The Red Alert 2 balance suggestion thread (Made for funsies)

Philpy95

Your posts consist of so much bullshit it's mind boggling.

Learn to quote.

Naval maps are usually mirror only. Yes that means that Allied can only match Allied. Why? Because on naval maps Allied is OP.

Lol again you're wrong mister "i got rank 1 in ra2 "

Even in ra2 depth charge and lake blitzen are allied vs sov... LOL

Ok im done youre obviously trolling now.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depth Charge and Lake Blitzen have always been AvS. Doesn't mean they're balanced in that scenario, they're not. Both are pretty much a freewin for any Allied that knows what he's doing.

Alaskan Oil Spill is mirror only as it would be a pure joke in AvS.

Depth Charge and Lake Blitzen have always been AvS. Doesn't mean they're balanced in that scenario, they're not. Both are pretty much a freewin for any Allied that knows what he's doing.

Alaskan Oil Spill is mirror only as it would be a pure joke in AvS.

Lol its still more.balanced than yuri vs sov on those maps...

And i will make one edit, i forgot grinder gives u full amount of money for unit and not half like cloning vats... so 5 miners from yuri with 5 slaves per miner would be 25 slaves...

25×500 is 12k+. How is that not overpowered?

grinder gives u full amount of money for unit and not half like cloning vats...

For starters: Grinder doesn't magically give you "full amount of money for unit and not half like cloning vats". The return for grinding as defined in the units Soylent field. For most units this statement holds but definitely not for all.

so 5 miners from yuri with 5 slaves per miner would be 25 slaves...

25×500 is 12k+. How is that not overpowered?

How is this of any relevance? Slaves don't have any Soylent. For idiots like you: grinding slaves does not make you any money. So your entire calculation is bogus. If you however believe that you can use Psychic Dominator on 25 Slaves, then you're a moron. Did you ever even play Yuri? If you did you would know that you can't control Slaves. Besides a Brutes Soylent is 250 and not 500 as you claim.

And lastly, whoever lets you freely use your own Psychic Dominator on your own Slaves while sitting at home doing nothing with his own Superweapons cannot be taken seriously and is probably a 5 year old kid like you. I'm actually amazed you're capable of typing.

Oh so then its a quick 6k like i originally stated, and thats if you dont build initiates to go along with it. im sorry for thinking youre smart enough to understand things that are already implied, i figured you werent a 2 year old,  and i wouldnt have to reiterate  things,  hey Mr Technical, you cant use a pyschic dominator on your own slaves hahahahaha, its called a genetic mutator, and you obviously have never played yuri if you have this opinion.  Im sorry but after your last post your dinosaur ra2 knowledge is obsolete and can no longer be taken seriously

Oh so then its a quick 6k like i originally stated,

Nice correction. Where did you state 6k? Your previous post says 12k, moron. Although, in practice you won't ever even make 6k that way. If you're really lucky maybe 2k.

Do you know how much damage a Chronosphere can do? Yes, the Allied Chronosphere can do 54000 $ of damage at once.

Talk about OP.

Oh so then its a quick 6k like i originally stated,

Nice correction. Where did you state 6k? Your previous post says 12k, moron. Although, in practice you won't ever even make 6k that way. If you're really lucky maybe 2k.

Do you know how much damage a Chronosphere can do? Yes, the Allied Chronosphere can do 54000 $ of damage at once.

Talk about OP.

I bet you calculated 9 flack track full of sovs most expensive unit (yuri) chrono'd in the water. You actually forgot the cost of the flack tracks. So its 58500 dmg at once!! Its really anoying indeed. Happens all the time to me.

I bet you calculated 9 flack track full of sovs most expensive unit (yuri) chrono'd in the water. You actually forgot the cost of the flack tracks. So its 58500 dmg at once!! Its really anoying indeed. Happens all the time to me.

No, I didn't calculate flak tracks. But thanks for proving the point that the damage a Chronosphere can do is far beyond that of what Genetic Mutator or Iron Curtain are capable of.

