CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question

So me and a group of work friends have been playing a lot of the games through CnCNet recently, I usually host them but I noticed as host I tend to get a bit of delay in game.

So I thought maybe I'd look into spinning up a server through DigitalOcean, or an old tower. I did some light searching and found a post from 2016 which stated that the specs were 1 Core, 512 MB RAM, 20 GB HDD. Do these still hold true, and are they the recommended level specs for a cncnet server?

Thanks ahead of time!

1 answer to this question

I've been running the v3 server (cnc1/ra/ts/d2k) with Debian7 / 128 MB RAM / 8GB HDD just fine. If you want to host both servers (to cover all games) then 256+ MB might be better

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By kane105
      I installed the full download of Tiberian Sun and it works perfectly until the end of the second mission of the Nod campaign. After that the screen goes back and it gives the "Tiberian Sun Executable error" message and crashes. I've tried it a couple of times all with the same result. Is there any fix or anything I could try?
    • By tallerthanstalin
      So I was playing Dawn of the Tiberium Age with some friends and we do get some regular crashes, the save feature is nice but we had a final crash in our third game that corrupted the entire line of them. Is there a patch or compatibility option we're missing? Could it be my router? is it just like this? We all use Windows 10 I believe.
      Thanks in advance for anyone that can help us! We love this project, 6 of us just discovered it, and would like it to work enough for us to finish a longer game. Thanks!
    • By AndrewFord
      on the CncNet5 (RA, TS, TD version) there is usually a flashing green button that says "streaming" whenever someone is live on twitch but it doesn't show anymore. When shall this be fixed.