CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Messiah

Converting TS maps into RA2 maps - I've done it!

I don't know if someone has done this before, but I'm writing on ini profiles for MapTools to convert TS maps into RA2 maps.

Now you may convert TS temperate maps into RA temperate maps and TS snow maps into RA2 snow maps, and vice versa. FS crystal stuff will be converted into normal cliffs or grassy terrain and YR ice cliffs also will be transformed into normal cliffs. TS ice tiles should be transformed into water, but this doesn't work. Some things like bridges, some path junctions and rough patches will need fixup: Final Sun/Alert will ask you if you want to repair a map -> press yes.

most terrain objects which are not available in the other game (like Fona or street lights)will be transformed into trees.

If you use the RA2 terrain expansion, TS monorails will be transformed into train tiles, otherwise to blank.

Converting overlay to the other game is not done yet. The only thing is done is deleting the veinhole monster and his tentacles from game. RA2 can read TS overlay (blue tiberium is converted to ore for some reason), but TS cant read RA2 overlay, so you'll have to delete this in your map.

Buildings and other man-made objects are not changed, but I think about a file, which converts the civilian city buildings aswell as Nod -> soviet and GDI -> allies.

Below that image there are 4 files which you can use for the theater conversion and 4 example maps. Remember that is no I-convert-my-map-and-start-game-instantanous tool, only the basic things are done yet.

Here is the preview for the popular TS map "Terraces" converted into RA2:

terracesra2a.thumb.png.285a18f4594c49d5cd9bfd934c24c69a.png

ra2sno2tssno.ini

ts_sno2rasno.ini

ts_tem2ratem.ini

ra2_tem2tstem.ini

ra2_coldwar.map

ra2_terraces.map

ts_lakeblitzen.map

ts_anytown.map

ts_obj2ra2obj.ini

Edited by Messiah
  • Like 2

This is interesting. It shows that Terraces is a huge map in RA2 but it's not really considered to be a big map in Tiberian Sun. I played a skirmish and I couldn't tell if my tanks slowed down as the drove over the sand in the middle. In TS tanks move slower on that middle sand and on the "cracked" ground near top left,  left middle and above the pond.

Yeah, that depends on the settings in temperat.ini of the game, which are not converted.

And vice versa, I've ported Anytown, America into Tiberian Sun. Overlay and Buildings are done by hand, everything else is automatically converted by MapTools. Only some templates needed to be fixed.

Next thing will be TS snow -> RA2 snow and vice versa.

anytown.png

anytown.map

Edited by Messiah
  • Like 1

I finished the snow theater and added the two remaining ini files into the first post.

Two example maps are Aro's Cold War for RA2 and Lake Blitzen for TS.

I guess this will cause a flood of new maps for both games.

Edited by Messiah

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Amph
      i can't see the laser of the core defnder is that intentional to prevent the internal error bug?
    • By Freaky-Malokai
      I have installed CnCNet Client for RA2 and Yuri's Revenge, but when I open it, the client crashes.
      Is there a fix available? 
      Operating System is Windows 10
    • By W1NDW4LK3R
      Registering Your Gamesurge Account on CnCNet

NOTE: At this moment, this does NOT work on the Yuri's Revenge client.

Registering your account on CnCNet is a very simple process, and is recommended. One of the main reasons we recommend registering is that you'll be able to combat potential impersonators. An impersonator is a person who pretends to be someone else for entertainment or fraud. You'll also be able to have awards tied to your account such as the Gold Medal.

Registering is very easy, so here's where we'll begin. Our client is tied with our partners over at GameSurge.

1. Go to: https://gamesurge.net/createaccount/

2. Enter your information here. Your account name is the name that will be displayed when other players perform a whois on you. Your account name will NOT become your display name.

3. Login to your email. Check your junk folder as well, as sometimes your email will put GameSurge's email into the junk folder. The email should arrive in a timely manner, it should not take more than 30 minutes. The instructions are also posted in the email.

