RA2 YR running in slow motion

FnordyWall542

Question

7 answers to this question

I'm having this problem. I've tried everything but the problem continues.

The original patchless game (CNCnet not installed) works very well. However, the game is played in slow motion when running with CNCnet.

My Operating System Windows 7 x64

And Graphic Card is Nvidia GTX 660Ti

Edited by StANDby007

Hello,

If you are experiencing slow or choppy gameplay whilst playing on CnCNet, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem.

1. Install the CnCNet client (Skip to step 3 if already installed)
  2. This will look for your existing game directory.
  3. Once installed run CnCNetYRLauncher.exe or the shortcut supplied.
  4. Click "Options"
  5. Select "Display" and under the render options, select a new renderer. Commonly, Automatic works best.
  6. Click Save, and launch Skirmish. 
  7. Play a game with the AI. If the gameplay is fast then this renderer will likely be the best for you.
  8. If it hasn't worked, repeat from step 5 until you find a renderer that works best with your system.

Failing the above, ensure your video drivers are up-to-date. You are running a suitable resolution the game can handle.

client.png

12 minutes ago, Grant said:

Hello,

If you are experiencing slow or choppy gameplay whilst playing on CnCNet, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem.

1. Install the CnCNet client (Skip to step 3 if already installed)
  2. This will look for your existing game directory.
  3. Once installed run CnCNetYRLauncher.exe or the shortcut supplied.
  4. Click "Options"
  5. Select "Display" and under the render options, select a new renderer. Commonly, Automatic works best.
  6. Click Save, and launch Skirmish. 
  7. Play a game with the AI. If the gameplay is fast then this renderer will likely be the best for you.
  8. If it hasn't worked, repeat from step 5 until you find a renderer that works best with your system.

Failing the above, ensure your video drivers are up-to-date. You are running a suitable resolution the game can handle.

client.png

I tried all of theese options. But problem is not solved. 

Not just the game, the mouse pointer is also slowing down. When I press the ESC key and switch to the menu screen, the mouse pointer and computer are accelerating again.

On 11/18/2018 at 3:58 PM, Grant said:

Have you tried running Default? That will not include a renderer when you play (and will replicate what you are experiencing when you play without CnCNet)

I bought a new ssd and installed a new windows 7 x64. I have installed a new red alert 2 and yuri's revenge to this new system. Both games worked just fine. But I downloaded the CNCnet client again. And I ran the game with Client. And it worked again in slow-motion.

It was running great with Windows 7 which was formerly no such problem. It was like that with the latest updates.