tank spaming

JSDS

hey all .

i was wondring for while now when i play some players or watch some see them spam tanks fast .i don't mean cheating 

example : soviet vs soviet 3 war factorys each both of them did 2 miners from war factory but it seems like one of them ahead by 3 to 5 tanks.

my question is :

there is stratigies to spam tanks? or i'm just imagining  stuff.:mammoth:

Having an extra production facility (War factory in this case) can really make a huge difference in comparing the tank mass, especially in the long term. Be sure to have lots of WF if the game drags on, but that doesn't mean you need to rush buildning multiple factories while ignoring the need of additional refineries because you might spend buildings tanks more than you can afford.

On normal starting money settings, I usually focus on getting refineries first before multiple factories, if the enemy focus on getting multiple WF and has more tanks than you, at least you know he's running low on cash and if he attacks, you should be able to defend since you have extra cash (and more casualties, unfortunately) but if you survived, you still have money pumping faster while the opponent money is now low.

The strategy to spam tanks is simple: build lots of War Factories after getting lots of refineries/miners (in the long-term at least) so you'll have a steady flow of income and tank production, if you build lots of WF before getting additional refineries/miners, you might have the tank mass sooner, but for a short while until you're broke (which doesn't help if the game drags on), so choose wisely. If unsure, at the very least scout the enemy base quickly and mirror how many WF and miners he has.

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2017 at 11:03 AM, DoDger said:

if the other one had 3 WF so yea Sure he would hv 5 by the time the other one gets 3 O.o

man i mean BOTH of them same eco and same wf and same miner ( same every thin )

Edited by JSDS

if both of them at the same everything and same time they both would hv same amount of tanks unless one of them went for another thing like drone or kirov etc.. they should be equal maybe u just need to focus more on What they r doing or record a video showing ur point or what situation do u mean

Edited by DoDger

On 17/05/2017 at 1:30 AM, JSDS said:

man i mean BOTH of theme same eco and same wf and same miner ( same every thin )

From your above example in your first post, I highly doubt they had the same eco.  The same amount of wf and miners yes, but not eco, unless one of them forgot to build tanks for a few seconds, or made too many unnecessary things. But anyway, here's an excerpt from the top secret RA2/YR Bible (pro section):

In the Beginning

The following are relevant for No Crates, $10,000 settings.

• Press 'n-d-n-d-n-d...' repeatedly just as the match is starting. This will maximize your mcv deploy speed.
  • Press 'q + left-click q + left-click q + left-click...' repeatedly (not just once or twice) just before your building is ready to be placed, don't wait for it to be completed.
  • Making 3 dogs instead of 4 for scouting makes a noticeable difference in cash during the first couple of minutes, especially on maps with no starting gems or oil derricks. You can sometimes get away with even just 2 dogs when on small maps like Urban Rush.
  • Don't make any GIs/conscripts just yet, unless you really must garrison structures, like on The Alamo or City Under Siege.
  • As much as possible, when placing down your newly created refinery, try to make it 'face' the minerals (ore/gems). This will minimize your miners from doing too many unnecessary u-turns which slow them down.
  • Right after you have placed your second refinery, manually return your miner. Otherwise your cash will soon hit zero.
  • After placing down a refinery, the miner that comes with it comes out at the back of it. If the refinery is facing the minerals, quickly chrono-shift your chrono-miner back into the refinery so it gets to the minerals quicker. The same goes for miners out of the warfactory.
  • Ramps slow down your miners. Try and place your refinery on the same level as the minerals.
  • Make sure that your miners are harvesting the minerals that are closest to the refinery. One way to do this is to manually click the minerals, another way is to manually return your miner to the refinery (as soon as it has returned it's load, the miner will start harvesting the closest minerals).
  • You should always have a sentry gun/pill box ready, but if it's not currently needed, cancel it as soon as your money is about to hit zero.
  • If you want to completely cancel an entire queue of vehicles/units on your side bar (usually to make a drone or flak-trak), hold shift then right-click twice. Whether you have 2 or 20 queued up, the entire queue will be cancelled. (YR only)
  • If there are early rocketeers and a plane attacking you and you are short of cash for anti-air, but you have nothing to sell and no miners have enough load yet, cancel your queued up tanks (don't just put on hold or you won't get your money back) - you do not need them just yet.

