SSM laucher bug

Grove4life5

Hey all, everytime i order an SSM laucher in singple player when the unit is finished buiding the icon shows "ready" but the SSM never get delivered, so I've still never got my hands on that thing, how can I fix this?

Edited by Grove4life5

On 3/26/2016 at 3:20 PM, Nyerguds said:

Uhhh... what? You can't BUILD the SSM launcher in single player. It's just not given as construction option.

I mean I'm playing downloaded missions made by fans right now, there clearly is a SSM laucher icon and it cost 750$, when it's done I just get "construction complete" but the plane never arrives, same happend to me at NOD funpark dinosaur campaign 4th level.

Hope that's a bit more clear, you know anything to fix it?

PS I added a screenshot, click it and look at the constriction options, that's what I mean.

CC_SSM_bug.jpg.717d59e3cca3f9a023df19a977706d41.jpg

Edited by Grove4life5

How can you play singleplayer missions? In what folder do you have to copy the files? Please tell me the exact path

You just put the mission files in the main C&C95 folder and they should appear in the 'new missions' menu if they are properly named. You do need to download the full game though, the stripped cncnet version does not have single player, AFAIK.

Hmm. Odd issue. And it doesn't arrive if you just click the icon again?

Can you say which mission that is, exactly?

Try contacting and ask the mission maker, this problem never happened anywhere else.

Thought you could in covert ops...

Yeah, but only on one secret mission.

Only the dino missions, if you mean that...

Hmm. Odd issue. And it doesn't arrive if you just click the icon again?

Can you say which mission that is, exactly?

Try contacting and ask the mission maker, this problem never happened anywhere else.

Thought you could in covert ops...

Yeah, but only on one secret mission.

Only the dino missions, if you mean that...

http://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=556.0 is the exact mission, and no it didn't arrive whatever I did exept for doing nothing.

This kinda sounds like a similar bug I explained to Nyerguds one time ago. Once in a while playing Nod Special Ops 2 where later during the game practically when you build a War Factory the game stops letting you build any units! It will just be stuck on ''Ready'' and nothing happens.

I use to get this bug a long time ago on the N64 version of the game but it seems this bug orginated from the PC version when it went straight to console form.

I've noticed this bug happens more often with the Airstrip but I have seen it happen to the WF as well on occasion.  IIRC I think it may have even happened to my rax/HoN once.

Well good to know I'm finally not the only one with the wierd issues for once, as long as it doesn't persist I'm fine with it.

Doesn't that one only appear if you have mixed tech built or something? Like, both a WF and an airstrip?

Nope, sure as hell I only had NOD tech in that mission, plus I don't take over but I destroy unless no other option, besides that I had this before on NOD dino campaign in the 4th stage where you need to build base and defend against waves of dino's and then just pick them off with choppers and tanks (poor dino's lol)

Doesn't that one only appear if you have mixed tech built or something? Like, both a WF and an airstrip?

SSM's? Naw.... just AF and Obelisk I believe are the prerequisites.

But if you mean the not being able to build bug, negative on that, too.  It doesn't have to be both AF and WF.

• 2 weeks later...

Uhhh... what? You can't BUILD the SSM launcher in single player. It's just not given as construction option.

But... didn't you yourself create a configurable option to allow players to build them in single player?

Placing "RemoveBuildExceptions=TRUE" in the basic section of the .ini file allows SSM launchers and Helipads outside of multiplayer. I've used if before, your thing works  :cnc:

But... didn't you yourself create a configurable option to allow players to build them in single player?

Placing "RemoveBuildExceptions=TRUE" in the basic section of the .ini file allows SSM launchers and Helipads outside of multiplayer. I've used if before, your thing works  :cnc:

It's not a build exception at all. Those refer to construction options which seem like they should be available when looking at the thing's build level and side ownership, but which are specifically changed in the campaign; specifically for Nod. This affects the helipad, the APC and the Rocket Launcher in normal missions, and I think this also includes special changes like the tech center prerequisite for the Stealth Tank in the stolen stealth research mission, and the various build level tweaks to account for Nod having 2 less missions, meaning it disables Nod getting stuff (like advanced power plants) at lower levels than GDI, because otherwise they'd never get to build them at all.

As MattAttack said, the SSM is simply build level 98. Meaning it's never buildable in the campaign by any side unless you mess with the build level setting. So, no, that's not at all related to those campaign exceptions. Like the chem warrior, it's just a multiplayer-exclusive unit.

It's not a build exception at all. Those refer to construction options which seem like they should be available when looking at the thing's build level and side ownership, but which are specifically changed in the campaign; specifically for Nod. This affects the helipad, the APC and the Rocket Launcher in normal missions, and I think this also includes special changes like the tech center prerequisite for the Stealth Tank in the stolen stealth research mission, and the various build level tweaks to account for Nod having 2 less missions, meaning it disables Nod getting stuff (like advanced power plants) at lower levels than GDI, because otherwise they'd never get to build them at all.

As MattAttack said, the SSM is simply build level 98. Meaning it's never buildable in the campaign by any side unless you mess with the build level setting. So, no, that's not at all related to those campaign exceptions. Like the chem warrior, it's just a multiplayer-exclusive unit.

The chem-warrior, exept for multiplayer I know that you get that pretty rare by chopper dropoff's in certain missions in the "new missions" tab and also in fan-made missions I download here, but so far I never seen a chance to build them myself, any chance I get to do it in some fan-made mission? Would love to see the icon of that unit in the build tab (if it exist)

I currently never played multiplayer yet.

Not sure about fan-made maps that have them but you should try the dino funpark campaign, the mission where you have a base allows you to train chem-warriors. That's the only official mission that has a buildable chem soldier.

I remember my first time seeing the chem-warrior's icon was at Sole Survivor back in the 90s, literally more than a decade before I first played C&C1 online or knew about the dinosaur missions.

Not sure about fan-made maps that have them but you should try the dino funpark campaign, the mission where you have a base allows you to train chem-warriors. That's the only official mission that has a buildable chem soldier.

I remember my first time seeing the chem-warrior's icon was at Sole Survivor back in the 90s, literally more than a decade before I first played C&C1 online or knew about the dinosaur missions.

Lol I mst have missed that in the dino missions...