How To Balance Yuri Naval Units.

MapDesigner

Hello,

Here is my idea on what Yuri's Balanced Naval Arsenal Should be:

1. Gattling ship (800)
  2. Magnetron Ship (2000, requires battle lab)
  3. Remove artillery rockets for boomer sub (1750 still requires radar)

so basically, boomer is like apocalyples, sub like rhino, and destroyer like grizzly.

what do you think?

I kinda also want mastermind but that might be too imba and also too similar to a special unit.

Edited by MapDesigner

• 2 weeks later...

I think you should just  make a naval Yuri bunker ship without the walls or something, and make boomer at battlelab. Then you can have diverse naval for Yuri, Although maybe it being a transport ship would make it OP

But I think your ideas are good, my only concern is  without a naval unit to attack buildings there is no incentive to really attack with navy 

Edited by a1nthony

6 hours ago, a1nthony said:

I think you should just  make a naval Yuri bunker ship without the walls or something, and make boomer at battlelab. Then you can have diverse naval for Yuri, Although maybe it being a transport ship would make it OP

But I think your ideas are good, my only concern is  without a naval unit to attack buildings there is no incentive to really attack with navy 

But my  Magnetron ship does attack buildings. Further it also pulls vehicles just like Magnetron Tank.

Now Yuris problem would be to deal with infantries, but gattling ships will partially do that. So yuri might be better than Allied naval units against infantries too.

So I guess my suggestions solve that too. (Ofc the mag ship will need some more range  than the tank counter part)

18 hours ago, a1nthony said:

I think a longer range magnetron ship would be op honestly, against other naval units and such, especially combined with discs. But isn’t magnetron pretty weak against structures? Have you tried to kill a war factory with one magnetron before? 

I guess. It kinda feels like same strength as V3 launchers or so (or basically weak version of  prism tank)

but yes I use them a lot to destroy buildings just like I use prism tanks. with 5 of them you can destroy buidlings.

Edit: but I never thought they will be OP vs ships, only OP vs land units perhaps (since most seas have no terrains and mag ships wouldnt be able to cursh them I guess; but yes there are few games where there is a little island in the middle of the sea, but most maps do not have that as far as I know)

only scenario where they can crush ships is if they stand behind their naval shipyard, or if there is a battle going right along the shore, and so there would be chance that mag-ship will drop them on land.

am I missing something?

Edit: mag tank have 12 range. V3 have 13, dread have 25, France tower have 15; I was thinking mag ships should have about 14-18 range or so, not sure if it should outrange france tower or not (im thinking 16 range is best balance). (problem is they will be very hard to defend from land, but AAC and dread AA can be used to counter them.)

Edited by MapDesigner

So I guess I can show you how I analyze things, and I know I’m far from the best, but maybe you can see where I’m coming from and why I think the way I do.

I start by analyzing strengths and weaknesses of the unit itself, what is it’s purpose? Than it’s how to achieve this purpose?-my guess is a naval unit compared to allied sovs that is meant to damage the structure of buildings and replace the overpowered boomer. if this is not the case then what’s the purpose?  We can compare this ship to the magnetron and ask  other questions:

Is this effective for its purpose-magnetrons do not compare in killing structures but it can use other units for this-keeping in my mind the abuse that a magnetron unit can be used for we then ask would this magnetron ship have a lot of armor? What would it’s range be? How fast? How much damage would we allow it to do to structures on its own? Like a magnetron can I just rapidly click on units and render 5 of my opponents units with one of mine? Etc...

and asking all these questions you have to take the Yuri army into account, discs are very good, when mangetrons get combined with discs and they juggle.. its deadly. Would discs and this unit be way to overpowered? And then you would have to look at the rest of the Yuri army.. 

Honestly, from fighting top  Yuri players I’m just hesitant introducing a better magnetron unit when I’ve been abused and have been abused by this thing. 

Those are my initial thoughts

Edited by a1nthony
  • Like 1

I didn’t mean to kill the topic lol, sometimes I thoroughly enjoy talking about stuff like this, and I’m not one minded I do suppose I can get a little passionate. But I agree about adding a Yuri navy, I always thought that the most this game could expand on would be, Expanding the naval aspect. The problem is Yuri is just so unique in its army that it’s tough adding another super cool unit.

Edited by a1nthony

I have no idea why are you talking in 2019 about Yuri balancing problems which were already discussed by XWIS community in 2000s.

On 6/28/2018 at 12:37 AM, Ezer_2000 said:

Be careful guys! Here you are discussing the ideas of thousands useless mods have been started.

How old are you guys?

• Upvote 2

I was part of that Xwis community.. guess I’m pretty old. Also because people can make something like this now easier than before and I guess it would be pretty fun to play? Expanding naval for all sides would be a fun game type for “naval battle”. And what’s the harm in a little conversation? Don’t post in the topic if you don’t have anything to contribute to the OP....

Edited by a1nthony
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 5:56 PM, Ndesguise said:

I will take these Ideas and put them in action along with the several other mod units I've built under the name of Navatech, then they will at least be out there in maps.

pm me when your mod is done. preferably if someone also showed illustrations in youtube video.

• 3 months later...

Gattling ship would be awesome if there is any with good appearance and cameo.

With just editing rulesmd. You can turn Yuri Prime or hover transport into some kind of AA ship. For example in my personal modification, Y.Prime attacks air too with 2/3 disc damage and +%50 range, (200 HP heavy armor) which they are more cost efficient for air coverage on sea and not terribly imbalanced either.

How about requiring battle lab for building Yuri naval yard? It's not that the submarine missiles are so powerful, it's that Yuri can easily rush enemies with them when they don't have enough defenses.

I think that little change would be enough to balance things up.

Edited by Sam-I-am

Yuri side would be almost doomed to lose on the sea if Allies/Soviets just rushed their low level naval units. It would be good solution only if Yuri had more naval units.

What about just making boomers surface vessels?

4 hours ago, Otuken said:

Yuri side would be almost doomed to lose on the sea if Allies/Soviets just rushed their low level naval units. It would be good solution only if Yuri had more naval units.

Beating Yuri won't be that easy anyway. Magnetron alone is a nightmare for the other two factions. In my opinion, it's the best and most effective ground defense unit to counter surface naval units of all factions (+ surfaced Boomers), even without the Mastermind.

4 hours ago, Otuken said:

What about just making boomers surface vessels?

I thought about that, but perhaps it won't be fair to strip them from their main defense capability, given that Yuri navy doesn't have anti-air units, and because they rely heavily on the hit-and-run tactic, especially that they have less firepower compared to their counterparts. Making them visible all the time would make them almost useless.

My suggestion is based on the fact that most people complain about Yuri naval rush, and frankly, I'm not a fan of mods. I prefer leaving the original settings untouched, but I would accept that because it's a slight change that doesn't involve changing any significant values.

Edited by Sam-I-am

• 1 year later...

I think boomers should stay as the way they are, as they fit with the general aura of Yuri army. I definitely agree with gattling ships, and besides their armor hitpower may be doubled -to fit with enemy ships-, compared to the gattling tank.

However, magnetron ship would be too overpowered. Instead, I would keep the 'siege duty' at boomers, and prefer a robot tank like hover unit, which can mind control 2 ships at once.