1.06c Suggestions

Ferret

Yeah, I should look into that. I got a function for stretching stuff, which is used for the "Coming Attraction" screens, but I'm not sure how to handle the buffers for applying it to the background image.

There's some kind of problem in it too though. If I remember correctly, it messes up unless I subtract 1 from the target height and width.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I won't add such a mod to the game itself, for the same reason I removed the Spanish language which I added in earlier releases of my patch: I'm only adding official stuff created by WW or WW people, with the intent of it being used in C&C. The Snow theater was a bit of an exception because RA and C&C have a pretty much identical tileset.

The internals of the patch still contain Jungle, though, and I made the necessary changes to make the theater perfectly usable, so anyone who wants to add it, be my guest.

Fair enough, really... (but they did INTEND it to have jungle... at least for a while).

Hey, just downloaded the C&C off of CnC-Comm, the sidebar isn't stretched with the hi-res, I know there was a patch for it, could this be included in the next installment. Also, where do I get that from...  I can't find it, lol.

-Liam

It will be in any next version, yes... if such a thing will come. Hifi's been pushing me, though, so hopes are high, but it'll probably take a while. Don't expect it within a month.

The original code iran wrote for that was buggy, though, when it came to the power bar. It did this weird sliding up thing.

The Snow theater was a bit of an exception because RA and C&C have a pretty much identical tileset.

I find it strange how WW decided to have different tilesets at all in RA and C&C95 being RA is meant to be the first part of the storyline then C&C95 is meant to be the next so I don't know why there suddenly is no snow tileset in C&C95 and there is no desert in RA.

I guess the storyline doesn't really matter anyway being it has been ruined by EA.

So basically you're asking "when they thought up snow terrain for Red Alert, why didn't it magically spontaneously appear in their previous game as well?" :dry:

RA was purely in Europe and Russia, so its lack of desert theater was rather obvious. On top of that, they simplified a lot of things by making all ingame theaters and layout graphics use one single colour palette. And finally, the theaters in RA are simply expanded versions of C&C1's Temperate theater, in terms of tileset, with a few very small changes to the existing tiles, like the wider bridges and river crossings.

Snow tileset was meant for deep winter in Russia and eastern Europe. C&C1 never had missions there. if they come up with that idea for the next game, that doesn't magically add it to something they made about a year earlier, you know, no matter the storyline :roll:

Also, do realize that Winter theater is used in exactly two missions in C&C1. It's a small miracle they decided to even bother making it. It was left out of the N64 version for exactly that reason; they simply couldn't be bothered, and reverted those two missions to plain Temperate theater.

That's funny how Westwood decide to simplify things in RA1 by making the tilesets a single color I never really noticed until you pointed it out lol the snow is just one shade of white.

RA was purely in Europe and Russia, so its lack of desert theater was rather obvious.

Well I guess it's good they made an effort to make it realistic in the missions but I know from memory there is a official Australia multiplayer map that uses temperate when Australia is realistically mostly desert so they still could have kept the desert tileset purely for multiplayer maps.

Personally I don't really mind either way but I've noticed tiberium looks a bit weird when using snow.

Just don't listen to tards who want you to change the game and make it so u don't get a Apachie when you buy a helipad and make this into another OpenRA linux freak disaster.

Take that RAcrap out of my C&C.

Hater.

Just don't listen to tards who want you to change the game and make it so u don't get a Apachie when you buy a helipad

Actually, that specific logic is not only already in the game, but has, in fact, always been there. Original Westwood programming. I just unlocked it to rules.ini option, and also made it available as option in single missions.

Actually, that specific logic is not only already in the game, but has, in fact, always been there. Original Westwood programming. I just unlocked it to rules.ini option, and also made it available as option in single missions.

Oh I thought it was OpenRA cancer creeping its way into my C&C.

Just imagine if you had to build a harvester separately too I guess that would be appealing to people who love those good ol' slow games!

Not really what C&C is about though it's more about rushing it even says that the ability to produce units fast is extremely important on RA if you go to ehy's RA website http://redalert1.com/#faq-skill

Its not far off weaver, OpenRa wants to take the place of the efforts here as they are bound to it in their inception, but there is also the personal decay due to exploration. Like with Nyerguds. Albeit all exploration is a premptive response to other people's exploration which is based in immoderation.

Which is why we need to keep him in order :P

OpenRa wants to take the place of the efforts here

OpenRA is not Westwood C&C it's got that bland generic RTS crap that kills the game I like having to do things like consistently press the make tank button over and over it's what gives the game its old school nostalgic charm.

Stupid linux freak open source shit with too many cooks who spoil the broth with their community tweaks to compensate for their lack of skill and speed.

I hope C&C95 game play stays original and Nyer doesn't give in to this shit from these casual cancer players.

I say each to their own. (people can play and make what they want).

In saying that, I don't think that Nyer has any intention of making something like build que, even if he could.

He's just wanting to patch, but NOT mod, the game. Original C&C is gonna live on for sometime yet, same with RA1.

-Liam

OpenRa wants to take the place of the efforts here as they are bound to it in their inception, but there is also the personal decay due to exploration. Like with Nyerguds. Albeit all exploration is a premptive response to other people's exploration which is based in immoderation.

Your trolling is getting more elaborate, Myg... but you still misspelled "preemptive" :P