4. Start a private message with a bot, or an admin. Enter the command in the chat window. This can also be performed in the lobby as well. I do not recommend doing this as if you mess up, your information will be plastered all over the lobby. I have seen this happen.

The command is:
      /authserv auth <account> <temporary password>

Your temporary password is the password located in the email you received from GameSurge.

5. You will receive a notification from AuthServ stating that your information has been accepted.

You are now logged into your account.

Changing Your Password

1. Start a private message with a bot, or an admin. Enter the command in the chat window. You can also enter the command in the lobby.

The command is:
      /authserv pass <old password> <new password>

2. You will receive a notification from AuthServ in the lobby stating that your password has been successfully changed.

NOTE: If you've pasted your account information in the lobby, change your password immediately!

Logging Into Your Account

1. Start a private message with a bot, or an admin. Enter the command in the chat window. You can also enter the command in the lobby.

The command is:
      /authserv auth <account> <password>

2. You will receive a notification from AuthServ in the lobby stating that you've been recognized.

You are now logged into your account.

When clicking onto a user, you'll receive information about this user. If this user has logged into their account, you will see a (No Fake) title applied to their name and the account they're logged into.

If you have any questions or are unsure on what to do, post a reply below!
    • By LucasSK
      Welcome mappers, players, modders and other people that are interested in mapping Tiberian Sun. If you want to know how to make your own maps, you are at the right place to do so! I am LucasSK (creator of [TIBERIUM RESURRECTION] and I am mapping Tiberian Sun for over than a year and a half now.  When I was learning how to do stuff and making my first projects, I encountered many problems with too little answers, so I thought it would be great idea to share my skills, knowledge and summarize FInalSun in few posts here, throughout this detailed tutorial series. In this part, I will talk about everything related to mapping in FinalSun. And now, without further ado, lets get into it! NOTE: This tutorial is made based on Temperate Theater of the map (not Snow).
      (Download FinalSun here: https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/6720-final-sun-complete-fixed/)
      Blue part indicates stuff which I am going to talk about in 2nd part (coming soon)!
      Green part indicated stuff which I am going to talk about here!
       (basic FinalSun interface)
      Ground - Select ground type you want to use (or use clear for default ground). Everything except water will not affect accessibility. GROUND
      Change owner - Change object's owning house to any you have in your map. This doesn't apply for Ground however. OTHER
      Infantry - Choose any Infantry, that is available in-game (including Civilians and Mutants infantry). OBJECT
      Vehicles - Choose any Vehicle, that is available in-game (including Civilian, Cabal and Mutant vehicles). OBJECT
      Aircraft - Choose any Aircraft, that is available in-game (including Orca Transport). OBJECT
      Buildings - Choose any Building, that is available in-game (including Light Posts, Civilian structures and Crashes). Different buildings require different number of fields, so make sure there is no other object blocking those fields. OBJECT
      Terrain objects - Allows you to place Trees, Fonas and Tiberium trees in your map, or use Paint random trees to paint them randomly from the ones you choose. OBJECT
       (Paint random trees - Select Trees you want to use by moving them from Available to Used by Arrow, then press OK and place them in map)
      Smudges -  Place Craters and Burned remains on the ground. OBJECT
      Special / Overlay - Here you can paint Tiberium, Veins, Bridges, Walls and Erase it. OVERLAY
      Waypoints - Create Waypoints (used in Triggers and Scripts).  OTHER
      Celltags - Create Celltags (used in Triggers).  OTHER
      Base nodes - Lets you create Building "layout" for AI bases = where should AI build / replace which building. Attach this to an existing Building. OTHER
      Tunnels - Lets you create and delete Tunnel paths underground from one Tunnel entry to an another. OTHER
      Player locations - Set player(s) starting point and delete it (represented through Waypoints). OTHER
      ("left-side" layout)
      Special & Overlay - This contains all Overlays you can use. Unless you are pro-mapper, I suggest you ignore everything in this category (as it is included in Special / Overlay), except Rocks, Walls and Goodie Crate. OVERLAY
      Terrain / Ground - This contains some additional items you can manipulate with. Lets analyze them. GROUND
      0000 (Clear) - Clears ground (similar to the Clear in Ground section). 
      0009 (Ice Ramps) - Lets you manually create inequalities on terrain or elevations to higher "Height levels". 
