A Blaze in the Northern Sky (3pl)

Messiah

Yeah, this looks pretty awesome.

A lot of chokes, BUT so many of them that you can't guard them all. And not enough resources to really justify a turtle style play... very interesting.

I'd say get rid of the viceriods, though, yeah. They will just all go strait after the northern most thing (which WILL be someone's construction yard).

Alas, no.  even imprisoning them in walls doesn't really even help.  As soon as you unleash them they'll go for the Northernmost player.  Possibly reinforcing by Chinook, although its still a 99% chance they'll still act the same.  And not to split hairs, but I believe their command is more "attack units/base" than hunt.  Tis a subtle difference.  :)

It's quite a well known thing that any units placed in multiplayer will automatically go "hunt". Sorry :P

Personally, if I don't want people to get into an area too quickly, I'll use walls to simply block it.

That basically means you have to blow up a load of guard towers in order to get the centre tib... the next person can harvest from it for free. IDK if that's how you want it, but just saying.

It's quite a well known thing that any units placed in multiplayer will automatically go "hunt". Sorry :P

that's bad. so it is nearly impossible too to make coop-maps where two players has to solve a mission against a computer controlled enemy, like some RA maps. :dry:

That basically means you have to blow up a load of guard towers in order to get the centre tib... the next person can harvest from it for free. IDK if that's how you want it, but just saying.

no, there are only three guard towers placed at the entrances of the tib field, so every player has only to destroy one guard tower between his base and the field. not pretty a challenge, but it keeps you busy for a short moment...

that's bad. so it is nearly impossible too to make coop-maps where two players has to solve a mission against a computer controlled enemy, like some RA maps. :dry:

The AI can't do anything complicated.  I made a Co-op map where the computer endlessly sends waves of units towards the players-- the only problem with that, is that there was no way to "win" other than to un-ally and kill each other eventually.  I'm still investigating the possibilities of co-op maps, but complex orders are an impossibility.  :)

Oh, is that one one where they push up from the south?

I played that with someone, and by the end we had walls of obelisks set up along the bottom. Watching them all fire "at once" was really funny. As it turns out, the game kinda stops and then the line is drawn for each individual one, then damage is calculated and the game resumes xD

The AI can't do anything complicated.  I made a Co-op map where the computer endlessly sends waves of units towards the players-- the only problem with that, is that there was no way to "win" other than to un-ally and kill each other eventually.  I'm still investigating the possibilities of co-op maps, but complex orders are an impossibility.  :)

so win triggers linked to multi1-6 won't work in mp?

If it is possible, the only thing probably would be: how to fire the win triggers for both houses at the same time.

maybe doing it like this:

If you have a side, which only owns one building/unit, you can two triggers at the same time: winner is... linked to the building whens it's destroyed and a win trigger to the side, when it is annihilated. no Idea if this would work or crash the game or whatelse . . .

It's been a while since I messed with it, but my co-op map is SCM233ea of this pack if you wanted to check it out.

I (for some long forgotten reason) use "badguy" as the enemy.  I have recently figured out a way to end the waves (I think) but have yet to find a successful WIN trigger.  Just make sure any testing you do is on a live network game and not a "skirmish." That's how me and GiftS found out that you couldn't script Airstrikes for players without crashes.

As for all of your questions, I'm sorry but my memory is pretty foggy but I'm sure the answer is mostly no, lol.  Please test all of your ideas and let us know, I'd love to get working co-op for TD.

oh yeah, also look at this topic: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=4056.0 it might be helpful

I, alas, don't have much time for messing with it these days.. so good luck!!

• 2 years later...

its a great map well made sir,  it is almost highly symmetrical with regards to the point you made in the other thread, and thankyou we need more 3 player maps , there are a few really good ones but 3 player has the least amount of maps catered for it compared to hundreds for every other number of players