3000+ YR Maps

Antares

Hi guys,

Just hosted a webpage to upload all of my YR custom maps.

Around 3000+ if i'm correct.

Free to download. Until the limit for download is reached.

I think the limt its around 100GB, and the file is around 1,8 GB.

Couldn't compress it more. So around 55 people can download it now.

Going to make a torrent later.

The download page:

http://www.the-real-antares.com

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just hosted a webpage to upload all of my YR custom maps.

Around 3000+ if i'm correct.

Free to download. Until the limit for download is reached.

I think the limt its around 100GB, and the file is around 1,8 GB.

Couldn't compress it more. So around 55 people can download it now.

Going to make a torrent later.

The download page:

http://www.the-real-antares.com

:)

You made 3000+ maps? Ive been trying to make just the 1 and so far its taken nearly 15 hours and has barely progressed lol

You made 3000+ maps? Ive been trying to make just the 1 and so far its taken nearly 15 hours and has barely progressed lol

He probably hasn't made them himself, but is just sharing maps made by others.

Yea realised that once I downloaded, the way he said it made it sound like he had.

P.S once I downloaded this I went to open cncnet and it took around 5-10 minutes to open up. :(

P.S once I downloaded this I went to open cncnet and it took around 5-10 minutes to open up. :(

That's because they use my ini reader, which reads and sorts out the entire content of an ini file when opening it, which is actually kind of inefficient if it's just used to just extract the name and map dimensions and such. So, for reading about 3000 YR maps... yeah, that could take a while :P

That's because they use my ini reader, which reads and sorts out the entire content of an ini file when opening it, which is actually kind of inefficient if it's just used to just extract the name and map dimensions and such. So, for reading about 3000 YR maps... yeah, that could take a while :P

My client hasn't used your INI reader since late 2014. It uses my own general-purpose INI reader, which is at least an order of magnitude faster than yours was. 3000 maps is still a lot of work though, since the INI reader still parses them all entirely. Maybe I should implement some kind of a custom map cache or a special small INI reader for reading custom maps that parses only the relevant (for the client) data from the map files.

My client hasn't used your INI reader since late 2014. It uses my own general-purpose INI reader, which is at least an order of magnitude faster than yours was. 3000 maps is still a lot of work though, since the INI reader still parses them all entirely. Maybe I should implement some kind of a custom map cache or a special small INI reader for reading custom maps that parses only the relevant (for the client) data from the map files.

Ah, heh. Well mine was really only ever meant to handle configuration files, and I specifically designed it for modifying ini files without rewriting them, to preserve comments and such, so for read-only operations it's ridiculously overengineered anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back.

My internet was down for a month because... glassfiber!  :laugh:

Link should be running by now, bandwidth limit was exceed.

I didn't make all of the maps by my self. only a few.. 10 maps or so.

And some maps which I customized a bit from other map creators.

@ Rampastring: I guess you are one of the creators of the cncnet client? Maybe its possible to load the maps from a central cloud? instead of a desktop. This way you could also have an eye on cheaters and you can centralize all of the yuri's revenge maps.

Yes, I'm the lead developer of the client.

How would it help with cheaters? Cheaters could just upload their custom maps into that same central cloud, and we wouldn't have the staff for manually verifying each map. It also sounds like fairly useless dependency on an extra server.