working with origin

Zemo

Question

Hello guys, new to the forum here,

I just bought C&C the ultimate collection on origin. As expected, as i am using windows 10 i can't play RA2. I downloaded CnCNET and i ran it on the instalation folder of the game, and through it i can open the game but only to play online, and then if i try to go back and open it with origin it doesn't open at all... the question here is: Is there a way the CnCNET patches work on the app created by origin so that i can play the campaign?

Thanks 4 the help!

1 answer to this question

Hello,

If you are experiencing slow or choppy gameplay whilst playing on CnCNet, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem.

1. Install the CnCNet client (Skip to step 3 if already installed)
  2. This will look for your existing game directory.
  3. Once installed run CnCNetYRLauncher.exe or the shortcut supplied.
  4. Click "Options"
  5. Select "Display" and under the render options, select a new renderer. Commonly, Automatic works best.
  6. Click Save, and launch Skirmish. 
  7. Play a game with the AI. If the gameplay is fast then this renderer will likely be the best for you.
  8. If it hasn't worked, repeat from step 5 until you find a renderer that works best with your system.
  9. Now you can close CnCNet, and launch the Origin game. These should now work too.

Failing the above, ensure your video drivers are up-to-date. You are running a suitable resolution the game can handle.

client.png