1.06c Suggestions

Ferret

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got a theoretical question (rather than a suggestion): is it technically possible to create a hybrid engine that would combine features from C&C and RA? Or, at least, is there even a remote possibility of adding things like paradrops, crushable fences, group transport entry and maybe controllable planes and naval vessels to C&C (by reverse-engineering or other means)?

I would also like to know Nyer's opinion about the FreeCnC/FreeRA engine recreations.

Think I already said this somewhere... my opinion on engine recreation is about the same as Hyper's, namely that they should first take a really good look at the real internal structure of the game before trying to recreate it.

As for hybrid engine... I heard porting a single feature like a superweapon from TS to RA2 was months of work for the Rock Patch people. So you can imagine that making a complete hybrid engine in assembler coding is totally impossible.

As for hybrid engine... I heard porting a single feature like a superweapon from TS to RA2 was months of work for the Rock Patch people. So you can imagine that making a complete hybrid engine in assembler coding is totally impossible.

There's nothing totally impossible, it just hadn't been done yet ;)

That kind of framework would probably only be found in an organisation where people get paid.

There's not an awful lot of talented assembly hackers around these days. You just get the suits that write for RT computing software and they'd probably never help out on a video game project in their free time.

That kind of framework would probably only be found in an organisation where people get paid.

There's not an awful lot of talented assembly hackers around these days. You just get the suits that write for RT computing software and they'd probably never help out on a video game project in their free time.

Maybe an c&c fan too :P

On Brazil, if you see a Hacker, they probally live and work on another contry, because we prefer international app. (idk why), one exemple is the Kurumin Linux Team (Kurumin=Small Indian on Tupi), made by brazilians. it was abbandoned in 2007 due space lost due Ubuntu. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Isn't there also something that is related to the word "rescue" that makes neutral-owned civilians follow your units? Or am I making stuff up? :laugh: I think the civilian unit in a GDI Covert Ops mission where you have to rescue his wife has some rarely used order to do just that? Too lazy to check right now :)

• 2 years later...