      0010 (Cliff Set) - Lets you manually create Cliffs (+4 "Height levels" above ground).                               (Tiberian Sun has 15 "Height levels")
      0012 (Shore Pieces) - Lets you manually create Shores. 
      0013 (Rough LAT Tile) - Rough ground type (similar to the Ground 2 in Ground section) 
      0015 (Cliff/Water Pieces) - Lets you manually create Cliffs with water around them (+4 "Height levels" above ground). 
      0016 (Bendy Dirt Roads) - Twists and connectors for dirt roads. 
      0017 (Dirt Road Junctions) - Dirt road junctions.                                          (Straight road connected to leaning road using connector
      0018 (Straight Dirt Roads) - Straight and leaning dirt roads.                       from Bendy Dirt Roads selection)
      0019 (Bridges) - Attach this to Cliff. Ends for Big bridges (paint bridges from one end to an another using Bridges section from Special & Overlay).  (+4 "Height levels" above ground). 
      0020 (Paved Roads) - Paved roads and nearly everything you need to build them. 
      0021 (Water) - Water ground type (similar to the Water in Ground section). 
      0023 (Dirt Road Slopes) - Elevation for dirt roads (lets you lead dirt roads to higher "Height levels"). 
      0025 (Slope Set Pieces) - Attach this to Cliff. Lets you create way to get up the Cliff.
      0030 (Waterfalls) - Attach this to Cliff. Lets you create Waterfalls in certain direction. 
      0033 (Sand) - Sand ground type (similar to the Ground 1 in Ground section).
      0035 (Rough Ground) - Lets you create "2D" rough ground. 
      0036 (Paved Road Ends) - Endings for Paved Roads. 
      0037 (Train Bridges) - Attach this to Cliff. Ends for Big track bridges (paint bridges from one end to an another using Bridges section from Special & Overlay).  (+4 "Height levels" above ground). 
      0038 (Pavement) - Lets you create pavement ground + parking lots (great for cities). 
      0040 (Paved Road Bits) - Some details you can add to the middle of Paved Roads. 
      0041 (Green) - Green ground type (similar to the Ground 3 in Ground section).
      0043 (Ramp Edge Fixup) - Lets you create elevations to higher "Height levels". 
      0045 (Water Slopes) - Elevation for water (lets you lead water to higher "Height levels"). 
      0046 (Pavement (Use for LAT)) - Pavement ground type (similar to the Pavement in Ground section).
      0047 (Paved Road Slopes) - Elevation for paved roads (lets you lead paved roads to higher "Height levels"). 
      0048 (Monorail Slopes) - Elevation for rails (lets you lead rails to higher "Height levels").
      0049 (Waterfalls B) - Attach this to Cliff. Lets you create Waterfalls in certain direction.
      0050 (Waterfalls C) - Attach this to Cliff. Lets you create Waterfalls in certain direction. 
      0051 (Waterfalls D) - Attach this to Cliff. Lets you create Waterfalls in certain direction. 
      0053 (Tunnel Floor) - Creates Tunnel ending with Paved roads.
      0054 (Tunnel Side) - Creates "side" for Tunnel endings.
      0055 (Track Tunnel Floor) - Creates Tunnel ending with Paved roads and Tracks.
      0056 (Destroyable Cliffs) - Cliff that can be destroyed and used as entrance. 
      0057 (Water Caves) - Cliff with water caves in it. 
      0070 (Scrin Wreckage) - Scrin wreckage textures (WARNING: HUGE). 
      0072 (Dirt Track Tunnel Floor) - Creates Tunnel ending with Tracks. 
      0073 (Dirt Tunnel Floor) - Creates Tunnel ending. 
      0074 (Crystal LAT Tile) - Crystal LAT ground type (representing Green Tiberium) 
      0076 (Swampy) - Swampy ground type (usable on Water) 
      0078 (Blue Mold) - Blue mold LAT ground type (representing Blue Tiberium) 
      0080 (Crystal Cliff) - Cliff with Crystal LAT on it (+4 "Height levels" above ground).
      0081 (Kodiak Crash) - Kodiak crash textures (WARNING: HUGE). 
      NOTE: Some numbers may differ from the ones you will work with.
      ("lower" layout)
      Now, I would split these objects into 3 categories: Objects, Overlay, Ground, Other, so you can understand their features.
      Object - Characteristic / Description: They can be blocked by other Objects, aren't Overlay & Special and most of them are "3D" such as Vehicles, Infantry, Buildings, Trees, etc. Some of them are selectable by double-left-clicking on them and they are draggable by left-click-and-hold. Can be deleted by using Delete objects.
      Overlay - Characteristic / Description: Everything in Overlay & Special, can't be selected, often has weird field position (overlapping or near the edge of one field (not centered)). Can be deleted using Erase overlay.
      Ground - Characteristic / Description: Mostly "2D" items on the ground, on which you can place other Objects or Overlays + Water, Firestorm Defence. Can be deleted using Clear.
      Other - Characteristic / Description: Items you can't see in-game such as Waypoints, Celltags, etc.
      Vehicles, Aircraft, Infantry and Buildings have their "options" when you double-click on them. They are pretty much self-explanatory.

