Expanding INTERIOR tileset with "Cave/subterranean" tiles

Tschokky

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might make more sense to turn the bibs off (although I think with the refinery you can't)

I think that would have the unpleasant side effect of the AI building everything on top of each other, blocking units/harvesters. Would you like a different bib design?

An issue for RAED: I think 1x1 tiles with multiple sets other than CLEAR1 don't seem to work properly, only tile #1 is inserted which can make maps somewhat bad looking. There is a workaround of course (make the multiple 1x1 tiles ordinary nxm tiles), but that's really inconvenient with all the copy-pasting around.

would be cool to use one of the normal tilesets as base for the new extended interior (if possible)

Why? I'm asking because I use interior tile names for my normal tilesets (e.g. the new DESERT theater used WALL0001-3 for the bushes, XTRA0001-12 for original DESERT rivers) for extra tiles and I had no problems with RAED. I would definately stick with interior if I can.

Adding support for the new tileset will not be possible for edwin, and raed will have problems too

I was pretty sure Edwin was out of the question, but what problems you think it will cause with RAED besides what I wrote (and suggested a workaround)?

The problems I mean are just related to making this theater a new and separate one, since you cannot add a new interior theater to raed the same way as the other theaters.

If you don't plan to make it separate then it would make all existing interior maps incompatible (at least for online games), we tried to add new stuff before and all games went out of sync

But if you are just planning to use this for singleplayer in your mod then it should be fine

An issue for RAED: I think 1x1 tiles with multiple sets other than CLEAR1 don't seem to work properly, only tile #1 is inserted which can make maps somewhat bad looking. There is a workaround of course (make the multiple 1x1 tiles ordinary nxm tiles), but that's really inconvenient with all the copy-pasting around.

Huh. I thought the game took care of the randomizing of those.