TD multiplayer map contest, anyone?

MattAttack

Bummer, since I figured you and White would be the frontrunners.  I was thinking of one of the judging criteria to be "understanding of game mechanics."  For example, if you just have a big tiberium field that leads one players harvs right into the opponents base, you'd lose points......  Oh well.....

Bummer, since I figured you and White would be the frontrunners.  I was thinking of one of the judging criteria to be "understanding of game mechanics."  For example, if you just have a big tiberium field that leads one players harvs right into the opponents base, you'd lose points......  Oh well.....

I could probably put together some half-decent maps.

I say half decent......

I could probably put together some half-decent maps.

I say half decent......

Tis better than 0% decent maps..

Would be interesting to see.

Shit man, I was hoping you'd come out of retirement ;) I still play your maps all of the time.  In fact, I have force myself to play non-MN maps so all of my videos aren't on "Steppes of War" lol.

Shit man, I was hoping you'd come out of retirement ;) I still play your maps all of the time.  In fact, I have force myself to play non-MN maps so all of my videos aren't on "Steppes of War" lol.

Haha, that's awesome! And yes, I could make some maps for this for fun. I've been thinking about trying to get Tiberian Alert back in order, and maybe start working on that. Although I could definitely start doing some maps potentially for Tiberian Dawn as well. We'll see!

EDIT: On another note, you should upload some more commentary videos! I've been lurking a little bit, and by the way, nice work on keeping content up on your channel.

Time to be lazy, cheeky and irresponsible at the same time, by releasing an old, completely untested, AND dick-shaped map. Behold, The Dreaming!

z4Endrpl.png

1v1. No blossom trees at the base of the rock, so if you can't defeat eachother, you'll have to eventually climb it by capturing the locals' silos. You can surround, you can go through the church-bridge but you will probably mostly go over the rock. Or at least I hope so.

Matt, record this shit if you try it!

cn2The_Dreaming.bin

cn2The_Dreaming.ini

I've been thinking about trying to get Tiberian Alert back in order, and maybe start working on that.

Aaah, TA and White's CR mod were the only times I enjoyed playing Red Alert... lol

EDIT: On another note, you should upload some more commentary videos! I've been lurking a little bit, and by the way, nice work on keeping content up on your channel.

Thanks a lot!  Funny, because back when the cncnet4 TD lobby was always vacant, I'd pass the time by watching your videos and it gave me the idea to start making my own.  Unfortunately since I have babies now, it's really a rarity when I can commentate without disturbing someone's nap-time, but I'll try!

Cn2mc: I'll gladly accept this submission! And buried deep within my old map pack I have a great counterpart to your map which always resembled a pussy to me.....  (maybe I should change the name from "Slugfest" to "Twatville")  ;)

5PQaWjm.png

A bit similar in its chokiness, too....

Tanya? Nadia? Eva? ;)

heh heh... Even though my girl is Cuban, ANY suggestion I come up with is dubbed "too Mexican sounding" -- even if it were something white as hell like Amy. Luckily we've reached a shaky truce with Scarlet, which is fine by me since that's the hot chick from the old G.I. Joe cartoon.    XD  Although it would've been rad to have a "name my baby" contest here!

Tanya? Nadia? Eva? ;)

heh heh... Even though my girl is Cuban, ANY suggestion I come up with is dubbed "too Mexican sounding" -- even if it were something white as hell like Amy. Luckily we've reached a shaky truce with Scarlet, which is fine by me since that's the hot chick from the old G.I. Joe cartoon.    XD  Although it would've been rad to have a "name my baby" contest here!

Go for Megan, the second commando in the betas of RA1 ;)

Haha, that's awesome! And yes, I could make some maps for this for fun. I've been thinking about trying to get Tiberian Alert back in order, and maybe start working on that. Although I could definitely start doing some maps potentially for Tiberian Dawn as well. We'll see!

get on it, lad

get on it, lad

Which one? :P

PwvUpnql.png

Awesome looking map!  However, even when I tried to ally all the Humvees with the multi houses, I instantly got swarmed and killed.  Other than that, I think it really has potential!  Perhaps I'm failing the Rorschach test, but I do see a swastika in it ;)  Not that I give a shit....

EDIT*** I figured out why "the Dreaming" wasn't showing up in the maps list..... It wasn't named in the .ini file.

Ah, possible. Anyway, yeah, that's my take on a swastika-shaped map with slightly off-centre spots. I know about multi alliances, but wouldn't sleep/sticky work at least? If not, I'd have to change the map and remove the hummers/APC and only leave the roadblocks.

I know about multi alliances, but wouldn't sleep/sticky work at least? If not, I'd have to change the map and remove the hummers/APC and only leave the roadblocks.

Apparently all that stuff goes out the window in MP.  everything is set to "hunt" :(  Removing the APC/hummers should resolve any problems.  (I'd remove any gun wielding civis too, but that's just me) The only non-fatal stuff I've gotten to work in MP maps are capturable Chinooks that fly in or the C-17 cash trick.  Everything else seems to want to kill the northernmost player....

Still a cool map though!