Feature request : spy timelimit

cypher

I think spy's are very imbalanced, because they give such a huge advantage (talking about barracks and warfactories) the whole game.

Is there a possibility to make spy-effects timebound, like 5 minutes free promotions for units and then normal units again?

Or - make a button to provide spys to both parties?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

NO PLEASE DON'T ADD THAT! 

Leave the game as it was.

Those are the original Multiplayer Dialog settings for yuri's revenge

And I realized that you didn't add them all -Why?-  Like ShadowGrow,TiberiumGrows,FogOfWar,Shroud,HarvesterTruce,Bases,CaptureTheFlag,TechLevel,AIDifficulty,MoneyIncrement

Please add those settings to the game again, because they are originally part of yuri's revenge.

[MultiplayerDialogSettings]
MinMoney=5000
Money=10000
MaxMoney=10000
MoneyIncrement=100
MinUnitCount=0
UnitCount=10
MaxUnitCount=10
TechLevel=10
GameSpeed=1
AIDifficulty=0
AIPlayers=0
BridgeDestruction=yes
ShadowGrow=no
Shroud=yes
Bases=yes
TiberiumGrows=yes
Crates=yes
CaptureTheFlag=no
HarvesterTruce=no
MultiEngineer=no
AlliesAllowed=no
ShortGame=yes
FogOfWar=no
MCVRedeploys=yes
AllyChangeAllowed=yes

Thank You.

Edited by ᅚᅚᅚ
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

What about those multiplayer Dialog settings? They are part of the game, Why not adding them?

ShadowGrow,TiberiumGrows,FogOfWar,Shroud,HarvesterTruce,Bases,CaptureTheFlag,TechLevel,AIDifficulty,MoneyIncrement

Please add them, the game should be as it was.

Edited by ᅚᅚᅚ

In 1on1 matches, spies are balanced. 1on1 matches don't go on for too long, and the spies are part of the special dynamic of sovs vs. allies.

However, in these 6/8 player FFG's these days, spies are pretty annoying/imbalanced. The problem is, the allied players immediately take advantage of the lesser skilled opposing player, spy the shit out of him, and all the sudden have 10 minutes to sit in their base creating veteran units while you try to overcome it. 

I don't think there is a way to correctly balance it without ruining parts of the game, it is what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

u name it prep!

Most of the times I play FFA's on large maps and I see exactly the behaviour you mentioned. I thought a time limit could be a good walkaround, so you don't have disadvantages in relative short 1on1s and still don't have the game destroyed for longer FFAs.

Maybe the shortest and best walkaround for me personally is to change the unit stats via ini edit, as mcpwny mentioned.

But I think this is a general issue, depending on the game mode.

• Upvote 1

I think it'd be kinda nice to play FFG's without spies. 

Having an option to turn spys off would solve this real quick. I'd bet a lot of hosts would use it too. Problem usually occurs on sedona pass, Hammer and Sickle,or the infinite money maps. It really ruins the game and all it takes is one person to exploit it out of the 6 or 8 players. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1