Expanding INTERIOR tileset with "Cave/subterranean" tiles

Tschokky

I'm guessing when you make a map in EDWIN and spam everything with CLEAR1 and ore/tiberium, what you see in the editor are the same cells. When you save the map in EDWIN and load it again, tiles and ore are already randomized.

RAED does not randomize these 1x1 mutliple tiles, the above picture is an acutal in-game screenshot part, the metal tiles are 1x1 multiple tiles and NOT randomized. I suppose if I edited the MapPack section I could probably randomize the tiles manually, but I would feel better if RAED did that.

Anyway, how do you like the new tiles?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing is too much work if it makes the tileset great to play on. I'm happy you like the fossils, they are TREX, TRIC, STEG and RAPT skeletons :D What would you have me animate? (and I can use a different palette for drawing the animations, so it isn't that hard if you know the tricks)

Thank you very much, FunkyFr3sh! I wouldn't dare try it with edwin, only tiles D01-D43, SH01-SH40, FALLS1/2 &c. exist, so not all tile options are full, besides Interior tiles are still there. Do you think you could do something about the 1x1 with multiple tiles randomization issue I addressed earlier?

Allen, yes, abyss tiles are SH01-SH40. You can assign any tile to any tile filename, you can even replace ridges with roads, etc., like S05 being the same as the road tile for e.g. D29.

So this is a radically different tileset, even more different than Desert to Temperate in C&C. WC01-WC38 tiles are unused, all the bridges as well, so you can think about what could be inserted in those leaks. I'll probably do simple beach tiles for SH41-SH56.

That is an odd thing to do. I would have kept it close to stock when it came to Cliff and Beach tiles. It seem like a big waste of time to rename all of the water cliffs (WC) to beach/shore (SH) and if the tiles where using the stock water cliffs and beach/shore any all of the out door theaters could be converted to the new theater will all of the Cliff, Water Cliff and beach/shore intact.

You do make awesome theatres :O I don't play RA but whenever I try a friend's mod I have to put in a random theatre of yours to have some fun ;D

Funny how we both made Interior theatres! Yours has a very Martian Dreams vibe to it which I love. Mars mod anyone?

Yes, bibs are quite a challenge. Obviously the first approach is to do something like all the other theaters have, patches of dirt or something, but that would look quite silly on metal plate/tile floors. Well okay, metal plates then? Wow, that looks stupid on dirt, because dirt is so gaussian, and BOOM, nicely organized metal floor there. Tile floors? Okay, nice, but on metal plates it doesn't make sense, on tile floors you can't see it, and on dirt, it would have looked far too "clean". So that's how I got to making these stripes. So far these seem to be the most acceptable, but if anyone has anything better, please do share it with us.

Funky, I installed RAED and I'd like to report the following issues:

RAED says it can't find cave.mix even though it's in the same directory and it's also embedded in main.mix and raed.mix, then as a consequence that it can't initialize the CAVE theater.

Whenever I try to load a scenario (both ini and mpr) I get the message "There is was error reading data from the scm000ea.mpr file." then Error 4, then RAED just stays there.