Red Alert 2 Videos

ExcaliburTg

Hello again guys,
Not to open a new topic every-time I will update this post with every new addition. Hope you don't mind me posting this.

===================================================================================

Edited by ExcaliburTg
  • Like 2

How many years I've been playing this game and I didn't know realise that an Ore purifier and Industrial plant brought you more money, I thought it was only reducing costs. I'm such a noob.

Really nice videos though, unique. Will be sharing them on our channels soon. ?

• Haha 1

Man, thank you for your videos, they only proof that many of us don't really knows how anything works.

if you don't mind, I'll add some topics obscure enough to investigate, if you want:

-how much damage deals terrorists compared to demolishion trucks? terrorists packed in the flack track? ivan bombed conscripts packed in flack track? ivan bombed terrorists packed in flack track? ivan bombed demolition trucks?

-radiational damage from multiple desolators

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grant said:

Really nice videos though, unique. Will be sharing them on our channels soon. ?

That would be great,  thank you.

6 hours ago, Gun_Man said:

So, is this video proving that industrial plant doesnt increase build speed?

Well I was really expecting a faster build speed but it just didn't happen..

3 hours ago, Milkey Wilkey said:

Man, thank you for your videos, they only proof that many of us don't really knows how anything works.

if you don't mind, I'll add some topics obscure enough to investigate, if you want:

-how much damage deals terrorists compared to demolishion trucks? terrorists packed in the flack track? ivan bombed conscripts packed in flack track? ivan bombed terrorists packed in flack track? ivan bombed demolition trucks?

-radiational damage from multiple desolators

I would love to receive suggestions for videos and those are some interesting ones. I'll add them to my list. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Milkey Wilkey said:

-how much damage deals terrorists compared to demolishion trucks? terrorists packed in the flack track? ivan bombed conscripts packed in flack track? ivan bombed terrorists packed in flack track? ivan bombed demolition trucks?

if you going to do this pls also test ivan&terrorist in ifv, bombed and unbombed. i think @FReQuEnZy once claimed bombed ivan/terrorist ifv does more damage as unbombed ivan/terrorist ifv, but i dont believe that.

The native resolution leaves blank bars on left and right. I have to stretch it a bit to fit the whole screen and to adjust it to Youtube HD. To be honest, it doesn't look bad to my eyes although I can notice your resolution is kind of different.

I am pretty sure your game comes with some improvements in resolution since my cds are back from the very first date that the game was released. I got a new copy but I still haven't installed it since my old game works just fine. :)

6 hours ago, ExcaliburTg said:

The native resolution leaves blank bars on left and right. I have to stretch it a bit to fit the whole screen and to adjust it to Youtube HD. To be honest, it doesn't look bad to my eyes although I can notice your resolution is kind of different.

I am pretty sure your game comes with some improvements in resolution since my cds are back from the very first date that the game was released. I got a new copy but I still haven't installed it since my old game works just fine. :)

Red Alert 2 has adjustable resolution by default from the very first version. Look in the RA2MD.ini, under the [Video] section there would be something like this:

ScreenWidth=1024
ScreenHeight=768

Change it to at least 1280x720 to keep aspect ratio intact (no change in menus).

OR alternativelly I'd suggest leaving black bars in as it will look better than the stretched image.

12 hours ago, ExcaliburTg said:

So you not use the native resolution, this game have all resolutions working and they are many 4K players come one i try to help you and you don't take it. 

Edited by Kikematamitos

10 hours ago, Kikematamitos said:

So you not use the native resolution, this game have all resolutions working and they are many 4K players come one i try to help you and you don't take it. 

You are wrong, I started looking ways to fix the resolution from the time you mentioned that it's annoying. I just mentioned that I though it was just fine but if it bothers viewers which I can understand there's no way I would have left it like this.

15 hours ago, Milkey Wilkey said:

Red Alert 2 has adjustable resolution by default from the very first version. Look in the RA2MD.ini, under the [Video] section there would be something like this:

ScreenWidth=1024
ScreenHeight=768

Change it to at least 1280x720 to keep aspect ratio intact (no change in menus). 

OR alternativelly I'd suggest leaving black bars in as it will look better than the stretched image.

Thank you sir. It was piece of cake after all and it perfectly fits with my video editing options.

@Kikematamitos already fixed!

Edited by ExcaliburTg

5 hours ago, ExcaliburTg said:

Guys, is there any easy way to make units gain veterancy by killing your own units? Will help me a lot to save time with the videos.

Is better if you learn to use final alert i don't know but people make maps and all that stuf there 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ExcaliburTg said:

Guys, is there any easy way to make units gain veterancy by killing your own units? Will help me a lot to save time with the videos.

Double click on the unit when using Final Alert then set veterancy to 999, btw what do you use to record games? :)

3 hours ago, ExcaliburTg said:

New video!

Harriers vs Black Eagles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXCS2brfcVY

It would be great if you make the second part or "Harriers vs Black Eagles!" to show how many planes are needed to destroy different buildings. The other points here are: 
1. Sometimes you can sacrifice some planes to kill some important building (tech lab mostly) if there are some anti air nearby (saw on FReQuEnZy's stream). Plane does a damage when it falls
2. Show a way how to avoid plane shots by vehicle/infantry or/and how to use planes more efficient to when your opponent tries to avoid shots

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 4:43 AM, aWarN1GGa said:

Double click on the unit when using Final Alert then set veterancy to 999, btw what do you use to record games? :)

Final Alert doesn't seem to be very simple. I definitely need to spend some time here.

Fraps is the software!

Btw, I am working on Virus vs Sniper right now so if there's something specific you would like to see let me know! :)

Edited by ExcaliburTg