• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bow4fowler

Problems launching Red Alert and Tiberium Sun

Question

Hi guys,

I'm trying to play Red Alert but after downloading it and then clicking 'skirmish' a pop up says 'cannot find specified file'.

My antivirus on the first attempt stopped a 'heuristic virus'.

File reference:

c:\games\cncnet\redalert1_online\cncnet5.exe

The same happens with Tiberium Sun.

Can you help me please i'm desperate to play?!

Norton highlights these both as high risk viruses.

Could you either update the files without viruses or advise please?

1 answer to this question

Hello,

If CnCNet has been blocked or flagged by your anti-virus there are a few things to note. 

• Firstly, this warning is often nothing to worry about. Anti-virus software often flag new files as a false positive, mainly because they have discovered a new file on your system they haven't seen before. This is very common in software development, especially for small scale developers such as ourselves. 
  • Other ways a file could be flagged as a false positive is the way we protect the software from being decompiled. Some of our software is protected for reasons to keep CnCNet services safe and secure.

Important steps you can take:

• You can remove this block by allowing it as an exception to your Antivirus firewall.
  • Submit the file in question to a site such as Virus Total, where it will scan the file against other anti-virus definitions. You will probably find your anti-virus will be listed, among some of the others, but as a rule the ratio should be low, and this is fine.
  • To help us stop these alerts, you can submit a report to your antivirus software company, they will scan the file in question that has been flagged, and it will be reviewed and will come back as a false positive.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By FunkyFr3sh
      All maps that receive more than 50% of the votes will be added. If there is none then the two maps with the most votes will be added only.
      Poll will close automatically in 1 week.

This poll is for ladder players only, please don't vote if you're not interested in playing ranked games!
      https://ladder.cncnet.org/ladder/11-2019/ra/

• By FunkyFr3sh
      We're going to have a ladder map poll soon, you can suggest maps that should be added to the poll here.
      If it's a new/unknown map or a modified version of a original map then please add a screenshot.

https://ladder.cncnet.org/ladder/11-2019/ra/
    • By Tiny_mario
      Is this one ddos me or what. Cos i  hardwired to the internet with 300 down and 20 up no throttle no vpn

Unable to read data from the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
    • By Skybee
      Hello again!
      I have been working on salvaging old computers from my closet so my crew can enjoy some C&C95 together.
      On my old GatewayCx210x, windows XP Sp3, machine, C&C95 Gold works great until I shutdown or restart the computer. Then, after I do a shutdown/restart, I return to open game and nothing happens. The game is in the task manager process list, but never actually opens anything at all. To fix this, I have to uninstall/reinstall C&C95 Gold. I used Nyerguds installer from http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/
      Is this an installer problem and should I try a different installer? What should I do?
      This is just an annoyance. Besides this, the game continues to process great without any weirdness.
      Thanks for any help, appreciate it.