YR lives

Wiganfc

Ladders are a real possibility, and I've been told that they are in the works. If they do show up, this place will be insanely popular.

Clans, I think, will be significantly harder to deploy. I don't see how they can do it with their current naming system.

Welcome Wigan!

So, YR lives on.. great news.

Some questions:

- Will there be ladders, competitions?

- Will there be clans?

- Donating, I, as I assume many others are would be willing to donate to make this happen.

Hello to all!

/David

Hi David, remember you quite well from yr/ -auf-

AFAIK yes to both questions (eventually). And you can already donate, but i believe something was also mentioned about being able to donate to specific projects/developers. Not sure if you can do this yet tho.

Hi guys,

Glad to see this server has been made!

Played some games with my old buddy..

Hoping to see the players level will get higher as many players don't really know the game yet.

Im pretty noob too but I still remember the basics :)

Oh and hi to all old skoolers ;-) some might remember me.

ThXforDie ! No shit! Whatsup man!

Yo Prep  8)

I'm doing ok man, how are you ?

Been ages since I played Yuri, still need to get used to it again.

Hope this server stays alive and revives Yuri in its old glory  :D.

As I said, I hope players get better tho, a lot play like an easy/medium comp now  :roll: :roll:.

Hope to see you in game sometime!

I am good as well.

For the good games, you have to be more familiar with the server :). There are quite a few good players around, but you have to 'know' or 'realize' them.

Usually they come on mid evening USA time, which is late europe time (sometimes very late).

;)

• 1 month later...

Was in a ffg last night and some guy claiming to work behind the scenes with cncnet was talking about how the ladders have secretly been set and ready to go since November! He claimed the staff here is afraid to implement the ladders yet since the current cncnet server load is at a max carrying capacity. Apparently a 5x, estimated, spike in activity w/ the ladders may cause an outbreak of crashes and kaboooom messages across the board. It's not that the ladders aren't ready, it's newer server hosts that are needed.

Well, this is what someone was saying. I don't know much about IT. More than likely just a rumor.

The ladders for the other games have had pretty much no effect on activity, so I doubt it'd be that much different for YR.

I disagree; the other games don't have other online communities to lure... I mean... invite here... RA2 does, namely XWIS, Game Ranger and the monster community of them all... QQ Battle. All these communities love competition.

The ladders for the other games have had pretty much no effect on activity, so I doubt it'd be that much different for YR.

The YR ladder simply isn't done yet.

A ladder on YR will definitely increase activity. There's player's at XWIS, QQ and GR who have all indicated the moment it appears they will make an appearance. I think it will take some time, but if eventually it gets a qm function activity will most certainly take a boost.

No offense cnc admin but dude those other games are way dead.... Ra2/Yr is considered dead by some but still has 1000's of active players though... It will most definately increase the activity on YR. I bet it does reach over 1000 online at once when its released. If it ever is released that it.... :ranting: