Quick (Ranked) Match Map Pool Feedback

[CC] RaVaGe

sure i guess but there are issues much more important needed to be adressed first like the point system, bailing in start, washing not giving win and being able to kick your opponent in disconnect screen. once the ladder functions well worry about the maplist. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heldro said:

sure i guess but there are issues much more important needed to be adressed first like the point system, bailing in start, washing not giving win and being able to kick your opponent in disconnect screen. once the ladder functions well worry about the maplist. 

Everything is being worked on and experimented on simultaneously the maps list will be changed up a bit every month to keep it interesting and fun.
Just report any of your system/client issues in the testers forum in the QM feedback thread, with clear bullet points so it's easier to keep track of.

Edited by FReQuEnZy

Urban Rush   
Dune Patrol  
Blood Feud  

Very noob-friendly, small strategy, little movement options, not much going on at all. 

Offense Defense   
Dustbowl  
Official Tournament Map B  
Dry Heat  

a step up but Pretty much the same thing:  noob-friendly, not much going on. 

Right off the bat, half the maps are a complete redundancy of cheesy, noob-infested rush maps with nothing going on. If you insist on having a map that n00bs will grin upon seeing for the sake of diversity, sure. But 7 of them breaks the shit-o-meter in half, especially when thinking about all the great maps u have available ..

Golden State Freeway 
another noob friendly rush map where the bottom spawns have easy access to 3 gems spots while the top spawns only 2.   Yikes. If i was a n00b and trying to get a lucky win vs some1 decent, this is THEE map i would pick.  If not this, than any of the maps listed above.

Montana DMZ 
another noobfriendly imbalanced rush map favored by the rightside spawns.  

Stormy Weather 
Dominated by the service depot in the center, which can be caputred by a an engi protected by dogs--dogs-- a 100% luck-based unit.  And... its hard to move around and attack on this map. Its good to have slow strategic maps like this but its a complete rudancy when almost ALL of them are like this. 

Tour of Egypt 
One of my personal fav maps, but in this pool its a redudancy of stand-off, hard to attack, noobfriendnlyness. The map list is so shitty, it makes one of my personal fav maps unattractive. 

River Rampage
nowhere to move, nowhere to attack, a common theme in this maplist. It could be a perfect complementary map in the right list, but in this case its yet more redundancy of not- much -going -on-ness.

Little Big Bay 
 if the map list was good, this could be ok (at best) for the curve-ball, but with the current list it equates to more shit due to the highly awkward location of the gems. 

Reconcile 
Coldest Peak 
Unrepentant   
Heck Freezes Over 
Snow Valley 
Jungle of vietnam 

nice maps 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FReQuEnZy said:

Plenty of maps so newer & returning players can get frustrated at the amount the will have to learn.
The maps are already picked to provide the best variety and balance.

Players already run into that problem regardless of maps. Ever notice it's the same players as always in ladder competition? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FReQuEnZy said:

In the masters? Yeah, contenders, no. 

A lot of players I've never seen before.

And you can't say always the same when the qm is out in public for less than 2 months.

A lot of the nicks are just aliases. Anyone that is truly new to the game a extremely seldom. Most new players just play ffg since qm intimidates them.

A little off topic but while this thread's still active, I'd like to reiterate a suggestion of random 50/50 chances for certain options to be enabled for QM:

-Supers--was successfully implemented on XWIS and I believe is still in use; punishes players who constantly try to "fast tech"

-Destroyable Bridges--might encourage camping on some maps but hey, why not try it out?

-No Dog Engi Eat--forces players to utilize other tactics to secure tech buildings, especially ones in more neutral areas instead of relying on dog luck (always disabled if Multi-Engineer is enabled)

-Multi-Engineer (always disabled in all vs Yuri matches)--discourage constant early engi rushing which plagued QM on XWIS

Being that we're still in the testing phases, wouldn't now be a good time to see how matches play out with crucial options like these having a random chance of being enabled?

Edited by PrezSpammer

31 minutes ago, PrezSpammer said:

A little off topic but while this thread's still active, I'd like to reiterate a suggestion of random 50/50 chances for certain options to be enabled for QM:

-Supers--was successfully implemented on XWIS and I believe is still in use; punishes players who constantly try to "fast tech"

-Destroyable Bridges--might encourage camping on some maps but hey, why not try it out?

-No Dog Engi Eat--forces players to utilize other tactics to secure tech buildings, especially ones in more neutral areas instead of relying on dog luck

-Multi-Engineer (always disabled in all vs Yuri matches and/or when NDEE is enabled)--discourage constant early engi rushing which plagued QM on XWIS

Being that we're still in the testing phases, wouldn't now be a good time to see how matches play out with crucial options like these having a random chance of being enabled?

Why would we want to punish players who have a fast tech style? 
If they can pull it off successfully then they deserve to be able to,
playing against Yuri would be near impossible late game without supers,
a competitive scene shouldn't have random elements, especially in terms of settings.

Destroyable bridges are on... Everything is set-up like the original game/WOL.

Dogs are less luck than you think, also it makes engineering easier.

The engineer rushing only plagued lower skilled players, the top players can easily stop engineer rushes 90% of the time.

Those are not such 'crucial' options besides moving the game away from the original, how the developers intended it to be, which is how most of the CNCNet staff wants the experience to be like. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrezSpammer said:

-No Dog Engi Eat--forces players to utilize other tactics to secure tech buildings, especially ones in more neutral areas instead of relying on dog luck

-Multi-Engineer (always disabled in all vs Yuri matches and/or when NDEE is enabled)--discourage constant early engi rushing which plagued QM on XWIS

It would be interesting to try some of these out. Don't let these players discourage your ideas. Their opinions are not superior to yours. Debate is crucial.

• Upvote 1

I'm with Frequency here.

Having things tinkered to random does not do well in a competitive environment.

Destroyable bridges being random is kind of silly and borderline useless. And when it is useful it is absolutely critical to the game usually (and I don't want my game determined by whether or not a silly setting was on or off).

No dog Engi eat is much more interesting of an option, but lends to problems with lamers (i.e. if dog can't eat engi, then my engi is super engi and I can engi walk 10x better, and engi rush 100x better). Having it set to random is borderline suicide. It's already bad enough as it is, there's just no reason to have this setting as random.

Multi-engineer is most likely the only option worth trying as it would be very harmful to lamers. I'm interested in this, but either have it ON or OFF. Not random.

Supers being random is debatable, has worked before, and I can see it working as random. I have no real problem personally with it -- I think the current set up of ALWAYS supers ON is bad for gameplay as CekaJ has discussed -- it puts allies in a very bad spot on most situations. I think some work here could be done.

So TLDR: Multi-engi? Maybe ON worth experimenting. SW OFF on all or certain situations is really worth exploring. Others? Bad idea.

Edited by XXxPrePxX
  • Upvote 1

I've never supported random supers even when playing Allied and never will, there's plenty of meta game before the IC takes the victory.
Allied are supposed to be played aggressively, not as defensively as the current norm seems to be.

Multi engi on? Maybe for the contenders league, but not masters.

Edited by FReQuEnZy
  • Like 1