a pop-up window Inside the actual gameplay, that you could interact with, without having to alt tab.  I think it was something like pepsi color patch or something.  Maybe a small icon by the 'options' menu that you can click if you want to take the time to read incoming messages (from out of game players).

7.  As mentioned above, when alt tabbing the game lags, I assume this isn't something that could be easily fixed, but maybe it is?

8.  The friends list is a nice feature, what about an option to 'pop it out' into it's own window, that could be run along-side with the cncnet client, or stand-alone on it's own?  It would be cool for people to now have to run the cncnet client, but still be able to benefit from the instant messaging and friends could message them when they are on.

9.  A really simple, yet cool feature I would love if you added, was a check box in game lobby to enable / disable free radar.  It would be cool to see hosts have the ability to toggle this option, and not have to depend on a map to have the feature built in.  I personally don't even use minimap, but regardless I think it would be a cool feature, that would probably be the easiest on this list to implement.

10.  I have been occasionally getting re-connection errors for no reason in game, others as well, just thought I should mention this.

11.  I am no longer asked to send error report or not (it is enabled in settings), is this feature still working?

12.  Sometimes when sending engineers into enemy buildings, some of them will go in, but sometimes one or two of them will turn out all on their own (without the building changing ownership).  This is rare, but Extremely annoying when it happens and can loose games.

I know it's a lot of nit-picking, but as good of a job as you guys have done so far, I figure why not ask :)

Also, what type of donations would it take to get more attention put on TS?  I'm not rich by any means, but curious what amount of donation it would take to get some special attention on lovely TS :)

thought I might tack one on

could the host set all the team and start positions as well as the player doing their's?

having a lot of trouble getting teams and starts set...would help with that

and like humble said this client rocks!

where were you when westwood was developing this game?

you're hired!

Thanks!

That is a really good idea that I should have mentioned!

It would be nice if there was a toggle switch, that would allow the host to take charge of starts and teams, or toggle it off and allow end-users to choose as is now!

BTW, here is example of a fresh error that popped up for no reason?:

zzz.jpg.3545a3aea61a0623f2f75d136244d861.jpg

Also, I see Punker already mentioned these:

- I forgot to mention JJ glitch (THIS GLITCH SUCKS HARD).  To fix you have to stop making inf, power off barracks, re-alt barracks, re-power barracks, and pray JJ comes out.

If you play enough this is easy to reproduce.

- I also forgot to mention the MK on Service glitch...

"1) JumpJet glitch - when you build a jj, sometimes your barracks will glitch afterwards and the infantry you train will not come out of the barracks. There are some things that can be done to fix it such as turning your barracks off and on and alting your barracks to a new locations; however, these sometimes don't work and sometimes you need to purchase a new barracks

2) Air glitch - when an opponent is trying to land a carrycall, one can use their air units and click underneathe where the carryall is landing and it will prevent the carryall from landing indefinitely if continued. How is this an advantage? You can continuously click where the carryall is going to land until your samsites or other defences kill the carryall or make it land in an area beneficial towards your defence. This glitch has been found by the TS community to be unacceptable and a 'cheat'; sometimes it is done by accident; however, this glitch is probably the worst in TS

3) MK glitch - this one is not such a big deal; however sometimes it can be frustrating. When an MK is coming off of a service depot and you direct it to move somewhere else or attack something, it will blow up. To prevent this, you need to let the MK come off of the depot by itself before directing its actions."

Another feature request:

Lag-monitor: Automatically check stats file (?) and keep track of people causing lag.  So when someone alt tabs, it logs that they cause lag.  When someone uses speedhack to slow down game, it logs lag.

Find someone who loves TS, knowns x86 assembly and is willing to help out, then we could get all kinds of new things done :)

Error I get when double clicking map preview:

You don't have any program to view image files? It will use your default image viewer to show the preview

I use this one for like 200 years already: http://www.irfanview.com/

It's tiny, fast and opens everything

I think someone needs to draw a line somewhere between 'changes that improve performance / fix bugs', and changes that fundamentally alter the gameplay experience of 'how the game was made'. Some would argue that the above is not a bug. Either everything can be alted into shroud or nothing. You can't have half one and half the other.

in ton2 days alting a plane was never considered a cheat..however it was frowned upon.... in the coding it says 1) MoveToShroud=no meaning subs and planes arent intended to be able to fly directly into shroud.

i consider it cheating, tbh.

Another feature request I would like to add (I think this is a really good one!):

Add option on host options to enable auto-allies based on start position.

For example, host could say, whoever is in 1,2,3,4 is team A, whoever is in 5,6,7,8, is team B  (Perfect for Forest Fires map).

Or, host could say, whoever is in 1,3,5,7 is A, 2,5,6,8 is B, etc.

This would be a really nice feature to allow random teams, but still make use of the awesome auto-allies feature!

ffff.jpg.18473bd1c839c71926356cbbf4f26712.jpg

@ Mole Hi mate... nice to see you :)

I don't know of any player (besides you?) that thinks planes should be able to alt into shroud and as Sean pointed out, the game was not supposed to work that way, it's a glitch... even the coding agrees.

Hope to see you on sometime!?! :D

Another request:

In game host settings, option for 'Make these settings default', so when you host a new game, those will be default settings every time.

Sometimes I play other games with weird settings, and forget to change them back when I host.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

all that needs to be done to gain users is to sponsor the Facebook page. Can cost as little as 7$ a day (yes, i know this can add up) and can get 20+ likes doing so, over time many individuals will play the game. I know it can get expensive, however, gaining more users can be profitable if you add advertisements

• 1 month later...

More glitches:

-When an empty plane is on a pad, and you tell that plane to attack something, it will stay on the pad, but will never charge, until lifting and putting back on pad.

-Sometimes more than one plane goes back to same pad, and only one of them charges.  I think this is related to the issue above though. (Sometimes neither of them charge, so this makes sense)

More glitches:

-When an empty plane is on a pad, and you tell that plane to attack something, it will stay on the pad, but will never charge, until lifting and putting back on pad.

-Sometimes more than one plane goes back to same pad, and only one of them charges.  I think this is related to the issue above though. (Sometimes neither of them charge, so this makes sense)

*looks at the forum this is posted in*

Last I checked TS & FS don't have planes...  :huh: