The Red Alert 2 balance suggestion thread (Made for funsies)

Philpy95

Sup RA2 community. I have started watching/playing red alert 2 online and I thought of some ideas that I think would make online play even more fun to play online.

Attack Dog

-ROF reduced from 30 to 60

-Health Reduced from 100 to 50

Reason: Because screw attack dogs, the ROF nerf is because dogs are too potent against small ammounts of infantry and the health nerf is to increase anti-scouting as well as lessen dog fodder in tank battles

Tesla Trooper

-Range Increased from 3 to 5

Reason: Tesla troopers see little use it is mostly due to their poor range and this change remedies this.

Flak Trooper

-Cost Decreased from 300 to 250

Reason: To encourage more epic flak trooper plays!!! (No sarcasm)

Desolator

-No Longer Unique to Iraq

-Iraq Removed

Reason: Desolator's are a powerful but necessary evil, this change is to encourage use of other countries while getting rid of the now obsolete iraq.

Yuri

-Cost Reduced from 1200 to 800

-Prerequisite Changed from Battle Lab to Radar

Reason: Underused in RA2 but not in YR, this change is to make them like they are in YR.

Crazy Ivan

-Damage Increased from 400 to 500

-Ivan's Bomb Explosion Delay Decreased from 450 to 300

Reason: To make ivans truly crazy and encourage their use.

Terrorist

-Damage Improved to 300 from 225

-Radius Increased From 2 to 3

-Tapper Decreased From 0.5 to 0.1

-Health Improved to 75 from 50 Like in YR

Reason: The health buff is just for funsies because they got that buff in YR, the damage buff would actually make them pretty potent.

Rhino Tank Nerfs

-Cost Increased to 1000 from 900

-Speed Nerfed from 6 to 5

-Range Nerfed from 5.75 to 5.5

Reason: As a C&C fan you should probably know this needs nerfed...

Flak Track Nerfs

-Speed Nerfed from 8 to 7

-Cost Increased to 750 from 500

-Health 270 was 180

-Land ROF 25 was 40

Reason: Flak Tracks are one of the lamest unit's in the game from engineer rushing to being the strongest practical AA unit in the game these nerfs should weaken these abuses, the ROF change was again for funsies because YR made some irrelevant changes.

Soviet MCV Buff

-Cost Decreased to 2000 to encourage people to buy them

Reason: This change both encourage people to buy MCV's and slightly nerfs selling MCV rushes, which is a good thing.

Terror Drones

-Drone DPS increased 33%

Reason: To encourage even more terror drone usage. :devil:

War Miner Nerf

-At Max Carries 20 units of ore was 40

Reason: To nerf the soviet economy hopefully this wouldn't 180 the economy balance and make the allies economy better. :roll:

Apocalypse

-Can Now Move and Fire

Reason: The least The apocalypse deserves is it's smaller brothers ability to move and fire.

Kirov

-Cost Reduced from 2000 to 1500

Reason: These "fearsome" war ballons shouldnt cost a war factory only to be shot down by a pack of wild flak tracks. :ranting:

Dreadnought

-Reload Rate Decreased from 80 to 120

Reason: Dreadnoughts shouldn't be so much better than aircraft carrier this change brings them closer together.

Giant Squid

-Buildlimit 1

Reason: These units are broken beyond belief and this is the best suggestion I could think of...

Battle Lab

-Health 1000 was 500

Reason: Battle labs are a risky investment which can fall quickly to anything including a rabid conscript throwing stones, this change is to make building a battle lab slightly less risky.

Iron Curtain

-Charge time increased from 5 to 6

Reason: The iron curtain is the best superweapon in the game and gives allies nightmares, this is to tone it down slightly.

Tesla Coil

-ROF 80 Was 120

Reason: To copy this sweet change from YR I think is a great idea.

Nuke Silo

-Cost Reduced to 4000 was 5000

Reason: Because nukes are a great thing and should always be encouraged (I'm talking about the game obviously)  :S

Psychic Sensor

-Radius increased by 33%

Reason: Because psychic sensors should be able to sense things.

Demolition Truck

-Cost reduced from 1500 to 1200

Reason: To make sure people don't forget about them.

Amphibious Transport

-Cost reduced from 900 to 800

-Health increased from 300 to 400

Reason: To see more epic 100% esports epic amphibious transport plays.

V3 Rocket

-Rocket Acceleration 0.8 was 0.4

-Damage 300 was 200

-V3 ROF increased by 33% (From 400 to 300)

-Missile Speed Increased from 15 to 20

Reason: When V3 do get used they must get used regrettably their damage is so low and their missiles are not nearly as scary as dreadnoughts, this should change this without making them too strong.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhino Tank Nerfs

-Cost Increased to 1000 from 900

-Speed Nerfed from 6 to 5

-Range Nerfed from 5.75 to 5.5

Reason: As a C&C fan you should probably know this needs nerfed...

Lol, good job. Soviets are officially useless now.

Tech Outpost (for funsies)

-Missile battery fires like elite IFVs

Reason: I know they're meant to be repair facility and base expansion, the turret is just an extra you're lucky enough to get but still it needs more love. Other tech structures cost the same (requires $500 engineer to capture) but has much more value.

• 1 month later...

I know this is 2 months old thread, but these changes sound ridiculous. The reason War miners collect double is because they need to travel twice the distance of Chrono miners. I mean if you implemented the YR changes into RA2 (Tesla, Prism RoF and Plate Armor resistance to AP damage, etc.) that would be more reasonable. People don't take into account everything that could be done, and that is why people want stupid changes.

This is my Intake on changes that should be made to Yuris Revenge.

-Can not Grind slave miners

-Apocs not able to be mind controlled

-Mobile Gap Generator please

- Tank destroyers should 2 shot drones

and MAybe! Chronosphere -1 minute or 30 seconds don't remember the times lol

Important Edit:

Boomers should build with battlelab, or cost 4k lmao

Why?

That's as nooby as a 30 min no rush on Rekool.

The concept of a mod seems foreign to you.

From OP to completely worthless?

Why?

So Yuri doesn't have INF. Money and auto win on maps like hidden valley and offense Defense that turn into long camping games (against sovs)

That's as nooby as a 30 min no rush on Rekool.

(lol well maybe not be lifted by magneton then)

The concept of a mod seems foreign to you.

(idk why they took it out!)

From OP to completely worthless?

Lol,the amount of water maps you can not play against yuri is ridiculous lol.

So Yuri doesn't have INF. Money and auto win on maps like hidden valley and offense Defense that turn into long camping games (against sovs)

Slave Miners =/= infinite money. Yuri players can very well lose all cash, the slaves are quite vulnerable. And in that case, if one Slave Miner is ground, it's only enough for a Magnetron or even less. A full comeback after losing an army isn't quite possible, while slight additions to an existing army may or may not end the stalemate. This does not make it an instant OP comeback. Think about it.

(lol well maybe not be lifted by magneton then)

Now it's as nooby as a 10 min no rush on the map Afghan.

(idk why they took it out!)

Now how is that a good argument?

Lol,the amount of water maps you can not play against yuri is ridiculous lol.

.... what?

Also, what ore_truck said.

Learn what balancing actually means instead of dumping ideas more appropriate for a mod nobody would play.

Yuri has by far the weakest naval.

Also Yuri isn't OP as the majority of noobs want to believe. It's Allied that is OP, then comes Yuri and then Soviet.

Yeah, because having naval missile launchers backdooring you is totally not OP for the early game stages. All you need is a Sub Pen and Psychic Radar for a cross between a Typhoon and a slightly weaker Dreadnought.

Yeah, because having naval missile launchers backdooring you is totally not OP for the early game stages. All you need is a Sub Pen and Psychic Radar for a cross between a Typhoon and a slightly weaker Dreadnought.

On maps where something like that is useful, namely Isle of War it is extremely hard for Yuri to scout.

Yuri has the hardest time of all factions to scout the map.

Besides, even if Yuri pulls an early Boomer on Isle of War an equally skilled opponent will easily smash the Yuri on land and can just move his MCV to where the Boomer can't reach, "GG".

most of my suggestions were "for funsies"

but i FIRMLY stand by my YURis nerfs.

i've played plenty of rank 1 yuri players to know the little things that make yuri WAY overpowered such as infinite money and the ability to rape with naval

On maps where something like that is useful, namely Isle of War it is extremely hard for Yuri to scout.

Yuri has the hardest time of all factions to scout the map.

Besides, even if Yuri pulls an early Boomer on Isle of War an equally skilled opponent will easily smash the Yuri on land and can just move his MCV to where the Boomer can't reach, "GG".

lol is this a joke? isle of war you don't even need naval because magnetrons can steal their ore miners, and if you went early naval like a good yuri would... you could just camp with virus and initiates on bridge + 2 magnetrons will kill about 8 tanks if micro'ed right since you have to go through the middle passage...

also a Radar gives you pyschic reveal lmao.

please, i wont refute you're ra2 knowledge (in this post) but Yuri is a totally different ballgame my friend.

maps like tourney a, Tourney B, isle of war etc... You're only hope to win is engi rushing+EAting + lames.

Brutes are faster than dogs...  and you think allied rushing in ra2 is OP?

Try getting mcv grinder rushed with a quick battlelab and not knowing its coming (grinding your mcv gives you 3000)

one powerplant with 5 initiates will power everything ..

and thats not even the worst part, in a LONG fierce battling game like say on Hidden valley (sovs vs YUri) you can outplay your opponent 100% of the game and still lose to mass camping middle+bunkers because yuri will eventually outlast you with infiinite money....

There are maps that don't favor yuri (more than other factions), and there are tactics to beat yuri;

but this does not change the fact that YURI is favored on almost most maps and is the overpowered faction...

if people were to balance this game Infinite money and OP naval would have to be addressed imo...

lol is this a joke? isle of war you don't even need naval because magnetrons can steal their ore miners, [...]

How can Magnetrons "steal" ore miners? But do you know what? Tanks, be it Rhino or Mirage Tanks or even Siege Choppers can kill Yuris miners just as easily. That's Isle of War. I've had tense, hour long games on Isle of War. My longest being 3 hours and neither of us left until we had fought it out.

i've played plenty of rank 1 yuri players to know the little things that make yuri WAY overpowered such as infinite money [...]

[...] Infinite money [...]

Jesus Christ, kid. Can't take you seriously anymore. When will people understand that there is no such thing as "infinite money" for Yuri? But yeah, myths are very powerful.

I feel bad for you, dude. Because there is no way you can learn to play Yuri anymore. There simply is no real 1 vs 1 competition on CnCNet. I've played YR in its golden times, not as the Yuri team but against Yuri and attained badges in QM.

How can Magnetrons "steal" ore miners? But do you know what? Tanks, be it Rhino or Mirage Tanks or even Siege Choppers can kill Yuris miners just as easily. That's Isle of War. I've had tense, hour long games on Isle of War. My longest being 3 hours and neither of us left until we had fought it out.

Yuri on Isle of War is an absolute joke. By stealing ore miners, he means magnetroning them on to the cliff aka that entire ore patch for the other player is a death pit. A boomer, that is undetectable, will be at your base before you get a battle lab. The only hope is an all out rush and to pray that the yuri player does not have a magnetron on the cliffs (otherwise your fucked), oh, and you better bring your mcv so he does not kill it with boomers or just navy stretch + boomer gg.

Jesus Christ, kid. Can't take you seriously anymore. When will people understand that there is no such thing as "infinite money" for Yuri? But yeah, myths are very powerful.

The infinite money he talks about is the super weaponing mutator grinding of iniates + cloning vats + slaves. It's not exactly infinite money but on many maps it makes yuri unbeatable long game. So, if you do somehow last out hte boomer rush, the mags on cliffs, the Yuri will have unlimited money going while you have nothing on a map like Isle of war.

It's just a fact that over 50% of the maps are easily dominated by Yuri, and another 35% are strongly in Yuri's favor, and the rest Yuri has a good shot on.

[...] Infinite money [...]

I feel bad for you, dude. Because there is no way you can learn to play Yuri anymore. There simply is no real 1 vs 1 competition on CnCNet. I've played YR in its golden times, not as the Yuri team but against Yuri and attained badges in QM.

Lol bro now ur talking bullshit,

I was never the best but i was a top 5 (rank 3 in qm) player at one point and even 2 manned a few rank one clans, and one manned a clan into top 5 hof during 06-07. Please you were trash on yr, tell me your nicks because i remember all the top players and you were never there.

Allied is not OP they need tricks to win like engis and seals, and the few rank 1 allied players of my generation (justin, adam, not dean, not brett ) and the other completely dominating allieds of the time (,avery,carl) would bail maps like defcon, pinch point,gsf etc.. because they were usually auto-loss as allied without tricks.

There is also a reason why in xwis you never matched against yuri on naval maps, ever. Because they knew boomer was op.

When you played rank1 strong players like leownzall, sunny, (he had his day), Tomi, Desrlator etc.....

U will 100% lose on maps like isle of war no question. But u never played there in qm because xwis people have a smarter brain than you.

Grind brutes for 250 each, 5 miners= atleast 25 slaves thats a quick 6k without making initiates and grinding them for +50... you can not win long camping wars against yuri for this reason.

I also lol'ed at "rhinos can kill miners just as easy as magnetrons"

Yeah right, with one click a soviet or allied miner and refinery can die in an instant, you know nothing about the yuri faction at a high level, get lost nerd