TIPS:
      (NOTE: I will update these occasionally , so feel free to send me yours)
      - read Manual by pressing F1 while in FinalSun or Tips (Help -> Tip of the day)!
      - while making map, play it once in a while to check if everything is working!
      - make terrain as interesting as you can by putting multiple decorations there!
      - make sure things aren't overlapping!
      - FinalSun has many bugs, be patient and calm !
      If you have any questions, need help with anything, something's missing here, found incorrect statement or something incorrectly explained here, please let me know through Reply, Private Message or Discord (LucasSK#4124). This is my 1st tutorial, so feel free to review it and ask further questions about mapping 😉. At last, I recommend you checking my recent addon [TIBERIUM RESURRECTION] - https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/9186-wip-tiberium-resurrection/ - See ya soon in the 2nd part! Have a good day.
    • By FunkyFr3sh
      Command & Conquer 1, Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, Dune 2000 (+ Mods)

Linux (Ubuntu) example:
      sudo apt-get install libmono-system-core4.0-cil mono-runtime wget http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet-server.exe nohup mono cncnet-server.exe --name "My cool server" --maxclients 200 --port 50001 > cncnet-server.log &  

Note: Newer Mono versions are bugged and can't be used, please stick to 5.14 or below.

Windows:
      On XP, Vista and 7 make sure .NET 4.0 is installed: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=17113
      Download the server and start it: http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet-server-gui.exe

Note: Servers are chosen automatically by CnCNet and are only used in case 2 players fail to establish a Peer-To-Peer connection.

Yuris Revenge (+ Mods)

Linux (Ubuntu) example:
      sudo apt-get install default-jre wget http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet-tunnel.exe nohup java -jar cncnet-tunnel.exe -name "My cool server" -maxclients 200 -port 50000 -headless > cncnet-tunnel.log &  

Windows:
      Download the server and start it: http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet-tunnel.exe

Note:  To use a specific server you'll have to select it via the advanced settings while hosting a game room.

Linux autostart
      crontab -e @reboot nohup mono ~/cncnet-server.exe --name "My cool server" --maxclients 100 --port 50001 > ~/cncnet-server.log &  

The servers will not show up instantly on the website, it can take up to 30 minutes