And hence the reason why Chronosphere takes longer to charge.

What about mutator mutating 100 chrono commando's. 200.000 dmg at once. OP

GN can't mutate 100 infantry at once. =]

Try again with a more realistic number.

Besides that, Chrono Commando is not a realistic unit to be talking about AvY. In fact, unless you're a cheater it's not possible, at all. So what's your point?

And again some debunkage: Psi Commando is 1000 $ not 2000 $ as you claim.

Arguing against two noobs who don't even know how to play RA2/YR.

a1nthony (#63 26 / 26 285p): http://xwis.net/ra2/pl/a1nthony/

heldro (#78 34 / 36 253p): http://xwis.net/ra2/pl/orcaninja/

Yes, I, personally, do like to play Soviet. Why? Because I prefer the extra challenge it gives me playing against Allied (#13 18 / 3 493p): http://xwis.net/ra2/pl/siralex/

Actually hurts my head arguing against 2 complete and utter noobs who never actually beat me in a single game?

Besides that, Chrono Commando is not a realistic unit to be talking about AvY. In fact, unless you're a cheater it's not possible, at all. So what's your point?

Yes, I, personally, do like to play Soviet. Why? Because I prefer the extra challenge it gives me playing against Allied (#13 18 / 3 493p): http://xwis.net/ra2/pl/siralex/

Actually hurts my head arguing against 2 complete and utter noobs who never actually beat me in a single game?

Umm excuse me? Back during your "rank 1 " days i came to red alert 2 and beat you and u said "youre good". Also i dont need to defend myself considering my losses are against the current rank1 + others and i barely play. But again thats ra2 and were talking yuri here and im 100% sure u never beat me on yuris..in fact i remember  being on your 2v2 team and u always losing and ur excuse was "this bo works on ra2" etc... hush son ill play u on ra2 soon enough dont worry

Umm excuse me? Back during your "rank 1 " days i came to red alert 2 and beat you and u said "youre good". Also i dont need to defend myself considering my losses are against the current rank1 + others and i barely play. But again thats ra2 and were talking yuri here and im 100% sure u never beat me on yuris..in fact i remember  being on your 2v2 team and u always losing and ur excuse was "this bo works on ra2" etc... hush son ill play u on ra2 soon enough dont worry

Umm excuse me? When did you ever beat me? I sure as hell never said you're anyhwere near "good". In fact, you're so bad it's beyond comprehension.

Your losses are against the current rank1? Dude, you lose series to random noobs and you even lose to people who have 5 times more losses than wins. That's ridiculous: http://xwis.net/ra2/games/3357/

And also lol at "barely play". Do you think I played a single game of RA2 in the last 4 months except for the past 3 days?

Trust me, I never lost to random noobs and scum like you.

But again thats ra2 and were talking yuri here and im 100% sure u never beat me on yuris..in fact i remember  being on your 2v2 team and u always losing and ur excuse was "this bo works on ra2" etc...

When was that? And where? Answer that.  :)

Alex you seem infatuated with this myth that the Chronosphere is an overpowered attack. I'm not sure if it's highly calculated trolling on your behalf or simply a lack of logic.

The chronosphere is the second weakest super weapon out of the 6. The only super weapon weaker is the other allied super weapon, the weather storm.

1. The c-sphere has a time wait of 7 minutes instead of the 5 minutes that the similar super weapons receive. This is absolutely crucial. Even simply for the fact that an enemy will have 2 extra minutes to try and kill the allied player before chronosphere use.

2. Whilst a perfect chronosphere attack may be one of the most powerful immediate attacks in the game, there is a great chance of failure with the chronosphere attack. The mutator is basically a perfect attack always as it has great control, the iron curtain is extremely versaitle and generally easy to use, the chronosphere has a high rate of failure. Trying to chrono enemy tanks to water is almost always a failing option (permitting that the enemy is of high skill level and actually moves his tanks around). If you are trying to eliminate a tank force with the chronosphere, it can only be considered a real success if you get 5+ tanks (really, probably more like 7-9 but this also depends on gameflow). On the other hand, if you are trying to use the chronosphere to attack an enemy, then you have to deal with force field + desos or other units in the base. Yes, I admit that a chronosphere attack is generally pretty successful, but, it is also incredibly predictable.

