Best single player missions

weaveR

I agree, it depends on what you're looking for. Matt's missions are excellent but have a reputation for being very challenging.

I haven't had a chance to dive into Chimas's huge collection, the sheer number of missions is daunting. But If you're looking for a place to start, I'd HIGHLY recommend grabbing the missions on the front page of the Single Player sub-forum. Members like Nariac, LKO, and myself have pumped out a ton of missions which vary in both type and difficulty. And don't let Nariac be too modest, his map and level design skills are superb.

Damn, and I've been making a concerted effort to make my missions less ball-bustingly hard.. lol.  I'd say these days both Nariac's and Darkstar's mission are of the highest quality, although they definitely have their own styles.  I unfortunately haven't had the time to play the majority of these new missions but I'd say I've found pretty much nothing about what I have played that I could even nit-pick.  LKO is the granddaddy of a lot of this stuff and his trigger research has inspired a lot of my ideas, but his missions are pretty tough and some are a little bit broken.  The "Huge Collection" is great in that it saves all of this for posterity but I would gripe a little that there are a whole lot of mediocre missions to wade through to find the few really awesome gems. If I were to recommend one of mine that's not too excruciatingly tough it would be "Orca Assault" although the beginning is pretty dicey.  Once you get your base up and running though, it's cake.  I'm just stoked because for years it was pretty lonely in the "single player missions" section of the forums, but now there is an awesome overabundance of high caliber shit. :)

• 3 weeks later...