All those little subtle things add up in the long run. Therefore, the player who does all that will gradually become more and more ahead of the player who does not.

Edited by fir3w0rx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

From your above example in your first post, I highly doubt they had the same eco.  The same amount of wf and miners yes, but not eco, unless one of them forgot to build tanks for a few seconds, or made too many unnecessary things. But anyway, here's an excerpt from the top secret RA2/YR Bible (pro section):

In the Beginning

The following are relevant for No Crates, $10,000 settings.

• Press 'n-d-n-d-n-d...' repeatedly just as the match is starting. This will maximize your mcv deploy speed.
  • Press 'q + left-click q + left-click q + left-click...' repeatedly (not just once or twice) just before your building is ready to be placed, don't wait for it to be completed.
  • Making 3 dogs instead of 4 for scouting makes a noticeable difference in cash during the first couple of minutes, especially on maps with no starting gems or oil derricks. You can sometimes get away with even just 2 dogs when on small maps like Urban Rush.
  • Don't make any GIs/conscripts just yet, unless you really must garrison structures, like on The Alamo or Golden State Freeway.
  • As much as possible, when placing down your newly created refinery, try to make it 'face' the minerals (ore/gems). This will minimize your miners from doing too many unnecessary u-turns which slow them down.
  • Right after you have placed your second refinery, manually return your miner. Otherwise your cash will soon hit zero.
  • After placing down a refinery, the miner that comes with it comes out at the back of it. If the refinery is facing the minerals, quickly chrono-shift your chrono-miner back into the refinery so it gets to the minerals quicker. The same goes for miners out of the warfactory.
  • Ramps slow down your miners. Try and place your refinery on the same level as the minerals.
  • Make sure that your miners are harvesting the minerals that are closest to the refinery. One way to do this is to manually click the minerals, another way is to manually return your miner to the refinery (as soon as it has returned it's load, the miner will start harvesting the closest minerals).
  • You should always have a sentry gun/pill box ready, but if it's not currently needed, cancel it as soon as your money is about to hit zero.
  • If you want to completely cancel an entire queue of vehicles/units on your side bar (usually to make a drone or flak-trak), hold shift then right-click. You will not need to repeatedly press right-click. (YR only)
  • If there are early rocketeers and a plane attacking you and you are short of cash for anti-air, but you have nothing to sell and no miners have enough load yet, cancel your queued up tanks (don't just put on hold or you won't get your money back) - you do not need them just yet.

All those little subtle things add up in the long run. Therefore, the player who does all that will gradually become more and more ahead of the player who does not.

big lesson that  i already now :P (i'm not new)

i'm seeying no one get what i mean i ll try to record what i mean.

51 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

JSDS, there is no cheating going on. One of the players simply had a slightly better economy or was faster or a combination of both.

I know there is no cheating .

On 5/16/2017 at 10:27 PM, JSDS said:

I know there is no cheating .

The entire game is about your economy. If you manage it properly you'll win most of your games. The best players always had a great eco, but that doesn't just mean make miners. You never want to have an abundance of money, or be broke. Steady flow of income.

Just because someone makes 3 war facs to your 1 doesn't mean they'll win, they could be broke af all game. I have a BO for maps like dune that I only use 2 miners and have 2 war facs and sell, I'll be broke in 3 min but the game's usually done before then.

• Upvote 1

Little things that keep you from ever going broke can send u ahead.  putting buildings or units on hold while others build is a good way to get some things down faster.  Sure two players might have 6 miners, and one has 7 tanks while the other has 5.  "same eco" but one is ahead.  But it's likely because one player either built more units like dogs or a drone, or made more sentries, didn't control their miners, has further distance to ore from refinery, or just plain built slower.

There is a lot that goes into how fast you can produce.  Not just number of wars and number of miners.  It's why some players can have 1 war and as many tanks as another with 3 wars.  Like others have already said, if the guy with 3 wars is broke all the time, the extra wars are for nothing.