Finally, the bottom line is: How often is the chronosphere used in rank games of high level play compared to the iron curtain? I can tell you that the chronosphere is virtually NEVER used against me in 1on1 games on high level of play. This is because allied players never get the chance to use it. They are constantly defending, defending, defending, and then hit and running. If an allied player has the time to make a chronosphere and actually use it vs you in a 1on1 game as a soviet, then you have strategically failed miserably.

I wish that there was advanced statistics for this type of thing, but ask some of the pro soviet players (Marko, Tomi, Mikoz, Tim, etc.) how often they lose a game to the chronosphere. I bet that they will have a very hard time remembering a single instance (1on1 combat).

Conclusion: In a 1on1 game of high level play, the chronosphere is basically useless.

Its as realistic as 9 flack tracks full of yuri. Mutator cant mutate 100 infantry?  then What is the max? Because the mutator range is pretty big and infantry don't take up alot of space.

Was never talking about psi commando.

Sure you are beter as me, but beat you enough times, hence why you engied my mcv as you were about to lose last game we played.

Here's a game of me and Gino (two allied players) vs Josh and Adam (two soviet players) with SUPERWEAPONS turned ON: http://xwis.net/ra2/games/10560/

By your guys logic the two Soviet players should have smoked us pretty easily. Well if you think that, then you couldn't be more wrong. I was red on the top left, BTW.  ;)

My opponent never even got to use his Nuclear Missile whereas I used my Weather Storm twice. Surprise, surprise, two Chronoshifted Prism Tanks behind his Nuclear Missile while distracting the opponent and applying Weather Storm on his base took care of it. Dayum!!! Chronosphere is soooo weak!!!

The chronosphere is the second weakest super weapon out of the 6. The only super weapon weaker is the other allied super weapon, the weather storm.

Honestly? This is about the stupidest post I've read in a long time. How is Weather Storm useless?

2. Whilst a perfect chronosphere attack may be one of the most powerful immediate attacks in the game, there is a great chance of failure with the chronosphere attack.

2. [...] Yes, I admit that a chronosphere attack is generally pretty successful, but, it is also incredibly predictable.

Conclusion: In a 1on1 game of high level play, the chronosphere is basically useless.

You contradict yourself BIGTIME.

Finally, the bottom line is: How often is the chronosphere used in rank games of high level play compared to the iron curtain? I can tell you that the chronosphere is virtually NEVER used against me in 1on1 games on high level of play.

Then you're playing against noobs. Because the occurence of Chronosphere in high level play is about as much (if not more) than the Iron Curtain.

Allied is by far the weakest team in SW game  now if you take supers out of the game Allieds are probably strongest.. but the supers give the yuri and sovs the advantage easy peazy

I digress. Allied is strongest with or without Superweapons. It really doesn't matter. The thing is that many players simply don't know how to use Superweapons. Because in for fun games Superweapons are typically OFF and in ranked QM on XWIS they are mostly random. The vast majority of players simply lack the experience of playing with Superweapons turned ON.

Sure you are beter as me, but beat you enough times, hence why you engied my mcv as you were about to lose last game we played.

When did you ever beat me? I don't recount a single time.

You're just a lying scumbag. Nothing more. The game you are talking about you almost killed my MCV and I sold it: http://xwis.net/ra2/games/9419/

AND LOL AT "ABOUT TO LOSE". YOU KILLED 4 TANKS IN THE ENTIRE GAME. YOU'RE USELESS.

Then used the Engi from the sold MCV to capture yours. You moved your MCV up the cliff and didn't protect it at all.

