Change ladder?

KHANIVORE

Not enough people to have a meaningful tourney, their ladder system is flawed and based on how many matches you play rather than just winning and losing. They refuse to update the game in any meaningful way, and it runs like crap on my computer. All these things combined = lol why even play.

On 5/23/2019 at 2:01 PM, TRZ said:

I think the separate sign up process for the ladder was a mistake and is why its not so active. Is there a way to get rid of it and just integrate it like the old days? And how about clan games?

Have you done any research and asked the players one by one about why they don't play the ladder?

On 5/23/2019 at 6:07 PM, 9LivesCatFood said:

Not enough people to have a meaningful tourney, their ladder system is flawed and based on how many matches you play rather than just winning and losing. They refuse to update the game in any meaningful way, and it runs like crap on my computer. All these things combined = lol why even play.

That has been changed long time ago, you do actually lose points now

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2019 at 1:01 PM, TRZ said:

I think the separate sign up process for the ladder was a mistake and is why its not so active.

I couldn't agree more. I am confident we will see more ladder activity if players can click on 'new game' from the main client and check a box for ladder rather than how it is now.

Edited by pogba1

6 hours ago, pogba1 said:

I couldn't agree more. I am confident we will see more ladder activity if players can click on 'new game' from the main client and check a box for ladder rather than how it is now.

Everyone would agree with this, but you are mot considering the vast technical problems associated with such a plan. Come up with an idea tgat solves those and youll be on to something...

its not like the devs went through hell creating the ladder environment for no reason... 

• Upvote 1

there has to be an easier way. theres been other tiberian sun clients over the years that have done it. clearly a ladder can be made, and it can be integrated.

funky i dont need to ask, i said i think - as in my opinion, and others are free to agree or disagree, i have a pretty good grasp on what happens on ts and its players

10 hours ago, pogba1 said:

That's how our ladder used to be for RA/TS, you hosted a room and checked the "ladder game" checkbox. That didn't work out too well, cause now you were sitting in a game room and had to wait for someone else to join, during that time you couldn't do anything besides waiting. The quickmatch client solved that problem very well, now you can register for a ladder game in the quickmatch client and just continue playing ffg games in the main client while you wait for the ladder game.

The activity is much better for RA with the quickmatch client than what we had before without the quickmatch client. 

TS was active for about 2 month, then it died out with both ladders that we had, I guess there are just not enough players and/or most of the TS players don't have much interest in ladder games.

I think Red Alert 1 is morbidly outdated and tedious to play and i think red alert 2 has garbage unit spam strategies but you know what? they have a lot of players. I think Tiberian Sun is the only game that is fun and tactical but it is much deader than those two other games. What I personally think should happen is everyone should be forced to register an account and all matches should be recorded as a tourney match. This would make matches have value to people since it would matter. People would then be able to reference a match brag about winning, etc. but cncnet is dedicated to making the games as easy to play as possible and that means not needing to register an account and as nice as that is i think its the primary reason Tiberian Sun players don't play tournies. It takes too much effort to register an account just to sit there in a dead game room. quite frankly theres 50 people playing at most only 1 or 2 dummies are gonna use the account feature at that point in a feeble attempt to have a tourney match that no one in their right mind would care about. Some people care about tournaments, some people care about mod maps, some people care about just having fun. at this point the tourney people are screwed and should have moved on to other games a long time ago. tiberian sun these days is for nostalgia more than anything else not a serious community.

cncnet turned out to be just as stubborn as xwis when it comes to having a deadset way about handling these games and its sad that the best you can hope for is yet another server to pop up that fixes Tiberian Sun's bugs, updates it, and provides a accessible tournament feature. cncnet refuses to do all of this. Sad but true.  Just move on if you dont like the way cncnet currently is. thats what i did. havent played in at least a few months. besides once or twice cause someone told me to play them.

Edited by 9LivesCatFood

56 minutes ago, RaVaGe said:

But you sure come back here to cry very salty tears.

TS has always been less popular and least active, move on and deal with it.

Not crying. Just pointing out why I don't play so they know. Now go back to your tank spam game since you don't even like Tiberian Sun I don't know why you're in this section besides trying to stir up drama towards other users like a few of your past posts. No wonder you go around calling people trolls.

Edited by 9LivesCatFood

On 5/23/2019 at 11:07 AM, 9LivesCatFood said:

I've never seen you ask for help for performance problems. We have a discord server you can join by clicking the Discord button in the upper right of the TS client.

On 5/25/2019 at 1:08 PM, TRZ said:

there has to be an easier way. theres been other tiberian sun clients over the years that have done it. clearly a ladder can be made, and it can be integrated. 

23 hours ago, TRZ said:

ill bet you get more ladder games reverting to the check ladder game box. obviously ts activity dwindled. its like 20 yrs later.

Are you saying that you don't play ladder games because it's not integrated? The way the ladder works now, it costs you zero effort  or time to queue up for a match, you can even go on playing ffgs while you wait for a ladder match. (If not, explain why you don't play ladder matches)

Ive said a few times that Tiberian Sun runs very poorly for me. Red Alert 1 and Red Alert 2 perform very well on my computer. Funky said the renderers should perform the same since some of them are interchangeable with RA1 etc. But when I play Tiberian Sun it has notiable performance problems in comparison to RA1 and RA2. When I scroll around the map there's noticeable  screen tearing and stutter. Doesn't happen with RA1 and RA2. some renderers work slightly better than others but its still noticeably worse on Tiberian Sun.

With that said tho Tiberian Sun has slipped too far these days. Too much effort to get a good game going so I'm not going to play anymore. You let it die too much. when cncnet first got tiberian sun it brought it back to life. it was dead on xwis. but now it has sank too far down yet again and is too much work and effort to enjoy. i play other games now. lol.

Edited by 9LivesCatFood

well to be fair the showing all other nicknames and not allowing players to smurf is also a reason activity dwindles. ive seen it before. every major game allows for smurfing, for players to have casual games and not be dodged, or to practice...etc.  that was also a mistake imo to show all user names. 

unless someone is cheating this shouldnt be, no reason to get rid of smurfing i think it killed the ladder as well as that was a huge part of the ts player and clan ladder so that people wouldnt dodge games. 

u guys on ur end can keep track of ips or names or w/e but why show to all

12 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

game list is now showing a "Ranked Match" game, if there is someone waiting in the quick match queue then it will change its color and player count

unknown.png

Nice update that