Help installing single player missions

weaveR

Hi I want to play the single player missions on my "online" install because it comes with things such as the hotkey editor in the ccconfig.exe I tried installing the outdated nyerguds install and cutting and pasting the mix files that kind of worked but there's no option to play the "new missions" where the expansion missions, the playstation and the n64 missions are normally how do i enable the new missions option on the main menu?

edit: I've worked out that I can play the new missions through the original c&c95.exe but not the cnc95.exe with hotkey support.

Only nyerguds .exe has been set up for the PSX and N64 missions. You probly be better off with droping the hotkey editor in the ccconfig.exe .ect from the CnCnet version into Nyerguds install.

Yeah but I can't click "new missions" to play the n64, playstation and convert operations missions with the cnc95.exe because there's no option unless I run the original c&c95.exe that has no hotkey support.

Unfortunately the multiplayer version is all jacked up as far as playing single player missions is concerned.  Last time I tried it, the game wouldn't even acknowledge custom .mix files

That's a shame there should be a updated full installer with missions and hotkey support.

Sorry, I'm not responsible for how they botched the game to make their multiplayer version. I honestly have no idea what purpose it serves to disable single player options, especially since the game already had command line parameters to skip straight to the networking parts they need.

I'd integrate the stuff, but I really, really don't like the way the messed up the sidebar power bar.

I can't see anything wrong with the power bar in the multiplayer version it looks the same as TaxOwlbears and he'd be using the Nyerguds version being he's playing single player missions in his youtube videos.

Could you take some screen shots or something of the difference?

I can't see anything wrong with the power bar in the multiplayer version it looks the same as TaxOwlbears and he'd be using the Nyerguds version being he's playing single player missions in his youtube videos.

Heh, the difference is quite imperceptible, IMO.  It's just a slight graphical imperfection I know I'd probably have never noticed had Nyer not mentioned something about it.  I think it's worthy of inclusion in Nyer's version of C&C, although obviously that's up to him and I know he hates it.  ;)  Hotkeys would be super cool, too!

Sorry, I'm not responsible for how they botched the game to make their multiplayer version. I honestly have no idea what purpose it serves to disable single player options, especially since the game already had command line parameters to skip straight to the networking parts they need.

I'd integrate the stuff, but I really, really don't like the way the messed up the sidebar power bar.

Since we are attacking everyone here apparently.

Oh you are the one to talk. Mister I haven't patched a thing in years. You are as much responsible if not even more for the state TD may or may not be in as any one of us, if not even more cause you have abandoned it.

Oh you are the one to talk. Mister I haven't patched a thing in years. You are as much responsible if not even more for the state TD may or may not be in as any one of us, if not even more cause you have abandoned it.

Are you idiotic enough to attack the sole person left in the world to know as many bits and pieces of TD, who didn't abandon it for teh lulz, but for real life obligations? Just because FunkyFr3sh and Iran are desperate and impatient doesn't mean they can push sloppy code out the door.

Are you idiotic enough to attack the sole person left in the world to know as many bits and pieces of TD, who didn't abandon it for teh lulz, but for real life obligations? Just because FunkyFr3sh and Iran are desperate and impatient doesn't mean they can push sloppy code out the door.

I have been watching you now for months spamming your hate speech all over the forums, I didn't say anything about it yet. But enough is enough, you are not welcome here anymore.

The community is spending a lot time keeping the games alive and doing the best they can and you keep insulting everyone non stop, this is unacceptable.

Plokite_Wolf, toms knows what he's talking about, lol. Yea, he's probably right; I never managed to get myself to reverse engineer my own changes to proper code, which was the main necessity for integrating everything, and if I'd actually looked into the power bar hack I probably could've fixed it myself.

Doesn't change the facts, though. That hack is half-assed, and I still have no idea why they would disable single player features on the game :P

It was already explained 100 times, but I explain it again:

CnCNet has an automatic updater that keeps the online parts up to date, but at the same time it must keep the original installation untouched to ensure the singleplayer is still working as it should. Thats why the cncnet executable is using sa* mix files and not sc*mix files. The original game will just ignore this file and there won't be any problems with the sidebar.

The extended sidebar was never finished and was not supposed to be used yet. But since there was a beta version of it released for testing and some of the players saw it and asked us to add it to cncnet anyways we just ended up adding it. They didn't mind the small visual flaws... Anyone is free to finish it up, if you guys think we should remove it again from cncnet cause the visual flaws are a problem then we are just going to remove it, I don't mind.

How about I just remove it tomorrow and forward anyone who complains to Nyerguds? :D

BTW, tomsons just found out that commenting out one of irans patches fixed the powerbar glitches. We have to test around a bit, maybe it really works perfectly now