Allied is better than Soviet in my opinion, especially in any "long" games - 8mins+

If anyone begs to differ - i challenge you to 1v1 games, AvS, any map, best of 15, we will record and post all - even live stream if necessary - and see who prevails. (every map has to be different and include 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 sized maps)

Anyone going to step up?

I will also throw this out to Ra2 OR Yuris games.

^ From one of the best Allied players of all times. Good luck to any challenger.  :laugh:  :yo:

Don't get me wrong, PreP. I certainly respect you as a human being as well as a pretty decent player. You're a cool guy. But you're certainly not someone who knows how to play the Allied faction and how OP the Allied faction in reality is.

^ From one of the best Allied players of all times. Good luck to any challenger.  :laugh:  :yo:

Don't get me wrong, PreP. I certainly respect you as a human being as well as a pretty decent player. You're a cool guy. But you're certainly not someone who knows how to play the Allied faction and how OP the Allied faction in reality is.

Well im definitely no the best, and definitely won't be after my break of a number of years from the game...... but the amount of OP units within the allied factions is unreal.... mirage, rokis, snipers, eagles, prisms, battle fortress, destroyer, ore purifier, prism towers, chrono legionnaires, spies, tanyas, seals (i mean cmon... after an AFC? lol!) ..... insane amount of OP units.... but people just dont use them enough in my opinion!!! they try their tactics of PUMP OUT RHINOS with allies....which just doesnt work effectively enough!

Did you forget Guardian GIs?  :laugh:

Nighthawk Transport directly from War Factory instead of having to make Naval is insanely useful.

Engi-IFV for free repair.

Gap Generator.

What about the free Paradrop that America has?

The list is virtually endless.

Did you forget Guardian GIs?  :laugh:

Nighthawk Transport directly from War Factory instead of having to make Naval is insanely useful.

Engi-IFV for free repair.

Gap Generator.

What about the free Paradrop that America has?

The list is virtually endless.

yep - and chronosphere that can throw his miners into the water / cliff :D

To Adam, this is tony so this is a complete debate and i love you <3 but....

Yuri doesnt have op units?

Magnetron instant kill miner...

Discs?

Mm?

Are you serious right now? The problem with yuri has never been "in long games" its wave tactics considering Yuri has a better economy then allies and can keep that advantage by keeping pressure, rockies are useless against yuri as well. Oh did i forget Boomer subs, you know... a dreadnought right after building radar?

And as far as allied as overpowered... go play moon3 in china on ra2 and tell me.how you do,

Me and you beat marko and tomi as double allied in a cm. I know how good you are...ive also played with good allies! But if you would have ever played Tims sovs on yr (he used to get the better of marko there) at his prime, you would understand why quick tech sovs are so Strong  (yr). Although i do believe a perfect korean player may have something to say about that.

Its no secret that in long games and "4v4" maps allies are better! But thats the point, sovs can have iron curtain before allies get chrono not only is it less time, but soviet economy is better in early game no? Im not sure how my YURI is the OP team turned into AvS.. but allies are definitely better against yuri with sws off lol.

Ive seen some really good allied players by the way, and i believe having an allied teammate in 2v2 is the best option you can have, however we are talking about 1v1 and i think if allies used lame taxtics to win on yr (seals etc...) than sovs can use lame tactics like engineer  or go to china where alt and engi is normal and tell me allies are overpowered.

I know some crazy YR rushes based on alt (from oldschool) and they are not fun for the opponent. In the past allies were worse because of the map pool really, so i wont bring up the fact that most of the rank 1s are sov or yuri (yuri still op like i said) but i can also argue that most players these days dont know how to play against allies,  and the ones who do, still end up rank 1 as sovs on ra2 ;) as far as yuri.... allies need tricks and better micro then the opponent to win against a powerful sov on over %50 of the maps. Which is why i think sovs are better but again its way closer on yr than ra2 imo.

In conclusion, Yuri is the only severely OP  team on yuris revenge