LAN Network Failure to Connect

Warmexxus

Question

Hi there, I've been scouring the internet/forums for some time now and haven't been able to get the direction I need. My situation is this:

Game: Yuri's Revenge

For the last year me and my girlfriend have been able to play LAN games using CnCNet Lan option. My girlfriend's computer cannot host games ever because it always fails, but my computer could always host games no problem. Now all of a sudden for an unknown reason my computer cannot host the games anymore (neither can my girlfriend's per usual), so we have resorted to playing over the global game list which to me seems unnecessary. 

I haven't made any software changes to my physical laptop, and I don't believe she has either. So I'm wondering what could have changed about our two connections that will not allow us to play in a LAN game?

The specific message that comes up on her screen when attempting to connect to me says: Connecting to the game failed! Message: A Connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.24:1233 

The specific message that I receive when trying to join her hosted game says: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 192.168.1.10:1233

Any ideas?

I've disabled all software firewalls and added exceptions to allow traffic anyways just in case. Antivirus is disabled on both machines. 

Thank you kindly

Edited by Warmexxus

1 answer to this question