Files are different from Host, could be cheating?

LOWEDOG

Question

Hello,

So I'm new to the site but a long time veteran of the game Red Alert Yuri's Revenge. I just downloaded the game from Origin along with CNCNet. I wanted to play online for the first time in forever with other players that have a passion for the game, however, I don't think I can join any game. I'll explain below.

When I login to the host's game with other players and while we're picking out our country's etc. Red Text pops up on the chat stating (my name) has different files compared to the game host. Either (my name) or the game host could be cheating.  When this shows up, I see that other players are already accusing me of cheating, then I'm kicked from the game. 

So...what files could I have on my computer that the client would recognize that I could be cheating? I don't understand. I just downloaded my game from Origin and haven't added any mods or anything that would give me an advantage in battle. Another thing that I have noticed that my name in the lobby shows that I have a [?] instead of the Yuri's revenge symbol.

Can anyone give some details on how to fix this? I really appreciate it. 

11 answers to this question

Hello,

We need some additional information to help you out. In order for us to work out your issue, we will require your client.log file. Please attach it to your reply.

Finding your client.log file:

1. Navigate to your Red Alert 2 folder. This is where CnCNet is installed.
  2. Look for the folder called "Client"
  3. Inside this folder, there will be a file called client.log

20 minutes ago, Grant said:

Hello,

We need some additional information to help you out. In order for us to work out your issue, we will require your client.log file. Please attach it to your reply.

Finding your client.log file:

1. Navigate to your Red Alert 2 folder. This is where CnCNet is installed.
  2. Look for the folder called "Client"
  3. Inside this folder, there will be a file called client.log

I found a text log on the under the file called client. 

client.log

3 hours ago, RaymondMark said:

Hey everyone hear me?

Hello,

Has this just started to happen or are you new to CnCNet? Try deleting the file called "version" from your game directory (Where CnCNet is installed) and restarting the client.

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2018 at 4:26 AM, RaymondMark said:

But it happens again when i select my custom map that i create . So what is the problem with this?

How are you making your custom map, are you editing any additional files alongside the map file?

Hi, same problem to me. Version file removal/game re installation on different location does not help. When I join, people still see has different files compared to the game host. Either (my name) or the game host could be cheating.

Game bought from Origin and latest cncnet client downloaded.